Needless to say tonight is a must win for the Capitals. I fully expect us to get blown out 5-1.

And to think Calgary wanted Anaheim over the Hawks. Calgary has got to find a decent goaltender somewhere.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    And to think Calgary wanted Anaheim over the Hawks. Calgary has got to find a decent goaltender somewhere.
    who the hell said that? i hope i didnt because everyone knows anaheim is our kryptonite

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone's talking about Elliot, but what about Johnny? I didn't see him much at all this series

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Needless to say tonight is a must win for the Capitals. I fully expect us to get blown out 5-1.
    Why do I get the feeling that if the Caps end up winning the Cup you're going to be one of those people who insisted they were confident in them all along?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    So 4 out of 6 players in the bracket challenge correctly picked Anaheim, but Jason G is the only one who predicted the sweep and gets the 3 bonus points. TheWinnerX is also in deep shit...

I was really hoping to develop a strong drinking habit for the summer. Thanks Flames for helping me live my dreams.

Hawks are my #2 team, and they need to stop fucking up. Thankfully Blues are my #3 lol.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    So 4 out of 6 players in the bracket challenge correctly picked Anaheim, but Jason G is the only one who predicted the sweep and gets the 3 bonus points. TheWinnerX is also in deep shit...
    Yeah but I also have CBJ upsetting Pens and Caps but with them starting 0-3 that's not going to happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    I was really hoping to develop a strong drinking habit for the summer. Thanks Flames for helping me live my dreams.

Hawks are my #2 team, and they need to stop fucking up. Thankfully Blues are my #3 lol.
    You'd be drinking more the longer they were in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    who the hell said that? i hope i didnt because everyone knows anaheim is our kryptonite
    Tradewind, post 28250. We were talking about Anaheim or Chicago, he/she said they were more than happy to leave us Chicago.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tradewind, post 28250. We were talking about Anaheim or Chicago, he/she said they were more than happy to leave us Chicago.
    Well I cant defend that haha but i woild have taken ANY other team than the Ducks. We cant beat them in their own rink let alone ours. Hindsight is always 20/20 but even when we outplay them we lost. Outside of game 1 I felt we were the better team. It was a lot closer of a series than the sweep would lead you to believe. Game 2 we lose on a really weird deflection, game 3 cough up a big lead on some truly fluky deflections and last night Elliot lets in a muffin 6m in and it deflated the dome / team. Battled back and the majority of the game was the Flames attacking but couldent buy a bounce.

15+ Year Old Account
    Henderson, the linesman Wideman cross checked last year, has sued Wideman for 10.25 million dollars.

I hope the ref wins the court case. Shame that they aren't trying to jail him.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2017-04-20 at 09:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I ain't a psychic!

I was expecting us to have Feb/March Elliott in net, not fuckin October Elliott.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Henderson, the linesman Wideman cross checked last year, has sued Wideman for 10.25 million dollars.

I hope the ref wins the court case. Shame that they aren't trying to jail him.
    I'm expecting majority of the blame to fall on Flames (for not taking him off even though he seemed to have a head injury) or NHL (for not taking head shots seriously in the first place). I'm sure the ref's lawyers are including more than just Wideman as targets for their case.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    I'm expecting majority of the blame to fall on Flames (for not taking him off even though he seemed to have a head injury) or NHL (for not taking head shots seriously in the first place). I'm sure the ref's lawyers are including more than just Wideman as targets for their case.
    .......what? The thing happened about 3 seconds after he suffered that supposed head injury. He was on his way to the bench when he hit the referee.

And for what I read it said Henderson is suing Wideman, not others.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    .......what? The thing happened about 3 seconds after he suffered that supposed head injury. He was on his way to the bench when he hit the referee.

And for what I read it said Henderson is suing Wideman, not others.
    He's definitely suing the Flames as well, not sure about the NHL but I imagine his lawyers are going after anyone who can take any blame and letting the Judge decide who is most at fault. I'm definitely not a lawyer, but this is how I would look at it if I were.

* League acknowledged Wideman was concussed at the time
    * Spotters wouldn't or couldn't pull Wideman off
    * Spotter told the club they felt Wideman was in distress
    * Wideman refused to leave the ice [he'll argue he wasn't in right mind set due to concussion IMO]
    * Flames/NHL should have still forced him off and either weren't taking concussions seriously or didn't allow spotters to do their job
    * More e-mails lately from NHL showing they don't take head hits seriously

He has plenty of room for a defense where he can blame other parties involved here (Flames, NHL) and the NHL dealing with the whole concussion controversy right now can seriously end up costing them here IMO. For both Wideman and the referee it would be in their best interest for Flames/NHL to be involved as parties in the suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b68St5DGjiY
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9vU_7dsodI
    http://www.vocativ.com/falsestart/41...uma-is-a-joke/

Also maybe I'm not remembering everything right here, but I felt like there was another bad hit to Wideman just before this one? Flames fans?
    Last edited by Greeney; 2017-04-21 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wideman got crushed before he did what he did.

It's a civil case. Henderson will no doubt win. Considering the League issued punishment and fault was already acknowledged. What will drag this on is the defending parties assigning percentage of blame. From what the Insiders know of Henderson. He is not in a good place at all. There is a really good chance he won't be able to go back to reffing. I am not sure how much Refs make. But he still had 20+ years ahead of him. That is a long time of future earnings missed.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    From what the Insiders know of Henderson. He is not in a good place at all. There is a really good chance he won't be able to go back to reffing. I am not sure how much Refs make. But he still had 20+ years ahead of him. That is a long time of future earnings missed.
    20+ years ahead of him? He is 49, turning 50 this September.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure how much Refs make.
    Top end is around 300k a year I think.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Wideman got crushed before he did what he did.

It's a civil case. Henderson will no doubt win. Considering the League issued punishment and fault was already acknowledged. What will drag this on is the defending parties assigning percentage of blame. From what the Insiders know of Henderson. He is not in a good place at all. There is a really good chance he won't be able to go back to reffing. I am not sure how much Refs make. But he still had 20+ years ahead of him. That is a long time of future earnings missed.
    In the second link I gave out Friedman mentions that the league had a big fight with him over his job performance and planning to let him go and it would likely be brought up by Wideman & Flames. I also believe there's only a maximum amount someone's allowed to ask for related to pain & suffering in Canada and I believe it's in the hundreds of thousands rather than the millions. I wouldn't be surprised if they settle out of court for closer to half of the asking amount.

Almost $27M coming off the books in the summer for the Flames, holy fuck lol. Most of it on pure dead weight. Wideman, Engelland, Stone, Smid, Bollig, Elliott, Johnson...all coming off the books.

Hopefully resign Engie and Stone for cheap, they're both coming off old long term big dollar contracts. Wideman is gone, Smid & Bollig haven't even played and with Elliott becoming a bit of a goat; that's a shit load of cap room for Treliving to work with come the offseason and only a few holes needing filled