Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I worked for FOX TV for 18 years+... not Fox News

I retired from Fox TV years ago. I did not work for Fox News.

Over those years I had seen many TV scandals, including at the station I worked at, and to some degree, the scandal was reported on locally, or even nationally. Isn't it funny that FOX NEWS web page has not a single word - as of this writing - about Bill O'Rielly being canned? Not as single word.

We had incidents with local FOX people, and they were always reported by us..... not like we spent a lot of time on them, but they at least got mentioned. But FOX NEWS / O'Rielly? Nada, zip, nothing.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

Do you have a copy of your last paystub to verify your identity?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Do you have a copy of your last paystub to verify your identity?
    Yeah, come find it...... I have a feeling you will enjoy that.
    I am not a Republican or a Democrat..... I just hate Trump with a passion. If he was on fire I wouldn't piss on him to put him out.

doubt any 1 cares garlic , humans have a lack of caring in this world and this will be forgotten within 5 mins or less.
    and why should people take an interested in it ?
    people in the news aren't special
    nobody is

Quote Originally Posted by Prothynyas View Post
    doubt any 1 cares garlic , humans have a lack of caring in this world and this will be forgotten within 5 mins or less.
    and why should people take an interested in it ?
    people in the news aren't special
    nobody is
    People care about the dumbass Kardashians and Jenners..... he's way more important than they are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I don't really find it surprising given that the number of incidents would reflect poorly on Fox.
    And yet, many other outlets do report their own scandals..... if you don't, it's like you are afraid to man up.

I never trusted Fox News because they were SO biased (yes I'm aware that conservatives think that other mainstream media sites are just as biased), but my last respect for them flew out the window when I noticed they had removed the presidential and senate approval poll numbers from the bottom of their web page when Trump took office.

I think Fox issued a statement on firing him. No reason to expect them to post it on the front page of their website as if it wasn't their shame.

I'm actually pretty ignorant when it comes to things that don't matter. Who is O'Rielly? I really don't know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    Isn't it funny that FOX NEWS web page has not a single word - as of this writing - about Bill O'Rielly being canned? Not as single word.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...legations.html

It was front page news yesterday....
    Last edited by mmoc472a5d728c; 2017-04-21 at 12:39 AM.

I'm actually pretty ignorant when it comes to things that don't matter. Who is O'Rielly? I really don't know.
    Ratings wise, his show was the top on cable news for 15 years. Can't really say he didn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I think Fox issued a statement on firing him. No reason to expect them to post it on the front page of their website as if it wasn't their shame.

Except that it is national news.... and other stations / news outlets have done it.

Except that it is national news.... and other stations / news outlets have done it.
    Oh, looks like they did post it on their front page.

I guess we're all good here then.

Over those years I had seen many TV scandals, including at the station I worked at, and to some degree, the scandal was reported on locally, or even nationally. Isn't it funny that FOX NEWS web page has not a single word - as of this writing - about Bill O'Rielly being canned? Not as single word.

We had incidents with local FOX people, and they were always reported by us..... not like we spent a lot of time on them, but they at least got mentioned. But FOX NEWS / O'Rielly? Nada, zip, nothing.
    Meh. It was an off air scandal, and there could also be legal concerns.

It's shameful it took this much bad press, in order for them to do the right thing. But, spending their own time bad mouthing themselves, while harming the ongoing contract settlement negotiations isn't something I personally fault them for not doing. It is their soap box, after all. /shrug

I'm not sure why we need multiple threads for this though.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-04-21 at 12:40 AM.

Honestly not sure what your point is here. Are you saying O'Reilly isn't fired, or are you saying FOX News is basically pretending he never existed?

Bill O'Reilly is a long-time name in right-wing media, a persistent and crafty bullshit merchant. He had a show on FOX News and a radio show, and wrote several books. He's been fired over sexual harrassment allegations; he's had similar allegations before that were paid off in settlements, but him getting fired is a pretty big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the most obnoxious "news" caster of all times. Famous for inviting people with a different opinion from his own on his show and then shouting over them or not giving them a chance to speak. Used to get into some nice battles with Jon Stewart. Hated by many rappers because he can't /doesn't make the distinction between what is said in a rap song and real life. Serial womanizer. General clown.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Hmmmm, OP said he was rich a few threads ago.....

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

I'm happy to hear that!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I don't know what you want from them op but it seems pretty normal for a company involved in a scandal to make a statement and then try to move on quickly.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

This is not true. Their web site had a report about it. And in large black letters. How do I know? It is my home page. :P

How do we know you worked for Fox?