Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    The last time they were described, they were said to have vast potential and people could feel it if in the same room, because they were the offshoot between an elf and a human magi, which is utterly ridiculous, these little shits need to burn.
    Maybe they will walk up to Rommath and ask for super duper blood elf magister magic and he can incinerate them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Saw no thread about this

First post so I'll use spoiler tags but please read the link before coming here and complaining about spoilers . . .
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/st...ry/dark-mirror

I like how they pretty much confirm that Nathanos x Sylvanas is the OTP Unrequited love in the shadow of undeath is fitting for them both. And the final sentence is so revealing; Nathanos seems to be able to feel regret now. It seems that the curse of undeath largely twists all emotions yet the ritual he underwent may have actually made him . . . more human?
    that's actually quite positive, the forsaken i think while serving a function as the evil race, do need a softer aspect to them, maybe they can carvew a new sub-race out of it.. like vampire diary series type - evil by nature, that actually progress to good over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Maybe they will walk up to Rommath and ask for super duper blood elf magister magic and he can incinerate them?
    Yeah right if they pop up again they will most likely be super magi and become part of the silver covenant or one of them joins the six who knows, these two are a prime example of utterly disgusting half breeds. Rexxar is bad enough, but at least he stayed in the same lineage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah right if they pop up again they will most likely be super magi and become part of the silver covenant or one of them joins the six who knows, these two are a prime example of utterly disgusting half breeds. Rexxar is bad enough, but at least he stayed in the same lineage.
    I could imagine Vereesa's hysterical reaction though. Or would she just look for another human mage to shack up with? So many possibilities.

Or maybe Christe Golden could be like "oh yea they died"
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    I could imagine Vereesa's hysterical reaction though. Or would she just look for another human mage to shack up with? So many possibilities.

Or maybe Christe Golden could be like "oh yea they died"
    I'd really like Vereesa making a fucked up decision like trusting a human, who turns out to despise the windrunners clan, due to sylvanas and kills them while she is away. Which shatters her world view and purpose.

Sylvanas gathers a lot of bad rep, there should be a few blood feuds out there already.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd really like Vereesa making a fucked up decision like trusting a human, who turns out to despise the windrunners clan, due to sylvanas and kills them while she is away. Which shatters her world view and purpose.

Sylvanas gathers a lot of bad rep, there should be a few blood feuds out there already.
    Its funny because if their roles were reveresd I'd probably take the Silvercovenant and the high elves seriously because they would have a leader who is actually experienced and knows what it means to suffer, Vereesa never did anything and still thought she was entitled to a veterans welcome into Quel'thalas. I could easily see some humans hating her.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    that's actually quite positive, the forsaken i think while serving a function as the evil race, do need a softer aspect to them.
    Well, let us not forget that this moment of softness was attained by literally pulverizing a member of the Argent Crusade.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you know, this is kinda like a darkened version of odyn's valarjar(i hate this word so much, it sounds so stupid the way blizz wants to be pronounced) process.

i now understand why sylvanas wanted eyir so badly. she definitely wanted to do this to the whole of the forsaken.
    I doubt a character like hers would ever do it for all of the undead under her command, but only the most loyal ones. The most loyal ones are her undead high elves. The undead high elves tend to be better preserved in their undeath than their human counterparts anyway and there are literally no undead humans Sylvanas trusts or has any affection towards, except for this one. A lot of refurbished undead humans would go against her very quickly because their emotions would resurface.

She would however be immortal in the proper undead sense of the word(an undead that died, but can not ever be definitely killed).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-04-21 at 12:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh Rhonin is a human archmage of significant power and Turalyon is a peerless Paladin. They are not really scruffy human underdogs. Only Nathanos seems to be one
    Quote Originally Posted by CthulhuFhtagn View Post
    only Turalyon stands out as a war hero
    "He was... was so noble - a ranger lord respected by all"

"Do you know how many ranger lords exist in this world? How many human ranger lords have ever existed?

Nathanos' accomplishments were unprecedented. He was a tactical genius, responsible for Alliance victories spanning a decade of conflict."

"It is a tragedy. I think... I believe that our kind is cursed, <name>. We are cursed to lose our greatest warriors; our most noble heroes; our most gifted scholars."

Not only the guy sounds nothing like an underdog but he was an acknowledged war hero as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

It was never confirmed which important Alliance skirmish he participated in though. It is one of those deus ex situational solutions when an inexisting character has to be made important, so they turn him into someone important overnight, despite nobody still knowing the source of that importance.

It is like bringing in a story about Garithos having this son who is extremely skilled, is a master strategist and very cunning. He starts to accompany Jaina and champions her cause of defeating the Horde.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-04-21 at 12:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    It was never confirmed which important Alliance skirmish he participated in though. It is one of those deus ex situational solutions when an inexisting character has to be made important, so they turn him into someone important overnight, despite nobody still knowing the source of that importance.

It is like bringing in a story about Garithos having this son who is extremely skilled, is a master strategist and very cunning. He starts to accompany Jaina and champions her cause of defeating the Horde.
    Even if that's the case (and yes, it is) it doesn't change a damn thing. Varian himself speaks very highly of this guy and the mere fact that he managed to become a ranger lord is more than enough to become material for history books, surely more than any hypothetical son of Garithos could ever realistically accomplish.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Even if that's the case (and yes, it is) it doesn't change a damn thing. Varian himself speaks very highly of this guy and the mere fact that he managed to become a ranger lord is more than enough to become material for history books, surely more than any hypothetical son of Garithos could ever realistically accomplish.
    That is the point; they can make that hypothetical son of Garithos be far more accomplished than Nathanos. They simply have to come up with it and they will if they want to.

Not saying Nathanos isn't a rounded up character at this point, but it feels like it is forced onto the story instead of being a genuine part of it. The deus ex moments in his story abound more than with any other character in recent history and they are a sign of writers not having a clear vision about a character; in an instant he becomes this massive former Alliance hero nobody ever spoke of(to justify his newfound importance), in an instant he was just "faking his death" whereas adventurers literally killed him(to justify his present existence), in an instant we find out there is this Val'kyr ritual which literally transfers tissue and mass, rejuvenating an undead(to justify his present appearance).
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-04-21 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But what if she was already pregnant when she died and she had an undead fetus in her womb all this time?! I can already see this retcon happening.
    Goddamnit. I never thought of something that is as stupid as that would be. And I wouldn't even put it past Blizzard's storytelling at this point. You just had to implant this into my consciousness, right? Now I have to live in constant fear of something like this actually happening.
    To be fair, the skewering she receives from leaping off the top of ICC probably solved that little issue.

=====

By the by, all y'all bemoaning the cliché "beautiful elf falls for gruff human", are you this racist in real life? Y'all seem so vehement about racial purity and anti-halfbreeds, it's worrying.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    By the by, all y'all bemoaning the cliché "beautiful elf falls for gruff human", are you this racist in real life? Y'all seem so vehement about racial purity and anti-halfbreeds, it's worrying.
    Why is it worrying? To each their own, really.

That is the point; they can make that hypothetical son of Garithos be far more accomplished than Nathanos. They simply have to come up with it and they will if they want to.

Not saying Nathanos isn't a rounded up character at this point, but it feels like it is forced onto the story instead of being a genuine part of it. The deus ex moments in his story abound more than with any other character in recent history and they are a sign of writers not having a clear vision about a character; in an instant he becomes this massive former Alliance hero nobody ever spoke of(to justify his newfound importance), in an instant he was just "faking his death" whereas adventurers literally killed him(to justify his present existence), in an instant we find out there is this Val'kyr ritual which literally transfers tissue and mass, rejuvenating an undead(to justify his present appearance).
    That's not really the point. The established background for the character has him being a recognized war veteran with respectable accomplishments under his belt. That makes him not a scruffy human underdog.

Doesn't mean it's good writing.

To be fair, the skewering she receives from leaping off the top of ICC probably solved that little issue.

=====

Probably has less to do with any real "racism" and more to do with the fact that it's an overused trope in the fantasy genre.

10+ Year Old Account

=====

Its like you can hate disgusting half elves and all the tropes that come with them and separate real life from fantasy or something.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    That's not really the point. The established background for the character has him being a recognized war veteran with respectable accomplishments under his belt. That makes him not a scruffy human underdog.
    We know about his established background. The point is how, when and over which period of time it was established. It was established in an instant.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-04-21 at 01:02 AM.

We know about his established background. The point is how, when and over which period of time it was established. It was established in an instant.
    Okay. I don't know what that has to do with the point being made. Are you questioning whether it occurred before or after the short story?

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Okay. I don't know what that has to do with the point being made. Are you questioning whether it occurred before or after the short story?
    I am refering to the fact that there is no character arc at play. You literally get a bomb dropped on your head about this master tactician and huge hero who contributed so much to the Alliance of Lordaeron, but was never previously mentioned or aknowledged by anyone.

The problem isn't that they literally spawned this piece of story arc out of thin air for purposes known only to them(he will surely play an important role in the future), but the fact that Blizzard has become prone to doing this.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2017-04-21 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yup, we hate all races apart our own and consider our respective races to be superior. Because of that we're constantly enganged in racial wars to decide which race is the best race.

- - - Updated - - -

I am refering to the fact that there is no character arc at play. You literally get a bomb dropped on your head about this master tactician and huge hero who contributed so much to the Alliance of Lordaeron, but was never previously mentioned or aknowledged by anyone.

The problem isn't that they literally spawned him out of thin air for purposes known only to them(he will surely play an important role in the future), but the fact that Blizzard has become prone to doing this.
    If anything Nathanos is just one of multiple cases from when WoW came to be. When even deliberate retcons occurred, soft revisionism like this is child play.

Half elves deserve nothing but scorn, considering the mess they usually bring to fantasy. Tolkien had half elves, but those were not some super special hybrid people, they simply got to choose, whom they wanted to be part of.

Rhonins spawn is a perfect example of a giant mess in the making, just because they are half elves.