Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    For people who think I am pro-Russian, I am not. I like things they do, and some things I dislike.

Essentially I am pro-a Slavic Federation... but that's a whole different story. Now, if Russia wants to create that, they are more than welcome to come knocking at my door.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It's the invasion that got them the referendum, so the invasion led to the annexation. Just. Like. Hitler.
    Nope, the referendum would happen without the troops. They simply guaranteed its safety.

Hitler's troops didn't guarantee the procedure of a referendum, ergo their troops didn't serve the same purpose, ergo the situation was different in principle!

Keep trying!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    For people who think I am pro-Russian, I am not. I like things they do, and some things I dislike.

Essentially I am pro-a Slavic Federation... but that's a whole different story. Now, if Russia wants to create that, they are more than welcome to come knocking at my door.
    You already had it, but then Milosevic wasted it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, the referendum would happen without the troops. They simply guaranteed its safety.

Hitler's troops didn't guarantee the procedure of a referendum, ergo their troops didn't serve the same purpose, ergo the situation was different in principle!

Keep trying!
    Russia invaded a country, and then miraculously annexed it. It's a shame that Russia hates freedom and sovereignty so much. Just. Like. Hitler.

And Russia invaded Crimea and Ukraine. Contrary to the bullshit line about their soldiers vacationing... nobody is buying it.
    Comrade please, friends and my tank vacation in Crimea every summer since Capitalist pigs cheat to win Olympics 1980 how you call it... eh, hockey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You already had it, but then Milosevic wasted it.
    Yugoslavia didn't succeed because nations still existed. A Slavic federation must erase all nationhoods like Polish, Bosnian, etc., and make a single Slavic ethnic name. I can't imagine the power we'd become.

- - - Updated - - -

Russia invaded a country, and then miraculously annexed it. It's a shame that Russia hates freedom and sovereignty so much. Just. Like. Hitler.
    A referendum isn't a miracle.

Keep trying!

Yugoslavia didn't succeed because nations still existed. A Slavic federation must erase all nationhoods like Polish, Bosnian, etc., and make a single Slavic ethnic name. I can't imagine the power we'd become.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep trying!
    But an invasion apparently is. Just. Like. Hitler.

Both Hitler and Russia tried to legitmize the annexation of land. Sad!

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Keep trying!
    I don't think you can convince them to leave the EU in order for that to happen. They're way to greedy for free western cash.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    Comrade please, friends and my tank vacation in Crimea every summer since Capitalist pigs cheat to win Olympics 1980 how you call it... eh, hockey.
    I imagine that is a pretty good imitation.

- - - Updated - - -

Keep trying!
    You need to all change to the same religion, from what I hear that is what made it fail last time.

No one annexed Kosovo though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by padie View Post
    You need to all change to the same religion, from what I hear that is what made it fail last time.
    I never really get why the Catholics and Orthodox dislike each other. Such wonderful cultural heritages both gave to Europe...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you can convince them to leave the EU in order for that to happen. They're way to greedy for free western cash.
    I think they will one day or another. A Slavic Federation would make us free and powerful like no other people. I really hope it happens.

This should be our army song

Deleted
    I think they will one day or another. A Slavic Federation would make us free and powerful like no other people. I really hope it happens.
    You don't have the economy to be as powerful as China or the EU.

Deleted
    You don't have the economy to be as powerful as China or the EU.
    China? lol

The EU is arguable, but over time I think we'd be as rich. A Slavic land would have over 300 million people, would have means to attract many investors and create an environment for people to prosper. Easy money. Most of the mess in Eastern Europe comes from communism, so over time it can only get better.

Deleted
    China? lol

The EU is arguable, but over time I think we'd be as rich. A Slavic land would have over 300 million people, would have means to attract many investors and create an environment for people to prosper. Easy money. Most of the mess in Eastern Europe comes from communism, so over time it can only get better.
    Yeah China, the country that is gonna surpass the US in less than a decade economically and militarily.

Deleted
    Yeah China, the country that is gonna surpass the US in less than a decade economically and militarily.
    In GDP per capita, it won't even come close.

Overall, arguable, but not per capita terms. East Asians aren't inventive enough to prosper as much as Europeans.

Deleted
    In GDP per capita, it won't even come close.

Overall, arguable, but not per capita terms. East Asians aren't inventive enough to prosper as much as Europeans.
    They don't need to invent when they can copy everything from others, lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    I know what you say. You are trying to say that none of you can ever meet my standards, therefore this renders the discussion futile.
    Once again, you're wrong
    I do think that people can meet your standards. I absolutely do. Hell, I have, easily, met your standards in a couple of examples. The problem is that people want to have a meaningful conversation and given the limitations you placed on the conversation they are going to have a hard time doing that. Often they are going to break the rules you put in place. Its takes effort to dumb down a conversation for the less intelligent. You can't expect strangers to automatically come down to your level Mirkzat. Come on dude, a little latitude here please. Maybe you could compromise and bring your level of communication up a couple degrees?

However, you can win if you come up with differences I don't have a better reply to. That is what you ought to do, but cannot. That is why essentially you all are great losers.
    How am I losing? I predicted, early on, how this thread would go and I have been, for the most part, spot on. You yourself, and you should be proud of this, have proven my expectation to be true on numerous occasions. Your seem to easily forget that post, so, to make it easy for you:
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    I have a feeling this thread will devolve into nothing more than "No no no, don't look at those differences. Now, tell me what differences there are!"

So, let me start: if you take away all the significant differences between the two situations, in principle both situations are exactly the same! *boom*
    That's me, winning I should have prefaced my claim to victory by saying: that doesn't mean you lost. So, don't go getting sensitive on me. It merely means two things:
    1. My prediction was correct.
    2. That in a conversation that removes the discussion of any significant differences, USA-Kosovo and Russia-Crimea are exactly the same! (Boring conversation of course, but, still, it fits your narrative and the level of discourse that you requested.)

Deleted
    They don't need to invent when they can copy everything from others, lol.
    Really, the reason why Europe is ahead of everyone and has been since our dawn of civilization has been that on average, IQ is highest here, and the IQ is spread in such a way that many are both toward then stupid and smart end (e.g. you find many over 115, but also many under 85). In East Asia, they are much more tight, so not many are either above or under their average (105), which means they don't have many stupid folks, but also not many who are that smart.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Once again, you're wrong
    I do think that people can meet your standards. I absolutely do. Hell, I have, easily, met your standards in a couple of examples. The problem is that people want to have a meaningful conversation and given the limitations you placed on the conversation they are going to have a hard time doing that. Often they are going to break the rules you put in place. Its takes effort to dumb down a conversation for the less intelligent. You can't expect strangers to automatically come down to your level Mirkzat. Come on dude, a little latitude here please. Maybe you could compromise and bring your level of communication up a couple degrees?

How am I losing? I predicted, early on, how this thread would go and I have been, for the most part, spot on. You yourself, and you should be proud of this, have proven my expectation to be true on numerous occasions. Your seem to easily forget that post, so, to make it easy for you:

That's me, winning I should have prefaced my claim to victory by saying: that doesn't mean you lost. So, don't go getting sensitive on me. It merely means two things:
    1. My prediction was correct.
    2. That in a conversation that removes the discussion of any significant differences, USA-Kosovo and Russia-Crimea are exactly the same! (Boring conversation of course, but, still, it fits your narrative and the level of discourse that you requested.)
    You are so desperate and delusional, the only thing you can bring to the table is a useless prophecy!

Try again!

Really, the reason why Europe is ahead of everyone and has been since our dawn of civilization has been that on average, IQ is highest here, and the IQ is spread in such a way that many are both toward then stupid and smart end (e.g. you find many over 115, but also many under 85). In East Asia, they are much more tight, so not many are either above or under their average (105), which means they don't have many stupid folks, but also not many who are that smart.
    Europe hasn't been ahead of everyone since the dawn of civilization...
    It became ahead because we took everything we could find.

That day came and passed. Your federation was sacrificed in the interest of Milosevic's political aspirations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.