Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Referring to it as only an island in the pacific as though it isn't even part of the country is the insulting part.
    eh... you should here the locals. too many would rather NOT be part of the country and can't get past how the islands were taken over.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Kinda weird that one state out of 50 can stop Trump from protecting the US borders
    Not weird when u know how our system works and how unconditional Trumps EO was. A federal judge in Hawaii has as much power/say as one in Ohio. All states are equal even if they are not attached to the mainland
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is a chain of islands in the Pacific. Him leaving out the chain part is the only thing he said which was wrong. Of course it is a State. But it is still a chain of islands.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the big island of the Hawaiian chain is named Hawaii? So you are correct.
    The statement he made is that the Judge is on an Island in the Pacific Ocean, and that island being Oahu.
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2017-04-21 at 03:33 AM.

Umm. What was that?
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-libya-attack/

That, which was a major talking point during the election. It was screamed non-fucking-stop until Romney lost as evidence that Obama was x/y/z.

Im sure the folks on Hawaii really and truly care what that haole thinks...
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not weird when u know how our system works and how unconditional Trumps EO was. A federal judge in Hawaii has as much power/say as one in Ohio. All states are equal even if they are not attached to the mainland
    This is true. Will be interesting however if this should make it to the Supreme Court. Which has the final say over any federal judge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The statement he made is that the Judge is on an Island in the Pacific Ocean.
    A judge who is on a island named Hawaii. Ok.

This is true. Will be interesting however if this should make it to the Supreme Court. Which has the final say over any federal judge.
    They do and its likely it won't since the other EO travel ban didn't as well. Even if it did its likely the ruling will stand.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...-libya-attack/

That, which was a major talking point during the election. It was screamed non-fucking-stop until Romney lost as evidence that Obama was x/y/z.
    Ahh, I remember that but your link said they still rated it a half truth...

..So while Obama did use the word "terror," there is also some truth to Romney's point that it took many days for the administration to fully characterize the attack as the work of a terrorist group. So we're still rating this Half True.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    They do and its likely it won't since the other EO travel ban didn't as well. Even if it did its likely the ruling will stand.
    Going to depend also I think if another Supreme Justice retires this summer. And when they review the case.

It's sad that people are upset about something Jeff Sessions said instead of a "judge", who is either completely incompetent or an Islamic Terrorist sympathizer, making one of the worst "rulings" they've ever made, that should result in the "judge" being impeached.

Quote Originally Posted by Healing Rain View Post
    It's sad that people are upset about something Jeff Sessions said instead of a "judge", who is either completely incompetent or an Islamic Terrorist sympathizer, making one of the worst "rulings" they've ever made, that should result in the "judge" being impeached.
    One of Trump's executive orders was aimed at restraining new regulations. It's no surprise the judges are therefore preventing any pointless, redundant and ineffective new executive orders from being implemented, so they can allow ones that actually make logical sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    He doesn't have to.
    I rather think that he does... particularly if you are saying that's what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    It's a poorly worded sentence but it makes sense. Kinda weird that one state out of 50 can stop Trump from protecting the US borders, especially a state that is outside of those borders. Correct me if I'm wrong but Hawaii doesnt really take refugees anyway right?
    They can only stop him temporarily; have no fear. There is no legal basis for what they have done, but the courts must pretend that they do, and let the system run it's course through the appeals process.

There was a time when they were not this shameful. It's sad that the modern legal definition of judicial politics, is one side that insists we read the laws as they were written, and the other side reads the laws as if they wish they written. I fear the day that Conservative judges do like Liberal ones do, and abandon originalism for activism. Judges putting their own politics above the letter of the written law, will only lead to further folly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I rather think that he does... particularly if you are saying that's what he said.
    Alright lets see if you take all statements completely on the literal definition when it comes from some Democrats.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    There factually is an island called Hawaii, and that is where their government sits. It's a ticky tack point but, just sayin....
    The state Capital, Honolulu, is on O'ahu...not Hawaii, just sayin'...
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    The state Capital, Honolulu, is on O'ahu...not Hawaii, just sayin'...
    I stand corrected.

So the guy from Alabama is talking shit?

I have a friend who spent a lot of time there and loves it. Myself, never been there or care to. I do not like warm weather, Any temps above 80 and it is too hot for me. Plus I like the changing seasons. Snow and all. Maybe it is my Scandinavian heritage. Being blue eyed and fair skin. I lived for 2 years in Florida and hated it.
    I invite you to move back to Sweden in that case, I'm sure the locals will welcome you to help correct their demographic issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The issue here isn't calling Hawaii an island in the Pacific, no matter how dismissive. The issue is that the Trump administration doesn't understand our system of checks and balances. Why is the Attorney General amazed that the judiciary has the power to check the Executive branch? Sounds like ol' Jeffy needs to retire.

- - - Updated - - -

Any evidence of this? Got a Supreme Court ruling or the like to point to? Just because he didn't live up to your racist ideals doesn't mean you can libel the judge.
    Because the challenge has no factual legal basis. The powers of the presidency are nearly limitless in this regard, like it or not. He could ban left handed red heads if he wants, or people with uni brows. It doesn't matter why, because the law is it what it is, and the powers are among some of the most sweeping of any found in our government.

The judges have every right to challenge it, but they will lose at the SCOTUS, and they will lose HARD. I look forward to the gloating over the 9-0 decision. It will be glorious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, this just means that Trump and Friends got shit all over by some little island in the Pacific. By their own logic, their administration is about as useful as child-sized hands on a president.
    "It is not wise to judge others based on your own preconceptions or by their appearances."

Tough shit, little jeffrey.