Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    People still think DHs are OP? haha ok.
    I don't think I would say OP but they are very strong. If one were to classify Fury as OP then I would draw their attention to DH as I feel DH is much more of a threat a the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearilla View Post
    I don't think I would say OP but they are very strong. If one were to classify Fury as OP then I would draw their attention to DH as I feel DH is much more of a threat a the moment.
    Wouldn't even go as far as saying they are good, among top 100 of the 3v3 ladder in EU, there are currently 4 DHs. It's more a learn to play issue on the other side.

But I do understand that most of the talk in this thread is about random BGs, and World PVP, where nothing really is balanced. And not talk among good PvPers that actually know how to handle burst windows etc. Which is all a DH does, 30 seconds of fame, then he can go and sit in a corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Wouldn't even go as far as saying they are good, among top 100 of the 3v3 ladder in EU, there are currently 4 DHs. It's more a learn to play issue on the other side.

But I do understand that most of the talk in this thread is about random BGs, and World PVP, where nothing really is balanced. And not talk among good PvPers that actually know how to handle burst windows etc. Which is all a DH does, 30 seconds of fame, then he can go and sit in a corner.
    Well that seems a little insulting

As stated before I don't know much about the class and need to play it in order to gain knowledge. I do feel that 1v1 facing a DH is not an easy task. A little knowledge may help but I am skeptical as to how much really. The burst window seems forever long for a DH. I am thinking maybe a boomy or frost mage would have the best chance in a 1v1 due to roots and being able to kite/fight from range. I know it is not balanced for 1v1 but I was stating this is the main class I have trouble with when I come across it.

DH feels OP because it does a crapton of damage and can appear near immortal with defensives up; Incidentally, most DPSers in a 1v1 just don't live long enough to kill DH when it's finally out of it's defensives. Kind of similar to a fury warrior, actually. And they have similar weaknesses -- easy to kite with roots or slows, and don't have many ways to regain health once their CDs are down.

are warriors still gods of pvp right now? i ask because children's week is coming up and i need to do some pvp related achievements. if this is true i need to grind my warrior to like 870+ so i can get the awesome buff and complete the school of hard knocks achievement.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    are warriors still gods of pvp right now? i ask because children's week is coming up and i need to do some pvp related achievements. if this is true i need to grind my warrior to like 870+ so i can get the awesome buff and complete the school of hard knocks achievement.
    Not really? Depends on what kind of PvP they're extremely good in 1v1s but against people who can communicate and keep a warrior from just sitting on targets they're pretty mediocre. Melee in general benefit from a lack of communication against whatever you're fighting. If you're in bgs you can usually roll a target and move to the next without interruption I can do the same as a DK, burst down a target with no one even trying to stop me move to the next and get the bonus to deathstrike.

So basically what I'm saying, if you're planning to do rated pvp they aren't "amazing" still good. If you're playing to do unorganized pvp go for it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Not really? Depends on what kind of PvP they're extremely good in 1v1s but against people who can communicate and keep a warrior from just sitting on targets they're pretty mediocre. Melee in general benefit from a lack of communication against whatever you're fighting. If you're in bgs you can usually roll a target and move to the next without interruption I can do the same as a DK, burst down a target with no one even trying to stop me move to the next and get the bonus to deathstrike.

So basically what I'm saying, if you're planning to do rated pvp they aren't "amazing" still good. If you're playing to do unorganized pvp go for it I guess.
    i'm just planning on doing some bgs, i need the achievement school of hard knocks and i have a 830 lvl 110 warrior with no legendaries or a havoc dh at 875 with 1 legendary i'm wondering which would be easier to get the achievement with?

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    i'm just planning on doing some bgs, i need the achievement school of hard knocks and i have a 830 lvl 110 warrior with no legendaries or a havoc dh at 875 with 1 legendary i'm wondering which would be easier to get the achievement with?
    Probably either, most of the requirements for that are objective based if I understand correctly. Neither should be too hard. I'd probably suggest the DH just because you're more geared and I assume you've played it more so you'd be more familiar. With a little bit of time you should be able to get them no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    Probably either, most of the requirements for that are objective based if I understand correctly. Neither should be too hard. I'd probably suggest the DH just because you're more geared and I assume you've played it more so you'd be more familiar. With a little bit of time you should be able to get them no problem.
    yea its just i'm really shitty at pvp so while my dh is super gear'd and has like 50+ traits and legendaries if warriors can faceroll people and move way faster maybe warrior would be better? i'm more concerned about capping flags in eye of the storm and returning a flag in warsong gulch.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberstrike View Post
    DH feels OP because it does a crapton of damage and can appear near immortal with defensives up; Incidentally, most DPSers in a 1v1 just don't live long enough to kill DH when it's finally out of it's defensives. Kind of similar to a fury warrior, actually. And they have similar weaknesses -- easy to kite with roots or slows, and don't have many ways to regain health once their CDs are down.
    So I don't play DH but this is the way it feels to me. DH burst is much longer than Fury. DH don't take xx% more dmg and have better self heals (Fury only has one big self heal if spec'd). DH seems just as mobile as war. Warriors do have disarm and spell reflect if spec'd in honor talents.

I will probably start leveling a DH this weekend to get a better feel/understanding of the class.

Deleted
    Agree but i think that it will be nerfed soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Igi View Post
    Warrior? That's a weird way to spell DH.
    I cant get enough of dumb people crying about DHs while defending warriors.

Warriors are broken as fuck right now. Try looking at some of the rank 1 players streams. They are all saying that warriors need nerfs.
    Even the warriors!

But hey.. nobody expects bad players on this forum to know what really is broken and what is not. Business as usual

Quote Originally Posted by Appelgren View Post

Warriors are broken as fuck right now. Try looking at some of the rank 1 players streams. They are all saying that warriors need nerfs.
    Even the warriors!

But hey.. nobody expects bad players on this forum to know what really is broken and what is not. Business as usual
    You are missing the point.

Warriors are broken, because good players take advantage of their toolkit and play up to their potential.

You can't deny that on an average level of players, who are less aware, who have worse reflexes, who have less binds, who play to chill out demon hunters are a lot better, because of that Metamorphosis god mode. Demon hunters might be weak outside of metamorphosis, but casual or lesser PVPers don't care.

Who's to say and judge that the good players are right, and the bad players and casuals are wrong? Whoever would claim they are right would be arrogant.

Even the warriors!

Ah, another "I'm teh best pvper evah" person who can't reach 1700 rating. You're talking to a high warlord here. Warrior can be countered if you learn what abilities they have. Now, i would like to see you survive against DH and 30 second Meta, not to mention they still heal from zero to full in a matter of seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    You are missing the point.

Warriors are broken, because good players take advantage of their toolkit and play up to their potential.

You can't deny that on an average level of players, who are less aware, who have worse reflexes, who have less binds, who play to chill out demon hunters are a lot better, because of that Metamorphosis god mode. Demon hunters might be weak outside of metamorphosis, but casual or lesser PVPers don't care.

Who's to say and judge that the good players are right, and the bad players and casuals are wrong? Whoever would claim they are right would be arrogant.
    Yeah agreed I don't really see them being that OP which I've stated before in this thread, most issues people are seeing are unorganized PvP woes or trying to solo and not knowing how to deal with them. Demon hunters are pretty darn good during Meta but you really just have to shut them down during Meta to stop them from doing much at all. Again it's really all about knowing what to do when.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Can you share the talent choices and strategies? Been meaning to do fury pvp.
    You know there are a series of talents that allow for an insane amount of healing. With comanding shout up and enraged regeneration you'll auto heal for .20*((.15*h)+h) plus furious charge equates to (((.20*((.15*h)+h)*3))).

Not including artifact traits it would mean that every charge would heal me for 60-70%~ of my health. And with double time I'm able to charge every 10 seconds.

With active mitigation I basically become unkillable and surprisingly enough my healing starts to reach my damage output.

Ah, another "I'm teh best pvper evah" person who can't reach 1700 rating. You're talking to a high warlord here. Warrior can be countered if you learn what abilities they have. Now, i would like to see you survive against DH and 30 second Meta, not to mention they still heal from zero to full in a matter of seconds.
    Nice arrogance there mate. I was not even mentioning my own rating. I was talking about venruki, cdew and bajeera.

3 people with multiple glads and rank 1 titles.

They are saying the exact same thing as I am in this thread. Go tell them they are wrong.

But hey. Ignorance is bliss i guess

Mr High Warlord, i would advise you play some arena, where actual skill /awareness comes to play, as the guy was referring to. I am not sure with what type of crap DHs do you pvp with, but no good DH has a 30 sec meta, its 15 sec for the good ones. And you can cc full 15 sec meta just as easy, and you dont need entire rbg team for that, I am able to cc full meta of EDH in my 2s team, and DH only heals if you let them dps, hence a l2play issue. Warriors atm in by far better position than DHs. And since you are pulling titles, i am Glad, as well as HW.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Even the warriors!

You are right mate, any logical person has to do is look @ the ladders to see that Wars atm in far better position than DHs, most ppl here only do casual pvp (1v1) where ofc Dh are better than Wars, but when it comes to rated 3s, only a nub would argue that Dh is more Op than Wars in RATED 3s.

In casual PvP DHs are better of cuz its 1v1, but thats entirely different animal. Hence ppl must always specify which part of pvp do they refer, like OP did in his 1st post
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2017-04-24 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snegovik View Post
    You are right mate, any logical person has to do is look @ the ladders to see that Wars atm in far better position than DHs, most ppl here only do casual pvp (1v1) where ofc Dh are better than Wars, but when it comes to rated 3s, only a nub would argue that Dh is more Op than Wars in RATED 3s.

In casual PvP DHs are better of cuz its 1v1, but thats entirely different animal. Hence ppl must always specify which part of pvp do they refer, like OP did in his 1st post
    I would like to point out that even rated 3s can be "casual".

If a warrior to achieve greatness needs to press 15-20 binds and a demon hunter can faceroll up to 1600-1700 with let's say 7 or 8 binds, then the chilled warrior who also uses 8 binds, and occasionally the remaining 10-12, is gonna have trouble against demon hunters.

To clarify further a 20 bind warrior is better than a 20 bind demon hunter, however a 8 bind demon hunter is better than a 8 bind warrior.

I hope that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeshak View Post
    I would like to point out that even rated 3s can be "casual".

If a warrior to achieve greatness needs to press 15-20 binds and a demon hunter can faceroll up to 1600-1700 with let's say 7 or 8 binds, then the chilled warrior who also uses 8 binds, and occasionally the remaining 10-12, is gonna have trouble against demon hunters.

To clarify further a 20 bind warrior is better than a 20 bind demon hunter, however a 8 bind demon hunter is better than a 8 bind warrior.

I hope that makes sense.
    Well yes each person has his her definition of casual PvP, to me it's none rated.

Yes a Great war takes more skill in my opinion than a great dh (I plaid both in the past ) can't argue here ), but I was saying 3v3 rated wise and even 2v2 arms (not fury) is in the better spot than DHs, comp chemistry wise and toolkit wise. While DHs better in skirmish, wpvp and random BGs with RBGs. Both classes are good in their own section of PvP, but since I arena mostly, to my biased opinion wars are in better spot. If I did RBGs only id say DHs are better.