Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lets be honest.. The problem isn't that it's a melee spec.. it's that they took out the fun hunter spec for it and gave us 2 specs that are no fun to play..
    Heroes get remembered.... but legends never die!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevan021 View Post
    EDIT: I see some in the comments wanna replace melee survival with a ranged spec. Melee survival is a spec of it's own right now, I get people who ask for a third ranged spec but why do you want to delete a melee spec SOME enjoy? You don't lose anything if you don't play it

Original post:

Based on this post about patch 7.2.5:

They don't seem to wanna really allot any more development time to the spec and make any substantial changes. And if you think being on this list means a spec is getting something drastic like a complete rework, check the patch notes- most of these specs have received changes but nothing incredible aside from maybe sub rogues who had a ton of stuff changed.

I get that a lot of people like this spec the way it is but surely some quality of life changes are in order, not just a simple numbers tuning.
    I love the idea of a melee spec, but the way Survival plays it's just annoying. I'd rather they make changes to it instead of deleting it. I wish it was more like Zul'jin play in Heroes of the Storm. Throw axes and glaives.

EDIT: I see some in the comments wanna replace melee survival with a ranged spec. Melee survival is a spec of it's own right now, I get people who ask for a third ranged spec but why do you want to delete a melee spec SOME enjoy? You don't lose anything if you don't play it

Original post:

Based on this post about patch 7.2.5:

They don't seem to wanna really allot any more development time to the spec and make any substantial changes. And if you think being on this list means a spec is getting something drastic like a complete rework, check the patch notes- most of these specs have received changes but nothing incredible aside from maybe sub rogues who had a ton of stuff changed.

I get that a lot of people like this spec the way it is but surely some quality of life changes are in order, not just a simple numbers tuning.
    Dude we've only seen 2 sets of patch notes calm down lmao. There's still 2-3 months more to this ptr bare minimum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your thread title isn't helping your case and your premise is ignoring reality. You'll notice that Disc isn't listed in that post you quoted, yet Disc is getting a number of significant changes. Apparently you didn't bother reading the words.
    We’re likely to end up making adjustments for many specs to some degree, but we’re currently looking primarily at: ...
    If you're going to quote a post you should at least read it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

This would be valid if Survival didn't exist before legion, but it didn't. Blizzard has already set the precedent of removing/deleting a spec being okay regardless of people enjoying it by making Survival a melee spec in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aikanaro View Post
    Lets be honest.. The problem isn't that it's a melee spec.. it's that they took out the fun hunter spec for it and gave us 2 specs that are no fun to play..
    This guy gets it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope they leave Survival as melee specc, I started a hunter this expac only because of the freedom to when I want to play melee or range I just change the specc and not the entire class.

Deleted
    just delete melee survival already

reminds me of gladiator. don't expect it to last.

Funny fact. Survival was originally melee. Back in vanilla/bc. It became ranged i believe when cata came out (or a little before that.) Im sure you can find some old patch 1.x talent trees somewhere on the net to see that.

Sorry but how does the title connect to your BS post? You created a doomsday title, making me think that Blizz has stated that they aren't pleased with Survival and might remove it altogether next expansion, when when I check the actual post, all I see is a blue post about blizz looking into changing some other speccs, completely irrelevant to Survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    Funny fact. Survival was originally melee. Back in vanilla/bc. It became ranged i believe when cata came out (or a little before that.) Im sure you can find some old patch 1.x talent trees somewhere on the net to see that.
    While you could do some melee attacks with Hunter back in the day. Survival was always a ranged spec even before Cata. I should know since I played survival before Cata and was at range when I did it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    Don't take Way of the Mok'nathal. Quality of life issues 90% solved.

(The other 10% are pretty minor nitpicks like Frizzo's Fingertrap using the Carve area of effect for application of Lacerate, even when using Butchery, mastery tuning currently relying on the Nighthold 2-pc, or the L100 talent tier having terrible balance.)
    Personally I have a problem with Survival over the fact that they have LESS m+ utility than the ranged specs, and minor things like Fury of the Eagle not having an icon for damage text addons.

Quote Originally Posted by Killadrix View Post
    just stopping in to say that your overdramatic, whiny ass, hyberbolical shit title makes it hard to take you seriously, and as a result, I hope you don't get the changes for which you are looking.
    I would say that English is the OPs problem. OP is trying to say that the spec will be reverted next expac, but lack of English skills means it sounds more severe than it is. But whatever. Fly of the handle and be abusive. That is another way to take it. Over reacting and looking like a moron is a completely valid way to react to someone else's view.

USA. USA. USA. USA. USA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Ariktu View Post
    While you could do some melee attacks with Hunter back in the day. Survival was always a ranged spec even before Cata. I should know since I played survival before Cata and was at range when I did it.
    Before Cata =/= Vanilla. The final talent VERY early on was Lacerate, after that the spec was a hybrid between melee and range for the rest of pre-BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariktu View Post
    You could do a little of both. Survival was primarially a pvp used spec. It had talents for boosting rapter strike and mongoose strike as well as wing clip. The other 2 specs where solely ranged but survival had things to help you if the situation demanded. However it did not excel in either department. I remember useing it at that time, but outside of pvp (untill it fully became ranged) it had few applications.

Quote Originally Posted by Dismembered View Post
    I hope they leave Survival as melee specc, I started a hunter this expac only because of the freedom to when I want to play melee or range I just change the specc and not the entire class.
    Exactly this, Survival has issues - being melee is only one of them to autistic people who can't handle change.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimad View Post
    tbh barely anyone including blizz knew what they were doing in vanilla times. SV was pure ranged a lot longer than it was hybrid melee dumpster spec.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    I personally like the concept of Survival being melee (I like the pet-melee style) but it could definitely use some tweaks (especially the issues with getting traps/caltrops to trigger on certain encounters). I also prefer the aesthetics of Survival over Unholy DK (which I main). I did play Survival a bit before it went melee and enjoyed it then too so I can get why people may want that back though.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    tbh barely anyone including blizz knew what they were doing in vanilla times. SV was pure ranged a lot longer than it was hybrid melee dumpster spec.
    That is true. But the game was different then. Correct me if im wrong, i didnt do a lot of raiding in vanilla but i dont think there where such tight enrage timers and mechanics being more forgiving than they are now. People trying to push the preformance of thier class/spec wasnt as prevailant then as it is now. I know people can point to AQ40 and nax but before that, mc and bwl from what i hear from guildees who raided those at content was a vastly different type to todays fasterpaced raids. But as i said i personally did not raid untill bc.