Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It is a LITTLE bit cheeky making the quest cards, which are core components of several popular (if not necessarily long term viable) strategies legendary, I will say that. They gave us a free golden Volcanosaur, why not at least one of the quests?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Yes, and even some basic maths shows 8 packs doesn't cover the increased amount people are paying due to the HoF + standard rotation. It may be an unpopular opinion, but having rares that weren't really considered OP like azure drake or legendaries like ragnaros that you could easily slot in any deck massively reduced deck costs in the long term.
    I don't think these two things are comparable. For one thing, the standard rotation would've happened regardless of the expansion. They are not the same thing, so it's not fair to say Ungoro is expensive because of the rotation. Secondly, you didn't lose anything. Ragnaros, azure drake, and everything else that rotated out of standard are still playable. Just not in standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Quests should not have been legendary rarity, they should've made a different system so that you only had 1.
    I don't have a problem with them being legendary. Considering how many decks have been rising and how few quests are considered competitive and viable, it's a nonissue. My problem with quests is that they are completely bonkers. I'm not even talking about balance, just how flawed their designs is. The warrior quest is particularly ironic, considering they removed ragnaros but then gave warriors an 8 random damage as hero power. It's like the someone wrote an internal memo saying "with the class quest cards, just go crazy people! we want insane stuff!"

Some moderation and intelligent thought and I think the quests could have been much more enjoyable. That seems to be the MO in HS these days, instead of clever and interesting mechanics the motto is to build something wacky and crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It is a LITTLE bit cheeky making the quest cards, which are core components of several popular (if not necessarily long term viable) strategies legendary, I will say that. They gave us a free golden Volcanosaur, why not at least one of the quests?
    Which quest do you reckon they should have given us?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    Like you said, Un'Goro isn't arbitrarily more expensive, it just has more useful cards than the fillers that other expansions had.
    Is that not a good thing though? I've seen way too many people in the past complain that the game has too many useless cards, but now that there more useful cards in this expansion they go to the other end to gripe that it's too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannyl View Post
    Easy, give us a quest quest. Play X consecutive games with one class to unlock that quest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Easy, give us a quest quest. Play X consecutive games with one class to unlock that quest.
    Not really what I asked.

Not really what I asked.
    My suggestion is you get to pick one. I'm not suggesting one quest for each quest. That's a one-off like the Maiev one.

I'm confused on how its so expensive? Most of the top decks only require 1-2 legendaries, if any. Most quests aren't worth crafting. There isn't a must have OP deck like patron warrior. I spent $100, got 3 legendaries (only one of which was useful) and was still able to craft 4 viable decks right off the bat. OTK priest and midrange Hunter carry me fine on my F2P account. The amount of variety in this xpac makes it really easy to craft a deck that will do fine on the ladder. Am I missing something bc it seems like people are bitching on all forums about it?

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    My suggestion is you get to pick one. I'm not suggesting one quest for each quest. That's a one-off like the Maiev one.
    No, your original idea of them giving us all quests if we worked on those classes was much better. I like it a lot, actually.

Yeah, even better would be if the game cost nothing and I just got all the cards day one, but realistically that can't happen. Similarly, you're not going to just be given all archetype-defining class cards for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Yeah, even better would be if the game cost nothing and I just got all the cards day one, but realistically that can't happen. Similarly, you're not going to just be given all archetype-defining class cards for nothing.
    I think the quests are a little special in that they dictate the entire deck. The only thing that ever compared to that before was C'Thun, where you really should put C'Thun buffers in your deck if you're playing C'Thun, and they gave to everyone C'Thun for free.

Every other playstyle that Blizzard even hinted at (Reno decks, Dragon priests, etc.) really let the players choose which cards to include. The quest decks pretty much don't give you an option, you know exactly which cards have to go into quest decks.

As such, I think quests are a decktype that Blizzard pushes as acceptable that they cookie-cut for the players to use. So it wouldn't be unreasonable, since they said these decks are what they envision to "work", to have Blizzard give players the one quest card for each class. (As opposed to previous expansions where they just put in certain synergies (Brann, N'Zoth, dragons) or strong individual cards.)

Yes, it actually would be completely unreasonable for Blizzard to give you every quest. Getting one legendary for free doesn't mean it's reasonable to get 9 legendaries for free. The reason you got C'Thun for free was so all the parasitic C'Thun cards that would just be vanillas without it wouldn't severely depress you. That isn't true for any of the quests - in fact many of the new cards go better in non-quest builds than they do quest builds.

We've also already established the only reason you don't make new decks is because you don't want to, not because they're too expensive to make. There is no problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Yes, it actually would be completely unreasonable for Blizzard to give you every quest. Getting one legendary for free doesn't mean it's reasonable to get 9 legendaries for free. The reason you got C'Thun for free was so all the parasitic C'Thun cards that would just be vanillas without it wouldn't severely depress you. That isn't true for any of the quests - in fact many of the new cards go better in non-quest builds than they do quest builds.

We've also already established the only reason you don't make new decks is because you don't want to, not because they're too expensive to make. There is no problem here.
    Woah woah this isn't about me. I got two quests, and while Druid quest wasn't as good as Rogue quest, I'm happy with the Warrior quest I got.

I guess we disagree because I don't really see quests as Legendary cards in the usual sense, and the fact that every single class has their own.

You can just craft the Rogue Quest and do fine. Warr and Mage quests would be nice as well. Those are the only ones you REALLY need.

Rogue legendary plant is cool, Priest is good and Lock legendary is decent.

Primordial Glyphs are pretty awesome as well.

Is that not a good thing though? I've seen way too many people in the past complain that the game has too many useless cards, but now that there more useful cards in this expansion they go to the other end to gripe that it's too expensive.
    I think it is a good thing that the set has more viable cards and less filler, but the problem is that the HS community is such a cesspool of crying right now. As you already mentioned, when Blizz had sets with more filler players complained for them to release more viable cards that will actually see play. When Blizz did do that? Players whined that Un'Goro offered the illusion that the game had become more expensive when in all actuality the overall quality of the cards simply increased, resulting in spending habits of players increasing (particularly in regards to crafting amounts). Players want more of the cards in the set because more of the cards are decent.

So, unfortuneately for Blizzard's increase in performance for releasing a set with better cards they get to deal with QQing players claiming that Blizzard, more or less, made a better set of cards because they are 'greedy' and demand people spend their money to get said cards. Another way to describe the topic of this thread could be phrased like this, "Blizzard should keep releasing sets with almost no filler cards, but only make cards in common & rare quality because screw having to spend dust on cards, I should easily get all of the cards I want in the first 1-2 months of the expansion."

Quote Originally Posted by Pantalaimon View Post
    I think it is a good thing that the set has more viable cards and less filler, but the problem is that the HS community is such a cesspool of crying right now. As you already mentioned, when Blizz had sets with more filler players complained for them to release more viable cards that will actually see play. When Blizz did do that? Players whined that Un'Goro offered the illusion that the game had become more expensive when in all actuality the overall quality of the cards simply increased, resulting in spending habits of players increasing (particularly in regards to crafting amounts). Players want more of the cards in the set because more of the cards are decent.

So, unfortuneately for Blizzard's increase in performance for releasing a set with better cards they get to deal with QQing players claiming that Blizzard, more or less, made a better set of cards because they are 'greedy' and demand people spend their money to get said cards. Another way to describe the topic of this thread could be phrased like this, "Blizzard should keep releasing sets with almost no filler cards, but only make cards in common & rare quality because screw having to spend dust on cards, I should easily get all of the cards I want in the first 1-2 months of the expansion."
    For the record, I love the cards Blizzard printed. None of them feel like filler and there are a lot of new interesting mechanics. (Not adapt, I'm talking about the 1/5 that gets +2 attack on opponent turns.)

It's just that Blizzard created very unique playstyles for every single class and it costs a lot to try them.

Good question, maybe Druid?

Warrior if you want to make Aggro's life hell :P

Deleted
    Good question, maybe Druid?
    Maybe? You're not sure?

Warrior if you want to make Aggro's life hell :P
    What if someone wants something else?

Maybe? You're not sure?

What if someone wants something else?
    It was just an idea, not a manifesto. Sheesh.

I'm sure that no matter what they do someone will complain. But I think one middling quest wouldn't be too much to ask.

I wouldn't want it to be Rogue, because let's not encourage that more than it already is.

Deleted
    Bought 60 packs got 1 legendary.
    O well.

Deleted
    This expansion has got cheaper in real terms now the meta has settled. Most quests are not competitive. Most old legendaries are dominant. For example - all Pala legendaries are really useful at the moment as well as Alexstrasza.

There are some notables though - Lyra is almost a pre-requisite for a priest deck it seems. Whilst Sherazin is a shoo-in for miracle rogue for how good it is in drawn out games.

I think its not expensive - most of legs are crap. SO you always can play a hunter and warlock which are always cheap
    Last edited by crazylandd; 2017-05-01 at 02:36 PM.
    want to build your own PC? - TheComputerFinder - dont spend more than you need!