View Poll Results: Should Blizz Update/Revamp zones and quests again?

Voters
181. This poll is closed
  • Yes - The content is outdated

97 53.59%
  • No - The content is fine

46 25.41%
  • Other (Yes) - Explained in the thread

7 3.87%
  • Other (No) - Explained in the thread

9 4.97%
  • Other (Maybe) - Explained in the thread

5 2.76%
  • I don't care and am not sure why I am here

17 9.39%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What would be cool is a update expac but have it start like all is good and right. We killed the legion and the world is ok. Make the first tier some kind of contest nothing big and the wham bad guys

1- Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdom zones are graphically so outdated, bringing a friend to this game is a f*ck*ng challenge, so big graphic and structure update needed.
    2- Compared to recent zones, old ones feel really empty and often feel distant from some horde or alliance factions. Huge need to boost up race identity.
    3- You have to level up to 100 which is crazy long for a new player and boost don't serve well that purpose, they should probably reduce level cap to 40 or 60.
    4- Of course they should use their new tech to make zone leveling easier with flex level caps. Something along those lines : if level max is 120 then first set of zones go from 1 to 30 and second set of zones from 30 to 70, third zones 70 to 110 and relevant content to previous expansions max level players should then be from 110 to 120.
    5- The story has grown so much, no new player can follow the track of what's going on. As questing inside the horde, your Warchief changes all the time, from Saurfang to Garrosh to Vol'jin to Saurfang/Sylvanas then back to Garrosh.
    6- Leveling could only include reforged zones of Kalimdor/Eastern Kingdoms, and some of them could be made for level max content. That way everyone is on the same continent and it feels more cohesive. Keep out Outland, Norfendre, Pandaria, Draenor and Broken Isles outside of leveling so that it is less painful to recreate lore-compliant quests inside Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. And those zones could be put as additional content and optional for leveling, they shouldn't feel like the main path to reach max level.
    7- Keep outdated version of Kalimdor and Eastern kingdoms accessible through a bronze dragon flight npc that can switch you from one version of the world to another.

Anyway I really feel like developing new intrigues in old Azeroth continents, reducing max level cap, making everything shiny could do wonders for this game, its story and even give it a new breath.

And just for the fun of it : Focus more on how Khadgar is an A-whole, bugs me that we are still following a guy that randomly asks us to kill people, let it be ogres in Highmaul or citizen in Dalaran

Deleted
    Blizzard only has so much time and manpower to invest in WoW. I'd rather they spend all of that time and manpower in building the road forward rather than improving the road behind us.

If anything... maybe at some point Blizzard needs to stop forcing new players through the massive amounts of old content... Because i understand that for the rare new player creating his level 1 character then going "okay, so what level do i need to get to to reach endgame? 40? 50?" it's inexplicable to tell them ... it's 100+.

Maybe at some point... just have a level squish and have new players / alts start as a level 1 in MoP or something... I'm definitely not talking about cutting the old content from the game entirely, that would be a horrible idea, just ... set the default for new characters to start in a later expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc89e4f4f7a6; 2017-04-21 at 08:18 AM.

What we need - is anti-Cataclysm. I.e. Cataclysm - counters whole idea of content update. What was wrong with old Azeroth? It was "frozen" in some state for ages. But in Cataclysm Blizzard made exactly the same mistake - Azeroth is frozen in some "temporary" state forever - like Cataclysm was just yesterday. We need to finally clean this crap out.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    What we need - is anti-Cataclysm. I.e. Cataclysm - counters whole idea of content update. What was wrong with old Azeroth? It was "frozen" in some state for ages. But in Cataclysm Blizzard made exactly the same mistake - Azeroth is frozen in some "temporary" state forever - like Cataclysm was just yesterday. We need to finally clean this crap out.
    Old Azeroth wouldn't survive the expectations of current gamers, who want a linear path of progression to the max level. Having to search for quests and ping-ponging from Kalimdor to EK and back would confuse and repel them.

It had it's time of glory, but it was outdated. And it was pain for leveling alts (I remember being forced to use ADDONS to level up my alts in reasonable time, guiding me which quests to take and when to switch zones - some parts required grinding mobs to level up).

Now we have "current" EK+Kalimdor, archaic Outlands, lost in time Northrend and standalone Pandaria. The world NEEDS fixing, even just due to that warchief paradoxes that were mentioned on previous page.

New "Cataclysm" would prepare grounds for level scaling and world quests, but most of all it would fix this mess of expansion timelines.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dgomespt View Post
    100% this!
    Bugs me so much that I can't even finish up a zone without my level being too high for the quests or the mobs. It obliges me to not wear heirlooms if I really want to finish the zone while leveling. Otherwise it easily gets outleveled with heirlooms (or dungeons for that matter).
    One consequence of applying scaling however is that with the current leveling speed using heirlooms, you'd probably only complete a few zones before you hit max level by doing this. If they really want people to experience the story of the zones they'll need to go back to the xp rate we had in early wrath... which then creates somewhat of a paradox, because you'll be completing zones at a rate in which scaling is pointless, however it does still give you the option to do whatever zones you want, and cut down on annoying travels.
    Last edited by Sinew; 2017-04-21 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    Nah. Leveling has been changed into short boring grind. No need to waste resources on it - today's WoW is not MMORPG it used to be, is all about max level.
    Sad but very true.

Deleted
    Yes, the whole game needs a soft-reset kind of thing. Blizzard should squish both characters level and ilvl while remaking old world, finally fixing the leveling progression system and giving max level players a new scaling method.

Levelling is a mess chonologically wise, the events don't make sense and certain characters and faction leaders comes back and forth, switch position, die then resurrect and so on. Remaking the world starting from the defeat of the legion would make much more sense, and could also open up some much needed political storylines about regions control between the factions.

They should also remake the world with "timeless" storylines in the various regions: quest chains with basic lore about the place and past events that occured there so that they stay relevant and appropiate for many years, while giving new/leveling players informations about both old and new lore.

Murloc expansion.
    Murloc raid.
    New race: Murloc.
    New class: Mrglglglgglgl!
    New continent: Mrgland.

It's happening. You are clearly not prepared.

Edit:
    I agree with the talks about another squish. Anybody else think it's funny how high numbers are *already*? The stat squish was NOT that long ago, and at the time it took place because, apparently, it was DRASTICALLY needed. We're way, way past the point we were at then. At this rate, what will be our average HP next expansion? 10, 50, or 100 million?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I don't know if they should redo old quests, but they could look into expanding the scaling tech to lower level zones. With how fast leveling is now, you don't really finish a zone before the quests go green or gray.
    Leveling is a chore if you've done it more than once/twice. Having said that, any player would prefer convenience, decking their new alts with heirlooms. The best way to level 1-60 is to do dungeons only. From 60 to 90 you run each dungeon once and quest in the downtime.
    The scaling tech wouldn't do any good, because very few (if any) would try it out with characters of adequate level ranges. I for one would just drag my 900+ ilvl main and destroy everything if new quests were implemented in the old world. Not to mention, if dungeon were left untouched, they would still be the fastest way to level. And if they tried to scale them too, I already imagine tons and tons of alts running stockades from 15 to 60, AoE after AoE.

OP: I'd like to see some old world quests revamping, but I'm really afraid that would take too many resources, and make us end up with another lackluster expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Leveling is a chore if you've done it more than once/twice. Having said that, any player would prefer convenience, decking their new alts with heirlooms. The best way to level 1-60 is to do dungeons only. From 60 to 90 you run each dungeon once and quest in the downtime.
    The scaling tech wouldn't do any good, because very few (if any) would try it out with characters of adequate level ranges. I for one would just drag my 900+ ilvl main and destroy everything if new quests were implemented in the old world. Not to mention, if dungeon were left untouched, they would still be the fastest way to level. And if they tried to scale them too, I already imagine tons and tons of alts running stockades from 15 to 60, AoE after AoE.

OP: I'd like to see some old world quests revamping, but I'm really afraid that would take too many resources, and make us end up with another lackluster expansion.
    Well, they were bragging how their current team is the biggest one ever on WoW, so maybe this time they wouldn't screw up endgame that badly.

Looking for a working online signature generator .....

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by dgomespt View Post
    100% this!
    Bugs me so much that I can't even finish up a zone without my level being too high for the quests or the mobs. It obliges me to not wear heirlooms if I really want to finish the zone while leveling. Otherwise it easily gets outleveled with heirlooms (or dungeons for that matter).
    Even without heirlooms, you will overlevel the zones easily before finishing all the quests ... they'll all go green if not gray in some cases. Also, there is little fun/challenge in leveling now ... outside of a few places, it's not that hard.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    Yes, the whole game needs a soft-reset kind of thing.
    That would be awesome. Maybe let Legion win? We visit Argus, get our asses kicked and proper invasion starts that kills us all. Then next expansion we start over from level 1 many years in future, trying to fight Legion as adventurers, not gods, the way MMORPG is meant to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    IF they want to do more than just cleaning then keeping the zones like with the old blasted land and zidormi is the only possible option to prevent the catastrophic events of cataclysm

a lot of players miss the old world to this day because of very poor thought of design process

if they don't do that our time does not even deserve to be spent on that discussion

that said while I agree the cata world is interesting, but if you compare it to what we lost (the old world, and more cataclysm related content) that was terrible

so, do you really want ANOTHER old world update and have less next expansion content ?

Quote Originally Posted by Binki View Post
    That would be awesome. Maybe let Legion win? We visit Argus, get our asses kicked and proper invasion starts that kills us all. Then next expansion we start over from level 1 many years in future, trying to fight Legion as adventurers, not gods, the way MMORPG is meant to be.
    some people might be missing the point of what a video game is meant to be, and its preservation. you don't destroy old monuments to build current era buildings on top. you don't add content to a video game without preserving past work.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2017-04-21 at 10:46 AM.

I only wish for fix of tbc stuff, and I would love to see what is behind Stratholme. Updated Silvermoon without demon crystals and Kael'thas figures would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Cataclysm made the old world worse. Sure, there were things that could have been cleaned up, but the fact is you could level faster doing red and orange quests, and those no longer exist.

I'd like them to Legionise all content before the current expansion pack, so I can level from 1-100 anywhere. I'd like to be able to complete a zone's story before the quests go grey. I'd like a Diablo-esque difficulty setting so I can earn more XP at the expense of increasing mob power. I'd like to queue for a dungeon at any level and get literally anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rad586 View Post
    Well, they were bragging how their current team is the biggest one ever on WoW, so maybe this time they wouldn't screw up endgame that badly.
    Still, I'd like them to try only if they're totally sure they can succeed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mostly just wanted them to change some of the zones to be less shit as they are now. Also bring back barrens chat by making it one whole zone again

The content is slightly outdated, but I don't think they should ever spend that many resources on revamping the whole world at once, otherwise the rest of that expansion will be delayed and underdeveloped.

What they could do is use sharding, scaling and world quests as tools to create new content in old zones, updating the low-level content while they're there.

If they make a new dungeon in, say, the Badlands, they can polish and update the zone. The patch after that, they do the same somewhere else. Creating an ever-growing pool of world quests that can appear anywhere in the world is, in my opinion, one of the best things they can do to the game, as they offer short, dynamic, improved versions of outdated concepts such as dailies, world bosses or PvP zones.

There's no need for the whole world to be updated at once, they can do it throughout several expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    The content is slightly outdated, but I don't think they should ever spend that many resources on revamping the whole world at once, otherwise the rest of that expansion will be delayed and underdeveloped.

What they could do is use sharding, scaling and world quests as tools to create new content in old zones, updating the low-level content while they're there.

If they make a new dungeon in, say, the Badlands, they can polish and update the zone. The patch after that, they do the same somewhere else. Creating an ever-growing pool of world quests that can appear anywhere in the world is, in my opinion, one of the best things they can do to the game, as they offer short, dynamic, improved versions of outdated concepts such as dailies, world bosses or PvP zones.

There's no need for the whole world to be updated at once, they can do it throughout several expansions.
    realistic view, they did that with blasted land for instance, and they added a npc to allow "time travel" to the old zone, with that system they can basically add as much zones update as they want without deleting anything