Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Fury, not doing big DPS yet

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ingowar/simple

What is a i875 Fury Warrior supposed to be doing damage wise ? It seems on average I do like 450k to 475k, and can do burst dps of 650k with Enrage.

I guess my point is, why does it seem a little difficult to get high damage going on a Fury Warrior and Frost Death Knight for me ? Everyone saying I should be doing 600k to 700k dps easily. Not sure how that's possible at i875 and one Legendary ? But maybe it is, and I'm not playing right ?

Yeah doing World Quests and Broken Shore stuff solo, is very fun, I easily kill anything in a few seconds, even lower Mythic's like +5's are easy and I blast right through them. But in the Raids I just can't seem to keep that consistent 650k dps going, just no way, and Mythic +10's I can't do high dps like I think I should.

That just frustrates the heck out of me, and makes me almost want to stop playing. Why should it be so difficult to play a Fantasy themed RPG, where I just want to have fun, whack and slash away and kill bad guys. But it seems to master that dps of over 450k is some trick I haven't learned ?

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    Not sure how that's possible at i875 and one Legendary ?
    It is not. 450k is fine with your gear and more than enough for up to half of HC NH. You need tier set and CoF and DoS . it will bring the ilvl close to 900 and your dps to around 700k.

600k-700k at 875? tell them to fuck off, at EN ilvl people did 300-400k with well optimized 880 gear.

you're playing melee dps that is very gear dependent, casters dont have this issue of needing two bis trinkets 4set and bis leggos to even be competitive.

Pretty much what they've just said.

Your DPS is quite alright for your ilvl and i'm assuming no tier pieces, Convergance of Fates or Draught of Souls.

4PC / CoF / DoS = a gigantic boost in Fury dps, it's actually quite unreal. But getting those 6 items is huge for Fury.

DoS is the biggest upgrade I saw. 4pc is really nice and CoF rounds it all out. Try all you can for a DoS. I offered 100k in my group of it dropped a better one (it didn't)

I have a creeping suspicion that you're not anywhere near sustaining 450k, judging by the fact that you can't even enchant nor gem your gear, or even your legendary item for that fact. Would need to see logs to think otherwise. As a general rule of thumb I auto un invite players from my groups that can't find the 5 minutes to buy even a cheap 100 gold enchant or gem for their items, screams incompetence, that's just me though.

PS. Exactly what raid content are you doing? You've killed 3 bosses in normal NH wouldn't really consider this a viable source of judging your DPS.
    Last edited by seventysix; 2017-04-21 at 12:32 AM.

I just DING'd 110 just last week. Got him to i875 Tuesday, and only been playing a bit each night, haven't had time to sink a lot of time into this alt yet. But working on it. But I've only been Level 110 for just eight days now.

Reason I haven't Enchanted gear or slotted it yet, because I see myself replacing most of this gear quickly, with Guild carry runs this weekend.

Fury warriors are balanced around one trinket, draught of souls.

It's pretty sad.

Quote Originally Posted by seventysix View Post
    I have a creeping suspicion that you're not anywhere near sustaining 450k, judging by the fact that you can't even enchant nor gem your gear, or even your legendary item for that fact. Would need to see logs to think otherwise. As a general rule of thumb I auto un invite players from my groups that can't find the 5 minutes to buy even a cheap 100 gold enchant or gem for their items, screams incompetence, that's just me though.

PS. Exactly what raid content are you doing? You've killed 3 bosses in normal NH wouldn't really consider this a viable source of judging your DPS.
    Kind of dumb to enchant every piece when you may have to change it after possibly 1 day, and more importantly when those enchants + gems bring close to nothing for most classes.
    I mean, seriously ? +100 haste when you already have 10k ? Trust me, even with 1k haste, you wouldn't notice the difference. If you do, chances are, it's not because of the gems / enchants but because of rotations, unexpected plans (making you to move out of bosses range), or raids buffs not being the same, etc etc. Hell there are so many reasons to make a difference in dps and they're far more important than enchants / gems.
    It's not like the previous expansion where enchanting / gemming could make a "big" difference.
    I'd be glad to get uninvited from your group because you seem to be a little nitpicky with the gear.

Deleted
    I just DING'd 110 just last week. Got him to i875 Tuesday, and only been playing a bit each night, haven't had time to sink a lot of time into this alt yet. But working on it. But I've only been Level 110 for just eight days now.

Reason I haven't Enchanted gear or slotted it yet, because I see myself replacing most of this gear quickly, with Guild carry runs this weekend.
    You're going to be replacing your legendaries?

so you killed 3 bosses at 875 ilvl, didnt enchant or bother to learn rotation (it takes a few weeks to get comfy)
    dont have 4 set or dos,cof and you are wondering why you cant pull big numbers?

My rotation is as follows;

Single target / boss = Charge + Battle Cry + Rampage + Odyn's Fury + Raging Blow + Bloodthirst + Furious Slash, and during a long boss fight I then mainly do Raging Blow + Bloodthirst + Furious Slash, and wait for Enrage to proc to start that mini rotation, or Rampage to activate.

When boss is low on health = Execute + Raging Blow + Bloodthirst

Multiple targets / trash = Raging Blow + Whirlwind + Bloodthirst
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2017-04-21 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
    Best thing you can do is read the stickied thread: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-amp-FAQ

I did and that's the talents I chose and rotation

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did and that's the talents I chose and rotation
    If you read that whole thing and what you got from it is to use those specific talents for general use and to use OF right after Rampage instead of RB in your CD rotation then you should go reread it. Guide is a lot more specific than "this is how it's done all the time" anyways.

And no, you shouldn't be doing 700K single target at 875 gear with suboptimal gear regardless of how good your rotation and talence choices may or may not be. ~500K is some of the highest dps ~875 Fury Warriors have done on a fight like normal trilliax without 4pc and DoS/CoF.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-04-21 at 01:49 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

My rotation is as follows;

Single target / boss = Charge + Battle Cry + Rampage + Odyn's Fury + Raging Blow + Bloodthirst + Furious Slash, and during a long boss fight I then mainly do Raging Blow + Bloodthirst + Furious Slash, and wait for Enrage to proc to start that mini rotation, or Rampage to activate.

When boss is low on health = Execute + Raging Blow + Bloodthirst

Multiple targets / trash = Raging Blow + Whirlwind + Bloodthirst
    You really didn't read the guide if you think these are correct rotations.
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Quote Originally Posted by Drtydeeds View Post
    You really didn't read the guide if you think these are correct rotations.
    Keep in mind I have zero T19 gear.

Following the guide it says to do this;

Execute rotation

Execute > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst

Multi-target

Normal rotation applies, replacing abilities with Whirlwind based on target count.

Rotations

Normal rotation

Raging Blow (if Enraged) > Rampage (100 rage) > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash
    Only use Rampage with 100 rage once the Frothing Berserker buff is up, regardless if you're already Enraged or not.

Cooldown rotation

Rampage (100 rage from RA) > Raging Blow > Odyn's Fury > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash
    Rampage can be used prior to Battle Cry even with less than 100 rage, to minimize rage waste, since Battle Cry will proc Frothing anyway. However, you should not delay Battle Cry to ensure this happens.
    See the Draught of Souls section below for information regarding trinket use.

- - - Updated - - -

But per this post in that guide, it seems my rotation is a little off, and I should be following this way;

Ramp -> RB -> OF -> BT -> RB -> FS -> BT -> RB
    Increased rage generation from 7.2 traits (Pulse of Battle/Odyn's Glory) can generate enough rage to allow Rampage to be used a second time during Battle Cry, it should be used at the end of Battle Cry, in place of Furious Slash/Bloodthirst. With over 50% haste, through War Machine/etc you'll be able to fit a third Raging Blow.

But by changing up my rotation a bit, that will make a 100k DPS increase ? (Currently doing maybe 400k dps ) That seems insane that hitting a spell a different time than what I was doing would make that much of a difference ?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    But by changing up my rotation a bit, that will make a 100k DPS increase ? (Currently doing maybe 400k dps ) That seems insane that hitting a spell a different time than what I was doing would make that much of a difference ?
    If the only change was really RB before OF, then no probably not. War Machine isn't good on every fight so some fights it needs to be changed to Endless Rage and Wrecking Ball is easily overshadowed by Avatar on almost every fight. That would make up for a good amount as well.

In addition, it's easy to sit here and say "oh and I did all of this exactly the way I'm typing it", but usually when logs are posted they tell an entirely different story. Go log a fight or two (preferably single target) and post them here. Otherwise all people can really do is point you to the guide and tell you to read it because we can't possibly know how well you're actually performing in a fight just by saying "oh I did this much dps and this is how I did it".
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

You are doing good dps for that ilvl. Draught + 4 set will make a huge difference in terms of your dps. Just keep acquiring gear and profit.

Keep in mind I have zero T19 gear.

Following the guide it says to do this;

Execute rotation

Execute > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst

Multi-target

Normal rotation applies, replacing abilities with Whirlwind based on target count.

Rotations

Normal rotation

Raging Blow (if Enraged) > Rampage (100 rage) > Raging Blow > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash
    Only use Rampage with 100 rage once the Frothing Berserker buff is up, regardless if you're already Enraged or not.

Cooldown rotation

Rampage (100 rage from RA) > Raging Blow > Odyn's Fury > Bloodthirst > Furious Slash
    Rampage can be used prior to Battle Cry even with less than 100 rage, to minimize rage waste, since Battle Cry will proc Frothing anyway. However, you should not delay Battle Cry to ensure this happens.
    See the Draught of Souls section below for information regarding trinket use.

- - - Updated - - -

But per this post in that guide, it seems my rotation is a little off, and I should be following this way;

Ramp -> RB -> OF -> BT -> RB -> FS -> BT -> RB
    Increased rage generation from 7.2 traits (Pulse of Battle/Odyn's Glory) can generate enough rage to allow Rampage to be used a second time during Battle Cry, it should be used at the end of Battle Cry, in place of Furious Slash/Bloodthirst. With over 50% haste, through War Machine/etc you'll be able to fit a third Raging Blow.

Hitting right spells at the right time is all about melee dps. DOS Fury is about overlapping and syncing cooldown windows. Not having ideal use of those windows = 200 k dps less for a nh hc geared fury. And stop seeing it as spells, its not a fucking caster, where u queue up. Its about resource managment (rage, enrage) and cooldown managment (bc /avatar/ raging blow). Missing raging blows for example, hitting rampage at wrong timings, dont minding your frothing / enrage uptime all those mistakes u probably make cost u lots of dps.