Poll: Weight?

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Average Trump supporter, don't forget to deduct at least 1,3 kg from your measured weight.

Infracted - Trolling
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-04-22 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    It's really interesting how different our bodies are. You and I are the same height, but when I was 68-70 kg I was considered almost anorexic T_T I wasn't even allowed to join the army (draft thingy).

I'm not implying that you're anorexic or anything like that. My comment is not about it at all...
    I can't help but to wonder if he looks like a stick figure. That's very low weight to height ratio for a man to have. It would look fine on a woman, but men are not really built for low weights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just shy of 89kg. Why? I like food, and I'm lazy... I suppose it could be worse, I think the heaviest I've been is around 95kg. Right now I'm what? Something like 13.5 stone?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Deleted
    110 kg / 240(ish) pounds
    6'9 /2.13m tall

Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    230 @ 6'
    I generally consider myself overweight, but many people who see me don't. I'm fairly muscular with a good candy coating. My low weight where people think I start looking too thin is about 175 to 180.
    Even at this weight I still run 7 minute miles and can move heavy objects so it doesn't concern me much.
    At 5'11 220 I'm considered obese even though that's about perfect for me barring going to something like 7% bodyfat. Apparently for me to be considered normal I'm supposed to be 150 pounds? I'd be a twig...
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    At 5'11 220 I'm considered obese even though that's about perfect for me barring going to something like 7% bodyfat. Apparently for me to be considered normal I'm supposed to be 150 pounds? I'd be a twig...
    That's my situation as well, I can lean down more but even at single digit bodyfat I'd still be over 200 lbs and considered obese by that stupid chart.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I'm a 21 year old student that is 192 centimeters, (6.3 feet), and 96 kg, (211.6lb). Not fat, even though I've gone up quite a bit this last winter.

Deleted
    80kg @ 185 cm or... 176 pounds @ 6.06 feet.
    The most weight I had was 85kg (187lb). I find it really difficult to gain weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    I can't help but to wonder if he looks like a stick figure. That's very low weight to height ratio for a man to have. It would look fine on a woman still.
    TBF, it's hard to guess. In my gym many trainers were really surprised when they found out that I weighed >90kg, they thought that I was in low 80s. The opposite obv exists too, some guys may look normal or even heavy, but in fact they're quite light.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    That's my situation as well, I can lean down more but even at single digit bodyfat I'd still be over 200 lbs and considered obese by that stupid chart.
    I think pretty much everyone considers BMI to be worthless :/ Luckily there's this !

Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't mean much with no height stated.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Its an approximation
    yeh if 10 = 2.2 you approximated that well.

Deleted
    This would have been better measuring BMI as well, otherwise you're just guessing if someone is either overweight or if they hit the gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Look at all the 80kg+ fatties, lol. Anything above 70 is overweight.
    I'm sure you want to believe that height and muscle mean nothing...

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I think pretty much everyone considers BMI to be worthless :/ Luckily there's this !
    I use this
    Click on which gender and input the fields to get body fat category.
    I suspect that not many here would hit the "obese" category (over 26%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I use this
    Kek, that's surprisingly accurate O_o few % off, but still....

Quote Originally Posted by Sukk View Post
    This would have been better measuring BMI as well, otherwise you're just guessing if someone is either overweight or if they hit the gym.
    No it wouldn't. BMI is total shit and means nothing. According to BMI, nearly every athlete, weight lifter, larger body build, muscular person, etc. is overweight.
    Last edited by Alcomo; 2017-04-21 at 01:14 PM.
    When in doubt. Derp it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    I use this
    That calculator doesn't do anything for me. According to that, I need to have smaller measurements than I can possibly even have, to be considered "athletic". There's things like bones in the way to prevent smaller measurements past a point. Changing the weight doesn't seem to do much of anything on it either. Can put 10kg more, or take 10kg away, and no change in body fat % according to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    No it wouldn't. BMI is total shit and means nothing. According to BMI, nearly every athlete, weight lifter, larger body build, muscular person, etc. is overweight.
    BMI is shit for people who have a lot of muscle. I'd wager most heavy people on this forum and elsewhere are't super fit athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    That calculator doesn't do anything for me. According to that, I need to have smaller measurements than I can possibly even have, to be considered "athletic". There's things like bones in the way to prevent smaller measurements past a point. Changing the weight doesn't seem to do much of anything on it either. Can put 10kg more, or take 10kg away, and no change in body fat % according to it.
    Gender?
    I ask that because the last time someone mentioned something similar s/he forgot to click on male/female and that makes a big difference.

I'm surprised that so many are sniffing at or even over 100kg.