Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    I am not allowed to have and/or voice an opinion about a religion or religion based subject.
    My infraction has thought me that. Can we lock this thread now please?

I have no problem with this provided they return to their native homeland and practice it there. Islam doesn't belong in the West.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Do you have any proof that people were made by God? There seems to be plenty of evidence to show that humans came from lower primates.

While you are at it, can you ask God why he (or she) seems to want to kill children with cancer?
    Just checked with God, while s/he still refuses to give us the satisfaction of identifying with a particular gender, they did want me to pass along the following: "Dude, evolution is one of my go to tools. I tried just snapping my fingers and "popping" stuff into existence and it didn't work out so well. So I blew up the universe and started over, this time putting in some tools like evolution so that the universe could more or less manage itself without my direct intervention and I could observe. So you're both right sort of, but you're both also kind of being dicks, stop that. Also, I don't kill kids with cancer, you idiots brought that shit on yourself don't blame me for that shit." - God

True story, we talk all the time, s/he's good people.

Deleted
    If life sucks, why even give life at all? Does that mean that life is a punishment, and that God hates all living things?
    Of course God hates all living things.

"I, Jesus, have sent my angel to testify to you about these things for the churches. I am the root and the descendant of David, the bright morning star."
    There you go, ladies and gents, no need to read the whole book, it is on the last page. Jesus admits he is the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    Not sure what is your beef with Christian kindergartens, I don't think in Europe they teach that the World was created in 7 days, do they?
    They do in many public schools

Do you have any proof that people were made by God? There seems to be plenty of evidence to show that humans came from lower primates.

While you are at it, can you ask God why he (or she) seems to want to kill children with cancer?
    No, his premise is that some people were made by God and other are from monkey. Guess whom.

Which, somehow, is combining the imbecility of intelligent design with racism. (Evolution is true, but for non white people...)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svisalith View Post
    They do in many public schools
    Lol. Where?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    No, his premise is that some people were made by God and other are from monkey. Guess whom.

Which, somehow, is combining the imbecility of intelligent design with racism. (Evolution is true, but for non white people...)
    You all seem to think that I'm a religious person, I can tell you I am not. Anyway I believe in evolution but for you and people similar to you, it just went in the wrong direction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Apparently the findings of this "study" were so clear and distinct that they COULD NOT produce a list of problematic kindergardens.

So it's an 2 year old story about a study that was worth horse shit.
    Because you can't find a thing about online doesn't mean there aren't enough articles and such available.
    News article krone.at 8 months ago, but surely not the most recent article
    Kindergardens aren't being closed because of "huehue islam". It's because tax money fraud, bad educational teachings, teaching of shariah laws. Also, teachers and nannys do not even have sufficient skills in german, despite also having austrian children in their groups. Also one of the kindergardens also forced boys to get naked, apparently only boys from austrian families. I wonder why (sarcasm).

Edit: Chairman of these kindergarden has also ties to Al Quaida / IS (cant remember which).
    Last edited by mmoc75936d2629; 2017-04-21 at 01:07 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    I'm pro closing them down as long as Christian kindergarten get closed down too. Also ban religious education in schools.
    As the atheist I am you'll find no friend of Christianity in me, but there's the argument that Christianity has deep roots in the local culture. Islam doesnt.

Islamic kindergartens should be outright banned, it is pretty clear that if one does not assimilate unto the host's culture they'll always feel like an outsider, and being an outsider throughout one's life will lead to a sense of disgruntment and hatred for the locals, which make them perfect candidates for radicalization.

Christian kindergartens can argument they're a remnant of the local history and culture, so it's up to parents to choose the traditional religion in the education of their children, or the atheist purely tutorial kindergartens.

So let me guess : you are all supposing that shallow ethnic religious teaching is a new thing in Austria ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest View Post
    Because you can't find a thing about online doesn't mean there aren't enough articles and such available.
    News article krone.at 8 months ago, but surely not the most recent article
    Kindergardens aren't being closed because of "huehue islam". It's because tax money fraud, bad educational teachings, teaching of shariah laws. Also, teachers and nannys do not even have sufficient skills in german, despite also having austrian children in their groups. Also one of the kindergardens also forced boys to get naked, apparently only boys from austrian families. I wonder why (sarcasm).

Edit: Chairman of these kindergarden has also ties to Al Quaida / IS (cant remember which).
    Oh, right krone... the most well researched articles in austria, not at all right wing propaganda. Just like this one claiming the study was about 150 islam kindergardens when a whooping 2 responded. Anyway i'm not against closing kindergardens that don't meet the requirements, i'm just against this idiotic witchhunt. Nothing about children being forced to get naked in this article you've linked, what is that about?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

In 150 years when they have out breed Europeans, all the culture of those countries will crumble away as they remove churches for mosques. The vast majority of muslims are just average and good people, but it is foolish to think that they won't rule Europe in the next few centuries because of current policies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    In 150 years when they have out breed Europeans, all the culture of those countries will crumble away as they remove churches for mosques. The vast majority of muslims are just average and good people, but it is foolish to think that they won't rule Europe in the next few centuries because of current policies.
    Ah come on now that's just bullshit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Close all religious schools, kindergartens. I'm up for that.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Look, it's parents brainwashing their children with their own religious and political agendas, I'm shocked. Oddly enough, people don't seem to have a problem with it when it's their political and religious ideals being pushed.
    This.

I survived six years of Catholic schooling. Whatever.

75% of Austrians are Roman Catholic, if you want the state to fund your Muslim school than you should live in a 75% Muslim country. If it's a private school than who cares, it's really just proving that immigration is a mistake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Oh, right krone... the most well researched articles in austria, not at all right wing propaganda. Just like this one claiming the study was about 150 islam kindergardens when a whooping 2 responded. Anyway i'm not against closing kindergardens that don't meet the requirements, i'm just against this idiotic witchhunt. Nothing about children being forced to get naked in this article you've linked, what is that about?
    Talking about witchhunting, yet disregarding that some journalist have ties to left wing politicians (Claus Pandi for example, whomself is an hungarian immigrant). I don't want to argue with you wheter or not Krone is infact rightwing, but alone saying so is the same as saying that a large ortion of the population is infact right wing, hence Krone beeing the most popular print media. Try harder, "Nazi"-cries getting old.
    Also, I did nowhere say that my points which I listed are in this article. But well, here you go link and next link, in correlation to the fraud accusations
    It isn't even that hard to look for it. Those news aren't made out of thin air, nor are they pipe dreams of far right people.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    So pretty much the same as Christian kindergartens in the US?

What? You don't think that Christian radicalization has anything to do with the threats and violence against peaceful Jews, Muslims, Planned Parenthood, and minorities such as the LGBT community?

Here is the reality. Religious indoctrination ultimately requires the teaching of faith...and what is faith? Faith is refusing to critically think or even question what you are being taught and what is going on around you. Yes, it can be used to have people do good things, but it can (and sadly does) get used to have people do bad things.

We need to abandon religion and faith for the same reasons we have abandoned the concept of kings in advanced economies. Sure, every now and then you get lucky with an intelligent king that makes good decisions, but many times you end up with incompetence or someone that just doesn't really think at all.

Yeah, democracy isn't perfect, but when stupid decisions are made (such as electing Trump), we have ourselves to blame, and we can work to make things better (e.g. start to drive out the ignorance, racism, and hate that drove enough people to vote Trump into office). The same is true when we focus on secularism...it isn't perfect, but it is much better than faith because it allows for us to make things better rather than stuck making the same mistakes over and over again.
    I don't think the Human race as a whole is ready for this. Religion provides excuses and fills gaps for things people can't (and perhaps don't want to) comprehend.

If life sucks, why even give life at all? Does that mean that life is a punishment, and that God hates all living things?
    As far as I understand, its a series of tests that you have the opportunity to pass (because some dude and his wife fucked things up by eating an apple), when you are the right age and you can take responsibility for your actions. If you are successful you get to live an eternal life without your loved ones (whom didn't pass the tests?) in a perpetual state of worship.

Don't ask me why this is appealing.
    Last edited by Azen; 2017-04-21 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    Your kind never seem to remember that people were screaming like possessed over Irish migrants-with the same ''arguments'' ''proving'' that they had inferior culture, inferior genes and a dangerous religion.