Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

The Trumpcare Zombie Rises From the Grave: Trump Desperate For A Win Before 100 Days!

WASHINGTON — White House officials, desperate to demonstrate progress on President Trump’s promise to repeal the Affordable Care Act, are pushing to resurrect a Republican health care bill before his 100th day in office next week.

Some members of the president’s team have grown consumed by that deadline, worrying that appraisals of the president’s tenure will be brutal and hoping that a last push on health care might bring a measure of salvation.

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/20/u...ans-trump.html
    Trump is desperately ramming through this death trap that will rip insurance from 24M people because he fears the media will slam him for having no legislative accomplishment by the totally arbitrary and vacuous 100 day mark!

So callous, vain, and petty.

And what's in the bill? It's awful but moron Trump, who has never uttered a substantive and coherent sentence on healthcare, said this gem to demonstrate his continual cluelessness: "The plan gets better and better and better and it's gotten really really good and a lot of people are liking it a lot."

The plan is to allow states to end protections for pre-existing conditions by allowing insurers to price-discriminate against them. Underwriting is back. If you have the bad luck of having cancer, or a fat baby, too bad, Trump will send your premiums through the roof. There are high risk pools, and they have never worked anywhere they have been tried.

More details: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-the-last-one/
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/20/u...-old-days.html
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/04/21/o...alth-care.html
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-04-21 at 12:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, the only way to get the Freedom Caucus on board was to fuck people over some more.

Who the fick keeps electing these clowns?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Haha, the only way to get the Freedom Caucus on board was to fuck people over some more.

Who the fick keeps electing these clowns?
    People that claim that Politicians from both sides aren't doing enough......Maybe the left and the right are the same....but at least argue that after the left tries to screw you over.

This is a dead end for Trump, unless he literally pushes for a bill that have people dying on the streets the freedom caucus will never be happy. The so called moderates (which just means that they will vote with the crazy fucks only 75% of the time and not every time) will probably be disgusted even more with any plan that gets the stamp of approval from the freedom caucus.

Also the 100 days thing isn't arbitrary, it shows the country the direction you want to go to. Sure it may be not enough time to come up with decent proposals (hence why everything trump has done failed) but it shows the direction the president wants to go.

Disagree (on policy) with Obama all you want, he was a smart guy that thought things threw unlike Trump and co who compared the number of pages of their respective healthcare bill.

Deleted
    As an European, I'm amazed with that table. You guys really are behind times regarding health insurance.

Without bashing or trying to be negative, how do you survive if you get cancer or any other "expensive" illness/sickness? I'm a student, I have a income of 1100 dollars/month while studying, what would I do if I got really sick? Do you take a loan? Or if i fall and hit my head and can't pay the medical bill, what happens then? (I'm unconscious when they take me to the hospital so I can't tell them that I can't afford it.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MuLLvaD3n View Post
    Without bashing or trying to be negative, how do you survive if you get cancer or any other "expensive" illness/sickness? I'm a student, I have a income of 1100 dollars/month while studying, what would I do if I got really sick? Do you take a loan? Or if i fall and hit my head and can't pay the medical bill, what happens then? (I'm unconscious when they take me to the hospital so I can't tell them that I can't afford it.)
    You get a loan and be un debt, or you die.

OR you get a loan, die and leave your family in debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortun View Post
    As an European, I'm amazed with that table. You guys really are behind times regarding health insurance.
    It's disgusting tbh. And then you realise they murder their mentaly disabled prisoners.

Mentally ill man set to die in Arkansas 'conveyor belt' executions
    "The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    You get a loan and be un debt, or you die.

OR you get a loan, die and leave your family in debt.
    As long as you're an adult, your family can't be held liable for your debts. Only your Estate could be and only then possibly the Executor of your estate if they didn't pay your debts but paid your outstanding money to family per your will.

But I suspect poor college students who die of health problems don't have estates with lots of money.

To clarify: In most states husbands and wive can be held liable for medical debts incurred while married, but not loans taken out to pay for medical debt (assuming one or the other didn't sign), but parents can't be held liable for children unless the child is minor at the time of service, or signed on as a copayer. And children can never be held accountable for their parents debts.
    Last edited by Sunseeker; 2017-04-21 at 01:51 PM.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much for letting ACA fail...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

I stopped reading at Source NYTIMES.

obamacare is failing and failing bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't know... my gf just paid 4K for determining she has a gall bladder stone in an emergency room. Not fixing it or some treatment, just pain killers and tests to figure out the cause of pain. This is with employer provided insurance, which would have fucked us pretty bad 15 years ago, when we were going pay check to pay check... It would have been 10k+ without insurance...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight12 View Post

Yeah, the problem with it "failing and failing bad" enough to justify killing it, would result in millions of people losing healthcare coverage. It's failing is a principled view. If your opinion of its success is the access of American people to healthcare, then it succeeded. If your KPIs are purely ideological, then reality doesn't factor much into your KPI.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

"The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference."

Elie Wiesel (1928 – 2016)

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how having a completely normal pregnancy, ya know, a thing every fully functional woman is biologically designed to be capable of and completely necessary for the continuation of our nation, results in a surgcharge of over 400%.

And people wonder why people say Republicans have a War on Women.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I like how having a completely normal pregnancy, ya know, a thing every fully functional woman is biologically designed to be capable of and completely necessary for the continuation of our nation, results in a surgcharge of over 400%.

And people wonder why people say Republicans have a War on Women.
    Seeing as how getting rid of ACA will cost millions of people their healthcare coverage, without a substitute. If you want to call it a war, all power to your hyperbole. But, it's not just women... you bitch about unfairness to a particular segment of the population when the result causing the complaint wouldn't hinder general public. In this case, there are millions of people that would lose healthcare. Some are men, some are women, some are black, some are white... the only thing that every person that loses their coverage has in common, is that they are Americans. It ends up being divisive and let's people who explicitly will be harmed by it, to vote Trump, because it would harm them, not us...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Seeing as how getting rid of ACA will cost millions of people their healthcare coverage, without a substitute. If you want to call it a war, all power to your hyperbole. But, it's not just women... you bitch about unfairness to a particular segment of the population when the result causing the complaint wouldn't hinder general public. In this case, there are millions of people that would lose healthcare. Some are men, some are women, some are black, some are white... the only thing that every person that loses their coverage has in common, is that they are Americans. It ends up being divisive and let's people who explicitly will be harmed by it, to vote Trump, because it would harm them, not us...
    I was pointing out that charging people more for health problems can be rationalized as "these things cost more, therefore people get charged more for them" but charging people more for completely normal, natural bodily functions that are necessary to the continuation of the nation is completely irrational.

I'm actually not really sure what you're getting at though. I read it through twice and I just see some rambling. Yes I get that everyone loses in this. But there are still some bigger losers than others. Even if we can all get on the same loser train and work together to not be losers, in our effort to become winners we have to take note of the people who lost more and the people who lost less.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account

Let's cheer for people dying from lack of healthcare!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing to do with "needing a win", don't think he cares about that really since all he has is people around him telling him he's doing great. What they need, is the money saved from letting poor people die to pay for the tax cuts they want.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Enough topics where some of the alt-right jackasses eventually admitted that they think the best healthcare program is where the government doesn't do jack and if other people die in the processes then it's the price they are willing to pay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blade wolf View Post
    let's cheer for people dying from lack of healthcare!
    hip hip!
    /10

Stay a bias shit hole
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor