Looking for additional help. Creating a healing simulator / log replay for WoW.

Hello!

As a way to get more into programming I started this project with the goal of creating some kind of healing practicing tool. As I made some progress it became apparent that it would not be feasible to create such a thing in the browser. Now I've decided to create a combatlog playback tool with some sexy infographics instead. So for now the plan is to tidy the project up to make it a WebGL based front end for log replay.

Here is the GitHub link for the project: https://github.com/nexiuhm/HealingSim-ES6
    Here in an old playable build(laggy, and long blank screen load time) : http://nexiuhm.github.io/Hg-hosting/
    I recommend actually downloading and building the project if you are interested to see what it looks like now.

Would love to have someone onboard with this, the only thing needed is a good grasp of javascript es5 and es6.
    Last edited by makketota; 2017-04-21 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    I've not decided exactly on the end-goal for this project...
    Well that's probably step 1. Not sure anyone is going to want to collaborate with you if you don't have a goal in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Well that's probably step 1. Not sure anyone is going to want to collaborate with you if you don't have a goal in mind.
    Very true. The end goal is creating a easily customizable combatlog replay tool for WoW in Javascript / WebGL (phaser.js or pixi.js). Ill edit the original post to emphasize this.
    Last edited by makketota; 2017-04-21 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    Very true. The end goal is creating a easily customizable combatlog replay tool for WoW in Javascript / WebGL (phaser.js or pixi.js). Ill edit the original post to emphasize this.
    There ya go . I'm not your guy tho. Just giving some advice.

I've started a bunch of different video game projects but the most interesting part to me is learning how to create them. Once I get past that point and I know how I would actually get everything working it just kinda gets boring to me and I lose motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    There ya go . I'm not your guy tho. Just giving some advice.

I've started a bunch of different video game projects but the most interesting part to me is learning how to create them. Once I get past that point and I know how I would actually get everything working it just kinda gets boring to me and I lose motivation.
    Yep, thanks for pointing that out My motivation to program is similar to yours I think. Very curious to know the lower-level workings of things, but as soon as it's not a mystery anymore, the interest can quickly dissipate.
    Last edited by makketota; 2017-04-21 at 03:38 PM.