Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    There is an ingame function to submit ideas to add to the game, did you use that? If not, do it.
    If it's easy to implement (this one should be), the argument why it should be in is ok and enough peoply submit this, i guess it will be added with 7.2.5

I doubt i was the only one, but i submitted the idea to add a seperate filter option for mythic and mythic+. It was added a few weeks later with the next Patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    This sounds terrible for a player like me. I enjoy playing on a PvE server, but also find PvP quite fun. I DESPISE ganking of lower level players, and therefor don't play on a PvP server, as that is quite rampant. (I do have a few maxed toons on PvP servers, and stranglethorn was terrible.) But to think going into PvP areas and getting PvP rewards SHOULDN'T flag you is kind of dumb? MAYBE if they made it so you literally get ported out of the area/can't do the World quest if you don't manually flag yourself it'd be fine. You can't have PvP rewards for something with zero risk of PvP.
    Nobody asks to take your PVP away from you. You will always have an option to flag yourself and play exactly the same way, as you would play on PVP server. We ask for one simple thing - PVE players shouldn't be affected by any PVP activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    1).They do. There is exactly 5 PvP WQs up at any time, and a whole lot more PvE WQs. The other location is Dalaran Underbelly, which can be completely negated.
    2.) They do. See above. this is the same point.
    3.) True, nobody does, so why is this even important?
    4.) Absolutely. So what?

Tbh if you don#t want faction cities to be hostile then the whole alliance/horde concept should be removed from the game. its fine to be on a PvE Server, but it should simply not be possible to stroll into enemy capitals. At least a bit of sense lore-wise and mechanics wise should remain.

Enemy captial cities are far away from any questin areas, if you go there, you delibertely choose to participate in PvP. City raids would be completely ridiculous if the opposing faction can not even defend themselves (ok, they are already ridiculous).

A PvE server should not mean that your actions have no consequences. If you go into an enemy capital you should be flagged. This hardcore "But its a PvE server" stance is as toxic as any other hardcore or extremist view.

Btw, there is no "PvE" realm. Blizzard calls this realms "normal" realms. There is no mention that there would *never* be any Pvp on these servers in official blizzard docs. The best reference is "The technical difference between a PvE realm and a PvP realm is that no players are flagged for PvP combat outside enemy territory" from a green (MVP) post on the forums. World PvP Quests are "enemy territory", if you so will, and thus perfectly fit normal realms 8as well as flagging in enemy capitals).
    Do you remember, that in the past players were forming raids to kill faction leaders? And despite of fact, that Blizzard treated this kind of activity as PVP one - it actually wasn't, cuz players were actually trying to avoid PVP as much, as possible. So, essentially it was PVE activity. So. What stops Blizzard from tuning other faction's cities into PVE raids on PVE servers? M? PVE server, PVE activity, war with other faction still in place - everything is right, I guess. And if you want your precious PVP, you should do one simple thing - flag yourself.

P.S. I don't remember since what moment, but my realm list has been looking like this for ages (no mods - original UI, screenshot is not mine, cuz I don't have access to game at this moment):
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-04-21 at 11:32 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

I have stumbled across some staggering findings and I thought that I might share them here first! When you die in the video game, despite what I believed, you do not actually die in real life. PVP should feel far less triggering for you all given this knowledge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by shrunken View Post
    I have stumbled across some staggering findings and I thought that I might share them here first! When you die in the video game, despite what I believed, you do not actually die in real life. PVP should feel far less triggering for you all given this knowledge.
    When you specifically target (by paying lots of transfer money) pve server to NEVER engage in random pvp, and then one evening when you had a hour to play the game, you've wasted 15 minutes of that hour because some moron reskilled you couple of times... well, I'd just say, nobody cares about what you believe then.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Nobody asks to take your PVP away from you. You will always have an option to flag yourself and play exactly the same way, as you would play on PVP server. We ask for one simple thing - PVE players shouldn't be affected by any PVP activity.

Do you remember, that in the past players were forming raids to kill faction leaders? And despite of fact, that Blizzard treated this kind of activity as PVP one - it actually wasn't, cuz players were actually trying to avoid PVP as much, as possible. So, essentially it was PVE activity. So. What stops Blizzard from tuning other faction's cities into PVE raids on PVE servers? M? PVE server, PVE activity, war with other faction still in place - everything is right, I guess. And if you want your precious PVP, you should do one simple thing - flag yourself.

P.S. I don't remember since what moment, but my realm list has been looking like this for ages (no mods - original UI, screenshot is not mine, cuz I don't have access to game at this moment):
    Thats a screenshot from MoP. Look again at the list, they again show up as "Normal" like they have for most of the time, not "PvE".

Ok, I'll allow it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    The fact that you fail in basic spending your money does not mean it is ok, sorry. 5g is a 0,003% of a game's month cost.
    Except its not. The game is payed in real money. Please don#t use the token price which has little to do with actual value do derive at some sort of crude comparsion.

Why do pve players that specifically chose to play pve server have to be extra taxed for not being engaged in pvp?
    Would you rather have the quest cost 5g? its just how it is, and absolutely not worth getting worked up over.

And please, stop using false semantics, since the servers were called "pve" and "pvp" when most people started playing wow. Sneaky renames that a current team of incompetent morons made are irrelevant.
    Its not "sneaky renames" and not "current". it has been that way since forever. The post I'm referring to is from 2011, I'm sure I can find older sources as well. Those servers have been called "PvE" servers only by the community, and never by blizzard in official docs.

N
    HEY did you KNOW that doing THIS dumb SHIT makes you look like a FUCKING RETARD with no REAL argument except that your VAGINA clearly has a copious amount of SAND in it.

Deleted
    When you specifically target (by paying lots of transfer money) pve server to NEVER engage in random pvp, and then one evening when you had a hour to play the game, you've wasted 15 minutes of that hour because some moron reskilled you couple of times... well, I'd just say, nobody cares about what you believe then.
    How would you waste 15 whole minutes?

If you get into an FFA WpVP area you get out in under a minute even if you get killed. And if you get onto a PvP realm you drop the group and phase back to your own realm. problem solved. You simply can not waste 15 minutes on PvP on a normal, non-pvp realm. DoN#t exxagerate, it doesn't help your point at all.

And yet you lived to post about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Forced PVP - is one of the reasons, why I haven't bought Legion and even considered switching to GW2 at some point in the past.

I'm curious though, how the hell are you "forced" to PVP? I have played on PVE servers and I've never once felt like I was forced into PVPing (with the exception of the MoP legendary cloak).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    I'm curious though, how the hell are you "forced" to PVP? I have played on PVE servers and I've never once felt like I was forced into PVPing (with the exception of the MoP legendary cloak).
    How about PvP World Quests? Being sent into the Dalaran underbelly for questlines? Not being able to filter out PvP servers from the tool?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    How about PvP World Quests? Being sent into the Dalaran underbelly for questlines? Not being able to filter out PvP servers from the tool?
    1) don't do em 2) hire a bodyguard 3) insert tampon

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    1) don't do em
    The same could be said about the MoP legendary questline. Sure if you don't like being forced to do PvP, just don't play anymore. Wonderful.

2) hire a bodyguard
    They last 5 minutes and will eventually run away, most likely at a time when it's really inconvenient to you and you WILL get killed eventually.

3) insert tampon
    So you have absolutely no argument then and must resort to ad hominems. Great. The first step is to admit it.

Quote Originally Posted by Polygnome View Post
    Thats a screenshot from MoP. Look again at the list, they again show up as "Normal" like they have for most of the time, not "PvE".
    You're stubborn. All sources call them "PVE" now. Just deal with it. And don't waste my time any more.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

7+ Year Old Account
    snip

Formerly known as Arafal

I want this for the opposite reason. Tired of joining Sentinax groups and start farming and then an alliance group shows up and they are ORANGE and I can't kill them. They suck up all the air and tag a few of MY demons, screw them, they should be dead... and if im on some turd-ass PVE server I cant kill them.

Blizzard, stop putting me on PVE servers... Red is dead.. orange is shit

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    And what? This just proves, that "Normal" - is just weird legacy name, that is 100% synonym of PVE.

It's PVE in all other MMOs for example:

1.)If you don't care about PVP, why do them. It's not forced.

2.)Hire a bodyguard/Wait for the guards to come back on duty if you're too cheap to spend 5g.

3.)No one is forcing you to stay in group if the leader is on a PVP server.

You don't have to do the PvP world quest. They are rewards for the risk/possibility of PvP. There's a reason they give Honor (which is the PvP progression system). This idea that players deserve PvP rewards, but want NO PvP EVER is just strange to me. That's like saying you should be able to zone into a raid, walk around, PvP a little and have the bosses just throw loot and AP at you.