Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Its just fucken amazing how much of a shit show this has turned into.
    Inb4 "guise he's just like every other president we've evur had."
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Walls haven't been a solution for anything since the Turks took Constantinople.

Unless you think whale blubber is still a good energy solution.
    Sorry but the people that are for open borders probably aren't the most honest people about the effectiveness of a wall

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    It's almost as if that size difference doesn't come with a resource difference, as well.

And they're not in a pickle due to migrant flood, that's for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Which has been put forward by border hawks the exact necessity of staffing ICE to a greater degree.

Pretty simple shit here, follow along.
    Hell in order to save funds why don't we go full Doomsday and build an automated turret system that shoots anything that gets close to the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    Hell in order to save funds why don't we go full Doomsday and build an automated turret system that shoots anything that gets close to the wall.
    Steve King of Iowa would love it.

Except that the notion that Democrats and Schumer especially being the main guy have no part in any shutdown is disingenuous.

Trump and his administration are putting forth their priorities no different than any other President and their administration do so the outrage here is purely partisan chess move bullshit.

Furthermore I'll say what I like.
    Republicans control Congress, why don't they put forward their spending plans in a bill separate from the shutdown fight if they can get it passed on their merit?

It's Republicans that are threatening to shutdown the government if they don't get their way. It's entirely their fault. Dems are willing to pass a clean continuing resolution to prevent a shutdown, no strings attached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Sorry but the people that are for open borders probably aren't the most honest people about the effectiveness of a wall
    Neither are the people on the other side of that "wall."

....get it?
    And you could have it all,
    my Empire of Dirt.
    I will let you down,
    I will make you Hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Republicans control Congress, why don't they put forward their spending plans in a bill separate from the shutdown fight if they can get it passed on their merit?

It's Republicans that are threatening to shutdown the government if they don't get their way. It's entirely their fault. Dems are willing to pass a clean continuing resolution to prevent a shutdown, no strings attached.
    You must have missed the part where Schumer said he was for shutting the government down unless they got their way.

It's a standoff, nothing more.

They're not going to put it in a separate bill because like the Democrats they know that the CR is a leverage tool, thanks to longstanding precedent. Both parties are total chickenshits in this regard whenever they're in power and the only exception to that would be veto proof majority status.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jun View Post
    Neither are the people on the other side of that "wall."

....get it?
    The Mexicans?

You must have missed the part where Schumer said he was for shutting the government down unless they got their way.

It's a standoff, nothing more.

They're not going to put it in a separate bill because like the Democrats they know that the CR is a leverage tool, thanks to longstanding precedent. Both parties are total chickenshits in this regard whenever they're in power and the only exception to that would be veto proof majority status.
    Wrong. Schumer isn't for shutting the government down.

Dems are willing to lift any shutdown with a clean continuing resolution, no strings attached.

Republicans aren't. They're not willing to lift a shutdown unless they get what they want. They are threatening a shutdown.

They can put it in a separate bill. Spending can't be filibustered.
    Last edited by paralleluniverse; 2017-04-21 at 04:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need to budget any money for the wall because Mexico is paying for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except I'm not for open borders? I understand border control is important, but pissing away Billions on something that would ultimately be ineffective isn't exactly my idea of smart thinking.

strawman argument, nobody says open the gates

However

Their is a huge difference between doing something stupid and pointless as building a silly wall that does nothing and calling for a decent immigration policy since that's what the situation needs.

10+ Year Old Account
    The "side" is that the WH putting forth its' agenda items as a matter of natural course of action would be considered provoking a shutdown. The "side" positing that is of course the "side" that doesn't agree with the WH agenda items.
    'Would be considered' is not what the article is doing, that is you. You are the one turning this into sides, because as you already said, Trump is being attacked.

That's why I said this is day one amateur level politics stuff, which you clearly are either ignoring or aren't aware of.
    It's not the topic in the OP... that's why you are off topic, deflecting. You do understand that the difference between ignoring and it simply being off topic, is your perception. It's your need to defend Trump, not anything else. I remind you again, you admitted this already.

Don't worry I'm not going to report you. Say what you like.
    No, I am not worried about being infracted. I have no need to insult you, I can actually reply to what you say.

I posted because the slant of the article was disingenuous and made it seem as though a Presidential administration putting forward its' agenda items is 'provoking a spending shutdown' as the article asserts. It's a double standard regardless of who the President is, btw. I pointed out that Schumer playing the shutdown card was getting a free pass when in the past the Republicans have gotten absolutely roasted for it, and especially on this forum there is an overwhelming tendency to give Democrats/Left/Whatever a pass when they do the exact same shit that the Republicans/Right/Whatever do.
    No, it's discussing their role in it. You can discuss anyone else's role in it as well. Feel free to start a thread in it, instead of bitching about it. No one is stoping you from addressing your issue... the same way no one is forcing you to deflect...

I don't have blind bias, that's utterly ridiculous. Words have specific meanings and you should use them appropriately.
    Tell me more about me being passive aggressive or how unfair everyone is being to Trump, while not defending him. I've explained why you have a blind bias, if you think telling me I don't understand the meaning of words, while ignoring my rational for calling you blind, is logical or somehow doesn't explicitly prove me right... well... lol?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

How can anyone be okay with tax payers paying for the wall when the entire two years of his campaign was "Mexico will pay for it"? Do people just enjoy being lied to or something?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    So did most of his voters. Goes to show how clueless many 'murkins actually are.
    Mexico was never paying for the wall, he had intended to cut funding to Mexico to build the wall so that Mexico is indirectly paying for it. So America was always paying for the wall. He just never worded it that way in his loud speeches.

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    How can anyone be okay with tax payers paying for the wall when the entire two years of his campaign was "Mexico will pay for it"? Do people just enjoy being lied to or something?
    You gonna have to repeat that with every politician that rises to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    You gonna have to repeat that with every politician that rises to power.
    I was told Trump was different for at least a year by the internet, irl people, and so on. He says it like it is and doesn't talk like a politician, yet these same people are defending him once he showed his face to actually be, shockingly enough, a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    strawman argument, nobody says open the gates

However

Their is a huge difference between doing something stupid and pointless as building a silly wall that does nothing and calling for a decent immigration policy since that's what the situation needs.
    Plenty of people on these forums do, and our policy now is essentially open borders

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    I was told Trump was different for at least a year by the internet, irl people, and so on. He says it like it is and doesn't talk like a politician, yet these same people are defending him once he showed his face to actually be, shockingly enough, a politician.
    Well, to be fair, he kept true to his policies and crazy banter for quite a while. So much that people were getting into shock with all the things he kept doing. Then went full on de-rail.

In the end, politicians gunna politic~

Plenty of people on these forums do, and our policy now is essentially open borders

The only way you would be right is if we are talking about the EU which has a open border policy between members, other then that it's just you lot not being able to read.