Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account

Titan's Thunder, non-DF, and macro

I'm aware that with Dire Frenzy the behavior of TT changes, there's another recent thread about it. What I'm wondering is if you can macro TT with Dire Beast when running with Stomp (or Chimaera Shot). A simple:

/cast dire beast
    /cast titan's thunder

Is this likely to cause any issues or noticeable dps loss?

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd want to cast DB before TT, since they're also affected by the buff it gives, but don't gain it retroactively.

Edit reason: don't reply while half asleep, makes you look dumb
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-04-21 at 05:34 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    You'd want to cast TT before DB, since they're also affected by the buff it gives, but don't gain it retroactively.
    That doesn't sound right. The dire beast has to be out before TT is cast, or they won't get the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    That doesn't sound right. The dire beast has to be out before TT is cast, or they won't get the buff.
    Yeah, you had it correct. Your macro will work fine, just tested it.

I would think macroing it like that would be a poor idea... With the shoulders and procs, I can sometimes get out 4 or 5 beasts before i thunder, so a macro would prohibit that. I suppose it depends on your ability or inability to time it with maximum beasts out. (And shoulders/OWtP talent...)
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Good point! With the shoulders it definitely seems like a bad idea.

"Luckily" I don't have that problem. It's pretty damn rare that I have more than 1 dire beast up at the same time, and I'm certainly not gonna delay TT for it.

Delaying TT too long in the hopes to get lucky is probably not worth it.

Nevertheless I wouldn't macro the two abilities together. Even though it's optimal to always use TT right after you cast Dire Beasts; it's not always optimal to cast TT on cooldown, there are a lot of reasons it'd be smart for you to hold your TT for a few seconds. That could be a certain burst window coming up, that could be lining up certain cooldowns, that could be getting an extra stack of DB if you have the shoulders, etc.
    Last edited by Nythiz; 2017-04-21 at 03:32 PM.

Why cast TT after DF? Doesn't TT buffs the 5 instant DF's attacks?

Quote Originally Posted by GokuGohan2 View Post
    Why cast TT after DF? Doesn't TT buffs the 5 instant DF's attacks?
    You might want to read everything again.

Nobody is talking about Dire Frenzy here.

Quote Originally Posted by Nythiz View Post
    You might want to read everything again.

Nobody is talking about Dire Frenzy here.
    Oops! Sorry about that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    That's what I get for replying while tired. /facepalm

I was thinking about the cast of TT not affecting DBs summoned after you cast it, which irritates me (it should affect all DBs summoned within its duration IMO) and that ended up influencing the wording of my reply. Apologies.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-04-21 at 05:33 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I noticed and others pointed out in the combat log that Titan's Thunder was applying before Dire Beast most of the time when I used to macro it. So you may want to check that out as well.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've played around with it for a bit now, and one pretty major thing I've come to realize is that you can't spam the keybound macro if you choose to do this. Dire Beast is on GCD, but TT is not. If you spam the key, your TT is gonna go off before the DB activates.

I suspect that might be what you're referring to Tharkkun?

At the same time I'm starting to feel it's a minor issue regardless of how you choose to do it, at least without shoulders. Your pet and Hati is always gonna benefit from it. Dire Beast is just a third of it all, on an ability that doesn't really do that much dmg anyway.

Why would you even use Dire Beast anymore? I mean unless your goal is doing Heroic dungeons (not raids) DF beats it regardless of legendary choice.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewArrowz View Post
    Why would you even use Dire Beast anymore? I mean unless your goal is doing Heroic dungeons (not raids) DF beats it regardless of legendary choice.
    I'm not currently raiding. Just doing outdoor content, dungeons and LFR. For this Stomp seems better. To be fair I've barely tested DF though. It seems like a lot of extra micromanagement, for little gain (for the kind of content I'm doing).
    Last edited by Beace; 2017-04-21 at 07:11 PM.