Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    What would be more humane than injection?
    Hanging seeing as you break your neck from the fall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Why was that article going on about how he was "probably innocent" then? He apparently wasn't...
    Doesn't fit the narrative
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    He had about 20 years worth of appeals and such. This is not unusual. Everything REASONABLE is done to make as little human mistakes as possible.

I can understand and even empathize with those that oppose the death penalty but it is Constitutional. Those that want to abolish the death penalty can volunteer their time/money to pass state legislation to ban it or even try to create a Constitutional Amendment to ban it.
    Hm in a country where the highest judges get blocked or approved based on their views and believes? I'm actually impressed that people are not only accepting this but celebrate it and are confident in them so much that their rulings have as much weight as the consitution. Also how in the world are they allowed to have only simple majorities?

Guilty? Well 5 out of 9 say yes so, done. WHA?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Good, a step in the right direction. We need to extend the death penalty to more crimes and make it a faster process and maybe we can lower our crime rates and get rid of some of our scumbags while lowering the prison population. To anyone against the death penalty, alternate idea: How about you take them in at your house. No? Didn't think so.

LOL at the UN intervention idea. Even if it was a matter they could or world intervene in, they have no power to Threaten the USA. The UN is the US, if the UN was a band, the USA would be lead guitarist, vocals, song writer and put up the money for the band to get started. The other countries would be the guy playing the triangle in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    Humans rights are human rights. Lee didn't get the chance to present all evidence of his innocence, which is ridiculous in essence since it should be the courts main task to prove his guild in the first place. That, and the death penalty is the most gruesome punishment there is.
    I agree. It sounds like they should have put in quite a bit more effort in proving this guys guilt before executing him. It's a terrible thing if an innocent man was executed. I just feel like this would be pretty low priority for the UN considering everything else going on in the world. It's a US issue anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    The US judicial system is absolutaly flawed and should be corrected by the international community.
    This is specific to the state of Arkansas. The death penalty is legal or illegal depending on the state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Hanging seeing as you break your beck from the fall.
    I don't think you're aware of why we stopped such barbaric methods.... namely that this didn't always kill them and they occasionally ended up just hanging there for a few minutes while they suffocated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Why was that article going on about how he was "probably innocent" then? He apparently wasn't...
    Just some random Dutch guy shitting on the US justice system. You should be accustomed to it by now, there are a few dutch guys on this forums that feel the need to shit on everyone's practices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Hm in a country where the highest judges get blocked or approved based on their views and believes? I'm actually impressed that people are not only accepting this but celebrate it and are confident in them so much that their rulings have as much weight as the consitution. Also how in the world are they allowed to have only simple majorities?

Guilty? Well 5 out of 9 say yes so, done. WHA?
    5 out 9? what? Criminal trials require juries not Justices. Those juries must find guilt unanimously - that's 12 out of 12.

We don't need no stinkin' facts here!

We need the UN and international communities!

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay098 View Post
    Problem is most of the time they just grasp at every straw they can to delay. They know its not going to be overturned they just draw it out and run up costs. Its not like this guy was convicted and immediately killed. He had appeals chances and if there was any reasonable evidence to overturn the decision they would have granted a stay of execution to present it.
    Just because he had years of appeals doesn't mean he is 100% guilty. There have been a number of cases of people who were exonerated of crimes AFTER being executed even though they got the mandatory appeals. Refusing to look at every piece of evidence, thoroughly and independently, when seeking the death penalty will only add to number of innocents who are executed. Furthermore, if the article is correct in stating that the blood on the shoe was a major piece of evidence for the prosecution then I would hardly call getting it DNA tested grasping at straws.
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-04-21 at 04:00 PM.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Just because he had years of appeals doesn't mean he is 100% guilty. There have been a number of cases of people who were exonerated of crimes AFTER being executed even though they got the mandatory appeals. Refusing to look at every piece of evidence, thoroughly and independently, when seeking the death penalty will only add to number of innocents who are executed. Furthermore, if the article is correct in stating that the blood on the shoe was a major piece of evidence for the prosecution then I would hardly call getting it DNA tested grasping at straws.
    What about the other rapes and murders?

Personally I am for the death penalty if you are found guilty of rape, but that is just me.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    What about the other rapes and murders?

Personally I am for the death penalty if you are found guilty of rape, but that is just me.
    This was a trial for the murder of Reese, not for his previous crimes. Those were already tried and sentenced.

Not even confessions are 100% chance of guilty. Please cite sources of exoneration after execution in the modern era.

This was a trial for the murder of Reese, not for his previous crimes. Those were already tried and sentenced.
    So what exactly is your deal then?

This was a man who lead a completely violent and sadistic life, raping and killing women, yet on one specific case you or others seem to believe there wasn't enough evidence to convict him, which lead to his execution.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Not even confessions are 100% chance of guilty. Please cite sources of exoneration after execution in the modern era.
    I don't have time to look up an actual exoneration right now as I'm at work but here's a quick case of a man who was executed with later information proving the evidence used against him was invalid:

Cameron Todd Willingham - Executed 2004, in 2011 the Texas Forensic Science Commission released a report stating that all evidence against him has "been scientifically proven to be invalid."

http://www.fsc.state.tx.us/documents/FINAL.pdf

Actually, he was exonerated:

https://www.scribd.com/document/9415...odd-Willingham
    Last edited by Tyrianth; 2017-04-21 at 04:29 PM.

I don't have time to look up an actual exoneration right now as I'm at work but here's a quick case of a man who was executed with later information proving the evidence used against him was invalid:

Cameron Todd Willingham - Executed 2004, in 2011 the Texas Forensic Science Commission released a report stating that all evidence against him has "been scientifically proven to be invalid."

http://www.fsc.state.tx.us/documents/FINAL.pdf
    If you are at work, why not do your job to the best of your ability instead of shit post on MMO-C about some violent rapist and murderer that you have sympathy towards?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i disagree. what needs to happen is the judicial process needs a overhaul in how they handle cases. much stricter requirements for securing a guilty verdict and getting rid of the random citizen jury system and replacing it with one based on facts and logic. also not allowing the press in during court proceedings.
    And of course, Draenei get the death penalty just because.

But seriously, yeah, getting the press out would be a great step. Especially in rape cases. A man can have his life ruined by a rape trial when the courts call him a rapist but the trial proves him innocent. No one gets over that.
    Putin khuliyo

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    If you are at work, why not do your job to the best of your ability instead of shit post on MMO-C about some violent rapist and murderer that you have sympathy towards?
    Probably cause I am to multi task posting short responses on a forum requires less work than finding sources.

Plus the man I was talking about was exonerated, I was mistaken.

Doesn't matter if he was convicted of multiple crimes in the past. Those crimes were already judged and sentenced, none of which were death penalty sentences.
    One trial (rape & murder) ended in a hung jury and the Prosecution decided not to retry because of his death penalty conviction in this case. So had he been acquitted of this case he would have faced trial for the other.
    Last edited by petej0; 2017-04-21 at 04:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If there was even a 1% chance that he was innocent, they should of tested more before deciding for execution and I don't believe in execution.

"BUT YOU BLEEDING HEART" Just stop, not an argument and just sounds like whining.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi