Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is there any further context to the conversation rather than the jump right into the middle bit?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Is there any further context to the conversation rather than the jump right into the middle bit?
    I think she only took the video at that point of the conversation. Of course the story is from her perspective but still an interesting irony.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    maybe SMART to avoid those conversations, sure. however, it is not a firing offense. stop being so fucking touchy.
    The only touchy one is you by getting upset lulz. You can certainly call people names while on the job, just be ready to face those consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    with what i have seen so far, no. doesnt mean there isnt any other proof, just not here at the moment, but thats good enough to fire the uber drive on. right crewskater?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crewskater View Post
    The only touchy one is you by getting upset lulz. You can certainly call people names while on the job, just be ready to face those consequences.
    From the looks of it he was just having a conversation with a passenger. She brought up weight in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's physically disgusting, but I wouldn't tell her that as it's just my opinion. Though factually she's morbidly obese.

He was in the wrong though, unless her size caused issues in the car.

“I don’t do diets,” she said. “Diets don’t work.”
    http://people.com/bodies/tess-hollid...snt-unhealthy/

31 years old, 280lbs, child born in 2016, doubt she'll live to see the younger child in college.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

yup. i have made rank faster than anyone in my skill EVER and have advanced to one of the most season vets at my job in less than time than it takes 99% of the people around me, but i am worried about what an ultra-sensitive uber hater has to say on forums lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    The main problem with this whole story is the fact that this woman is somehow trying to empower herself through her disgusting body and lifestyle. Like somehow that is supposed to be a model for people and its "not unhealthy" or "im beautiful" looking like that... Its revolting and absolutely shouldn't be praised. Its not a healthy way to live and after reading up on some of this woman's other bullshit she has pulled, i more and more believe this was just a stunt to get into the lime light to 1) somehow profit off this, 2) show that "its okay to be fat" 3) shame the driver herself by posting that video of them just having a conversation. It appeared she wasn't even upset or mad, they were just having a conversation about weight.

This is healthy:

This is UN-healthy:

How one could even think that there wouldn't be any health problems with the second example is beyond me.
    I'm not at all concerned with the fat beached whale and her stupid feelings. I'm concerned with how this Uber driver handled a situation where it could have been better. He obviously fell for the bait and is now paying for it.
    Last edited by crewskater; 2017-04-21 at 04:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    So you think bullying people for being fat is ok? You realize this only makes things worse for them right? People will end up being depressed and their eating habits will get worse.
    Everything about society can be interpreted as bullying. You trying to guilt people into not shaming fat people is "bullying."

Its called Negative Reinforcement(or Punishment i forget). Its used...QUITE often. And sometimes very effective.

15+ Year Old Account
    How did she even fit in the car in the first place.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Even if she started it, he should have defused the situation. Have you ever worked in customer service before?
    what situation? there is no evidence of ANYTHING happening aside from a calm question/answer about cholesterol. have you ever worked in customer service before? plenty of customers like to lie and make stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by zhero View Post
    what situation? there is no evidence of ANYTHING happening aside from a calm question/answer about cholesterol. have you ever worked in customer service before? plenty of customers like to lie and make stuff up.
    ironic that you ask him that. he asked me the same thing when i said pretty much what you are saying here. i think HE is the one with no knowledge of customer service haha

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    How is there not a different term for someone her size? I get it that people want "realistic" models, but c'mon... She doesn't need to be ridiculed but she sure as shit shouldn't be held up as some hero for the obese. Someone her size is just as bad of a role model for kids as an anorexic...

Do you have any evidence that she was lying? And yes I do actually work in customer service.

Do you have any evidence that she was lying? And yes I do actually work in customer service.
    you must be terrible at it.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    you must be terrible at it.
    Yeah I must be terrible because I don't insult customers. It sounds like you have downs.

i don't need evidence of her lying, all we have is her evidence of someone asking about her cholesterol, not how their conversation got to that. people calling him a hypocrite because he is fat too, even though he never said anything disparaging about being fat or her being fat, for all you know, he is just as concerned about his own health.

i don't need evidence of her lying, all we have is her evidence of someone asking about her cholesterol, not how their conversation got to that. people calling him a hypocrite because he is fat too, even though he never said anything disparaging about being fat or her being fat, for all you know, he is just as concerned about his own health.
    wouldn't that be hilarious? He was about to ask for advice on how to keep his own cholesterol down, but she freaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    All I see is a video of him asking about her cholesterol.
    Is there more somewhere else or do we just take her at her word?
    She's upset that he's giving health suggestions and questions that he might have himself and people instead are like "AMG he's fat he shouldn't talk" rather than judging by the video the fact that he might actually being doing something about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    nailed it /10chars
    No he didn't nail it because he left out the fact that she's fat and thinks it's something to be praised and avoids getting thin and yells at people for speaking the truth even politely like this man was. He is not a hypocrite. Saying "aren't you concerned about cholesterol" doesn't make him a hypocrite since he might be concerned about his own.

The last 2 alone could say he nailed it, but the hypocrite claim is as far as we know false.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    That ain't no plus size model it's a goddamn whale.
    That's no moon, it's a space station!

“Edited to add: saying my driver is fat was obviously being used as a descriptor & not to insult him,” she wrote.
    What a hypocrite.