Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Well I have read the book, am wondering if it is worth watching for not.
    It meanders a bit, and the teen angst can be overbearing, but it's well written, acted and directed.

Biggest complaint with Daredevil... next season not out yet. Matt and friends were a treat to watch.
    Biggest complaint with Jessica Jones... ended too cleanly. Killgrave should have escaped to be a major antagonist later.
    Biggest complaint with Luke Cage... too much self pity. Stepping up should have been the thing that Luke wasn't afraid to do.
    Biggest complaint with Iron Fist... too naive. Danny may be outta touch with the modern world but those close to him should be able to guide him better.

Anyone watch Thirteen Reasons Why?
    Don't do it unless you want to ugly cry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Daredevil was great
    Jessica Jones was also Great
    Loved Stranger Things
    Santa Clarita Diet was fun
    Havent seen Luke Cage, but Iron Fist is interesting.
    I can't however get into Legion that is on TV right now though.
    Legion is very strange, but absolutely amazing. It isn't really a comic book show like you would think. The story is oddly paced, but it has some of the best use of music and visuals I have ever seen in a TV series and the acting is exceptional. Aubrey Plaza in particular is outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

I've seen both Luke cage and Iron fist now, Even tho i like Marvel and super heroes in general, It's just something about these shows that feels weird.

I guess i enjoy the "Villain of the week" Type concept more, Since i very much enjoy all of the CW shows.
    go watch into the badlands

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    go watch into the badlands
    Maby netflix shows wasen't the best thing to put in the title, Since it seems alot of people think i meant netflix series as awhole.

I probably should've said "These marvel shows from netflix" or something like that.

I just mean that i think Luke cage and Iron fist was abit weird in how it was presented, They feel more like a movie cut into pieces and not as actual episodes of a Series, Like how The flash is for example.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2017-04-22 at 09:27 AM.

Deleted
    Maby netflix shows wasen't the best thing to put in the title, Since it seems alot of people think i mean netflix series as awhole.

I probably should've said "These marvel shows from netflix" or something like that.

I just mean that i think Luke cage and Iron fist was abit weird in how it was presented, They feel more like a movie cut into pieces and not as actual episodes of a Series, Like how The flash is for example.
    It just doesn't use the 'defeat this new bad guy!' every week. I very much prefer the Marvel style that uses few characters but works with those characters for a long time and builds something up. And they're about a lot more then just strong guy vs evil guy.

Arrow, Flash, .. they all use the 'bad guy appears, must defeat bad guy. Oh no can't win. Wait, Found something new, now I can defeat bad guy! Yaaaaaay!' every week. It gets boring beyond believe imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    It just doesn't use the 'defeat this new bad guy!' every week. I very much prefer the Marvel style that uses few characters but works with those characters for a long time and builds something up. And they're about a lot more then just strong guy vs evil guy.

Arrow, Flash, .. they all use the 'bad guy appears, must defeat bad guy. Oh no can't win. Wait, Found something new, now I can defeat bad guy! Yaaaaaay!' every week. It gets boring beyond believe imo.
    I watch these types of shows because i wanna see super powers and action, and flash and the rest do that for me, So i'm not really a fan of how the netflix ones do it. Thus the "I just can't get into these shows" part. But since the Netflix designs them to be bingewatched i guess this style makes more sense than the CW way for that purpose.
    Last edited by SkagenRora; 2017-04-22 at 10:58 AM.

All the marvel series have been average at the best imo. What made even Daredevil decent was Wilson Fisk.

The best Netflix original shows I've found were:

- Daredevil (First season was the best)
    - Marco Polo (Second season was the best)
    - Stranger Things
    - Ajin: Demi Human (First season was the best)
    - Knights of Sidonia (Both seasons are good)

Maby netflix shows wasen't the best thing to put in the title, Since it seems alot of people think i meant netflix series as awhole.

well you like the flash I will just walk away at this point that series is trash compared to ironfist.
    But still go watch into the badland.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakotsu View Post
    well you like the flash I will just walk away at this point that series is trash compared to ironfist.
    But still go watch into the badland.
    I've seen up until the point where danny meets his friend from the monastery and they breakout, and the only part i've thought was good so far is probably the fight with the drunk Guy.

I dono what you have against the flash but i'd choose Flash over this.

I was excited for some of their movies from the descriptions but was always turned off with their B film quality. Most of the movies they have are ready old or shit B films no one would ever watch. The only thing I liked was Seven Deadly Sins anime.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    To be fair, you've watche the two worst ones... Check out Daredevil, it's easily the best of the Netflix shows.

If you're not restricting yourself to MarvelFlix shows, check out Stranger Things, The OA, Orphan Black and Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. All solid Netflix Originals.
    Not a NF original, but check out Crazyhead.. It´s like Tarantino vs Monty Python, with demons and asspoles

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Not a NF original, but check out Crazyhead.. It´s like Tarantino vs Monty Python, with demons and asspoles
    Great series. I got a strong Joss Whedon vibe from it as well. Strong female leads and a tongue in cheek take on supernatural. A little warning, it is very British though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Yeah, that originally aired on E4 in the UK. I was unsure if it was worth checking out or not, might give it a look if it's on Netflix.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Anyone watch Thirteen Reasons Why?
    Don't.

That show is everything that is wrong with Hollywood. I watched it because it was recommended from someone I thought I could trust for movie/TV recommendations. Never again. It is ironically funny that a show about a high school girl killing herself made me want to kill myself for how bad the acting/writing/pacing of the show was and how boring and over-dramatic the first few episodes are. The show did get interesting at about episode 8, but it's poor writing and story telling just has you laughing during the final episode when they are trying to drive home their message about teen suicide. Family Guy sums up the show pretty well in 30 seconds which could save anyone thinking of watching this show 13 hours of their life:

As far as good Netflix shows, personally I'd rank them:
    Orange is the New Black - the show is getting a little tedious and losing creativity, but still entertaining after 4 seasons.
    Stranger Things - Good show, looking forward to season 2
    Jessica Jones - Wasn't a huge fan of it, but it kept me hooked enough to finish the season.
    The OA - I like it's originality especially the first episode, but it was sort of predictable and was hoping for an ending that would leave me surprised or thinking about it after being done.
    House of Cards - Season 1 was great, amazing cliffhanger for Season 2. Season 2 had me bored out of my mind, so I didn't bother with S3. I did watch 1 and 2 back to back over a few weeks.
    13 Reasons Why - Garbage

10+ Year Old Account
    13 Reasons Why's writing is pretty well written. Teens are edgy and make a big deal out of everything, whether you like it or not.
    Doesn't mean that you should sit through it if you don't like that though. I was turned off myself at one point.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-04-25 at 05:14 PM.