Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Best Paladin Bodyguard/Combat Ally?

Let me just preface this by saying I barely play my Paladin outside of the order hall and a few WQs. Even on my main (Druid), I barely know about what bodyguards do what and just discovered on my DH alt that the new Champion they get have an absurd cooldown that gives a pretty nice shield, and while it holds, it gives 100% Haste. I was wondering if Paladins have something to this extent as I'm starting to have too few resources and am getting concerned, making me resort to using a combat ally/bodyguard. Even if they don't, still need those resources for when I actually do WQs on the Paladin. Oh and for the record I already have Max and Nerus as well.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-04-19 at 01:00 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I like Nerus. No annoying taunt, and has the flexibility of being both a bodyguard when I want one and goes away when I don't want him. I haven't used Max as a follower yet, but I'm not aware of any special perks from followers. I guess Meatballs' damage orbs are nice out in the world, but I think he's way too useful on missions to be regulated to follower duty.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2017-04-19 at 03:50 PM.

Max is best purely for his buff. He gives all party members (and their pets) Old Blessing of Kings, the 10% stat version. That alone makes him worth it.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Arator: Does okay damage.

Nerus: Does okay damage and can be dismissed if needed.

Boros: Does poor damage but tanks, the amount of stuff you can kill which you shouldn't be able too because of him is quite funny (he respawns quite quick on full hp if he dies, you just need to live long enough for him to return, no hard with Ret shields).

I can't vouch for any of the others.

I use the demon guy, but not for his on use ability.

25g per WQ blue equipment, 50g per WQ purple equipment, (and now with third slot) 15g per wq legendary equipment = 90g per WQ completed.

I've done about 3,000 WQs (majority @ 75g per completion).

Maybe not a lot of gold to some, but for just playing the game that is 200,000+ by itself, not including actual gold WQs and turning purps into void crystals for the AH.

Lothraxion's on use ability is awesome at least as a holy Paladin, getting a couple of million's of Holy Shock crits is quite nice

Signature made by Hinoto.

I use Arator just because I like the judgement armor and the gold generating gear I gave him. Use whatever is most astetically pleasing to you and give him gold generating equipment.

Am I the only person using liadrin?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Using Boros since day 1.

Even tho I realize his 15% boost to tier2 troops is very good on missions too with the right follower items.

Haven't commited to using my legendary follower items yet so can still switch once all hit Titled (3 equipments)

Quote Originally Posted by rookjackson View Post
    Am I the only person using liadrin?
    I use her mainly because I don't like having an actual follower out but I like to get the additional order resources etc.

I use arator.

I gave him the champion equipment that generates gold from WQs as well as the legendary one that gives 100 order resources and an AP token. So he basically gets me a ton of extra stuff during world quests.

I never really used him much on missions either which is why I gave him all of that specific equipment and made him the combat ally.

Meatball may be available to many but this doesn't discredit his usefulness. The temporary buffs he gives on top of Insta killing rare elites at 10% in BS and anywhere else for that matter.

Real MVP

I use Arator because he's Turalyon's son, which is pretty cool. Can't wait for us to meet up with the Army of Light so he can finally meet his dad.

Also use him because he's not an ability I have to remember to use. :P

I was using Boros since day one and got him to titled status, but I decided to give Max try cuz hes awesome.
    Maximillian - funny, 10% all stats buff for party members, good single target tank, shitty aoe tank, can be dismissed to only appear every now and then to deal 300k - 400k (and unevade mobs that he taunted when he is standing in bad spot)
    Boros - boring, 10% crit on target, great single target tank, awesome aoe tank (and pull more when u don't want to)

I'm mixed between the two. The 100 resources + AP token legend is laying down wasted in my bags cuz I don't know which one to pick.

Meatball. Max all his slots with the Resources Relics.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently running with Lothraxion, because NOTHING CAN HIDE FROM THE LIGHT.

I tried Arator and Boros, but they tended to have some odd quirks that made them run off and hunt naga. Even if they were on the opposite side of the zone.

I've given Nerus a shot too, he seems pretty nice especially with the toggle. If he buggers off to the other side of suramar city you can click his button and he'll despawn.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally find all bodyguards except Boros lacking.

He can just tank so much.

I've still yet to unlock Max, though.

I still use Arator, who's currently netting me 50 gold, 200 resources and an AP token every time I do a WQ. I replaced him with Maximillian for a while, but Arator has this whole "Turalyon" thing going on, so..

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I personally find all bodyguards except Boros lacking.

He can just tank so much.

I've still yet to unlock Max, though.
    This is my experience. He also gives 10% extra damage and 10% extra crit. I'd take those buffs and him tanking over old Blessing of Kings any day.

I like Boros since I ret while doing world stuff, but he's big and gets in the way often. I wish there was a way to shrink them like in Draenor.