Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SLUSHER View Post
    I think the concept fits with the current most successful f2p model of work to earn or pay to get now. But personally I don't like in game items, even cosmetics being offered for money in a subscription based game. It devalues my subscription in a way that makes me feel like I'm getting ripped off.
    Just wondering why do you think it devalues your sub? I mean you can still get he stuff without paying for it, I could see how thinking new stuff would devalue your sub as you can't get it in game even when it should be like the fey dragon but I don't get why stuff you can get would devalue it.

As long as they're obtainable in game and not stuff like T3 or Challenge Mode gear, I don't see why not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    As long as they're obtainable in game and not stuff like T3 or Challenge Mode gear, I don't see why not.
    This. Absolutely Blizzard could put restrictions on what they offer in the cash shop.

@Jaylock do you think they should add current tier gear in as well? Of course without stats hehe!

I think so. The current tier gear looks nice for some classes and I would happily pay to get a transmog set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20754545811

So you made a thread here aswell, huh?
    Your forensic detective work is astounding!

Ehh, I put it on both forums, but if you must know, i made the one here first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    @Jaylock do you think they should add current tier gear in as well? Of course without stats hehe!

I think so. The current tier gear looks nice for some classes and I would happily pay to get a transmog set.
    Well I like the idea, but there needs to be some level of presteige for those who are mythic raiding and such in the current expansion.

The reason why I think if Blizzard were to do this, they would need to only offer previous expansion sets because no one cares at that point because old is old. People only really care what other people look like if they are wearing current mythic tier gear, thats where all your inspects per hour rise when sitting in dalaran or any major city.

Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    The question isn't stupid but the reply is rude so I guess your half right.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not it doesn't effec you me or any one else. It would only effect people who didn't want to farm sets and would rather pay or don't have time to farm the sets.
    No, I'm fully right.
    Everything Jaylock says is looking for a contest and contention. Everything he says is stupid.

His question was mighty fucking stupid, actually.
    Cash shop = bad. It doesn't take more than a simpleton to understand that.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv_ View Post
    No, I'm fully right.
    Everything Jaylock says is looking for a contest and contention. Everything he says is stupid.

Many people use and buy stuff from the Cash Shop.

Its your subjective and quite frankly ignorant opinion that it is bad.

No, I'm fully right.

Not really. He asked should it implement older tier pieces purely for looks.

Very ignorant opinion to claim you are right and everyone else is wrong. Seems your issue here is more with the OP than anything else and that's just petty at best. I don't see any reason to attack the OP because you disagree with their opinion. Just say you disagree with it in a calm manner. Or better yet if you dislike the OP you can use an ignore function the website has and not open his threads at all. If you choose not to use the solutions presented to you then you have nobody to blame but yourself I'm afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Many people use and buy stuff from the Cash Shop.

Its your subjective and quite frankly ignorant opinion that it is bad.
    Yep. I buy 3 WoW tokens at least every month to sell.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-04-21 at 09:45 PM.

You can essentially already do this with WoW tokens and camping the BMAH for T3.

If they're going to double down on cosmetic micro-transactions, drop the sub fee. They'll bring back thousands of players, and the whales will pay more than enough to cover costs, with tons of profit over and above.

The secret to WoW is, absolutely no one cares about your personal achievements, collections, anything. Theres too many things, and too many players to really give a damn about. The only time gear has any kind of prestigious value is when its current content, I don't think a full mythic set for current tier should be obtainable by just anyone. But past sets, who really cares if you spent 15 minutes, 2 hours over a few weeks, or $20 obtaining it.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

7+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm fully right.

wow i didn't know you were god and every thing you say is written in stone as fact.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Not really. He asked should it implement older tier pieces purely for looks.

Very ignorant opinion to claim you are right and everyone else is wrong. Seems your issue here is more with the OP than anything else and that's just petty at best. I don't see any reason to attack the OP because you disagree with their opinion. Just say you disagree with it in a calm manner. Or better yet if you dislike the OP you can use an ignore function the website has and not open his threads at all. If you choose not to use the solutions presented to you then you have nobody to blame but yourself I'm afraid.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. I buy 3 WoW tokens at least every month to sell.
    I don't think ignorant is the right word for him i mean he has to know his option isn't a fact right???

Of course not, what an utterly retarded idea.

Want old transmog sets? Go solo the piss-easy content for them. I could see Blizzard adding transmog set to the cash shop, but if they did they should be unique at the very least.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    It actually does affect the people who farmed or obtained the sets properly. Some of the allure in an MMO is the cool shit you can get from putting in the effort to get it. Some of those sets are no longer obtainable because you joined the game later, or refused to do what was necessary for it. If you start offering all the cool shit for a cash price, that affects the players AND the game.

I for one would be pissed if I saw every fucking Warrior wearing T3 Dreadnaught because he dropped $20 on it instead of the months of raiding it required me. You might not share that sentiment, but don't boldly go saying "it doesn't effec you me or any one else" as you so eloquently put it.
    the only set that is no longer obtainable is t3 witch you can still get off the bmah. it is in no way harming any one who farmed as any one could go back and get it. little jimmy who just started playing the game could hit max and go get any set up to wod easily. as jaylock said it wouldn't be current gear or even an expansion back, id personally make it not mythic sets either. it in no way effects any one and you couldn't even know if some one bought say t9 or went to the raid to get it.

as for t3 any one with the gold can already get it on the bmah i wouldn't say t3 should be added to the shop but any thing else baring myhic sets id say if fair game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    Yes if released at the right time that could cover people who first mmo was wow but still if some one was willing to leave x game for wow why wouldn't they leave wow for x game they find better.
    People have been leaving WoW in droves for years. Over half of it's highest population was gone by warlords and that number is probably even lower now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    People have been leaving WoW in droves for years. Over half of it's highest population was gone by warlords and that number is probably even lower now.
    and as far as we know its still beating out every other mmo. final fantasy could have passed it as the only other sub mmo but we don't know point still stands to a ton of people wow is worth paying for where every other mmo baring final fantasy was not.

No. I would however be in favor of lighthearted or non-serious transmog gear in the cash shop.

Blizzard is seriously missing a huge opportunity by not doing this. A lot of people would love a lot of fairly simple stuff like a pair of glasses. If I had to pay 5 bucks to justify its existence in a patch then hell, I'd do it in a heartbeat. This also wouldn't step on the toes of people who actually like playing the game to obtain things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Anytime someone tries to guess and use the current wow population as part of an argument, they pretty much lose any and all credibility. There's simply no way for anyone but Blizzard to have any idea where it's at. People came back in droves for Legion, certainly some left, but there's no way to have any idea where subs are currently. An individual person is only ever going to interact with an incredibly tiny portion, even if 70% of the people you know left, that means nothing over all.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope, buying gear from a shop type feature is poison to an MMO. It removes all incentive to actually go out and play the game. There's already enough "Stand in Dalaran and get X" type functions. The WoW Token is hopefully as close as WoW ever gets to what you propose. We don't need "Buy Heroic Tier 13 for only $15!!"

No, just no.
    it only removes incentive if you didn't want to spend time getting it from the raids. i personally would never use it as I've never bought any thing from the shop baring one charity pet i think?? but i know people who don't have time or are kinda horrible and couldn't solo even old raids. this effects no one but people who are lazy have no time or suck. it has no effect on any one who would go out and get the gear the normal way or any one who would rather spend time then real money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, buying gear from a shop type feature is poison to an MMO. It removes all incentive to actually go out and play the game. There's already enough "Stand in Dalaran and get X" type functions. The WoW Token is hopefully as close as WoW ever gets to what you propose. We don't need "Buy Heroic Tier 13 for only $15!!"

No, just no.
    It wouldn't remove anything for me. I play F2P games with cash shops and never spend a single dime because i'm cheap and enjoy the game. Speak for yourself. If people want to essentially pay to have less content in a game, let them.
    Last edited by Jazzhands; 2017-04-21 at 10:25 PM.