Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Beat it with this undead paladin horseshit. The only thing more idiotic is gnome druids. Undead priests using holy magic is already a gameplay concession than CDev gave some stupid handwavey excuse for back during Cata, and if it weren't, it's completely perpendicular to their theme anyway.

Night Elves are pretty much confirmed at this point, and it makes sense considering the unification of the Light and the close relationship between Elune and the Naaru that Blizzard has pulled. If they need a counterpart on the Horde, the only sensible answer is Trolls. It's a great opportunity to reintroduce the Zandalari in some fashion, too, especially if they're going into the Azshara/N'zoth stuff next. Shame they look like shit in plate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    So after watching the new cinematic with Anduin we can imagine that he will become a Paladin in the future.

If that's really the case then all other races such us Undead or Night Elf should also be able to be Paladins - because they can be priests.

I hope these new class/race combos will be a new feature in the next expansion.
    night elven paladins are hinted heavily with delas and her family.

undead will not, they dont make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Wasn't Uther a Priest before he became a pally?

I kinda forgot. LOL
    uther was a knight and apprentice cleric.

Formerly known as Arafal

There are shadow priests.

There are not Shadow Paladins. Shadow Paladins are DKs

Also Undead is inherently a shadow race. Night elves... might be ok, they worship the moon. Which is a light source. I guess?
    Last edited by Concequence; 2017-04-21 at 09:33 PM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

wait wait wait....i thought Anduin becomes a Shadow Priest (a la hearthstone) - betrays us and becomes possessed by Sargears - hence why all the Old Gods are getting ready to rip the Alliance a new butt hole.

How else do we get a 3rd faction in the next Xpac?

On the flip side, maybe he get's possessed, fights it, dons some plate and becomes a paladin lol

holy shit...shadow paladins = mind blown

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    HS should not be taken as a canon lore, as stated by Blizz multiple times.
    anduin being a priest is canon lore.
    In contrast to his decisive warrior father, Anduin is contemplative and diplomatic, as well as a priest of the Church of the Holy Light.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Anduin_Wrynn

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    Crap.... that's a good thought... but a King as follower? Sadly doubt it would happen.

I think we're going to get Yrel and Turalyon as our Legendary Followers.

Yrel needs to come back into our lives.
    Sorry mate, Yrel is going to be the next Warlock follower. She's our timeline's Yrel, she has sold her soul to the Legion, she has changed her mind about it being a good deal.

Mages get Archimonde too, with the help of the Warlocks we will bend him to our will. Gonna see some sweet class cooperation stories, like the Priest/Paladin one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahkesis View Post
    That being said, all those things could change, but I hope they don't. There are a pitiful amount of notable priests in the warcraft universe. Even Tyrande, a 'Priestess', is shown using her bow and arcane magic more than she is using healing magic.
    that's because tyrande is a priestess of the moon.
    not a generic priest.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Partysaurus Rex View Post
    First, it is the devotion to the light that compels them to take up arms in the name of justice.

Second, as people have pointed out there are variations of beliefs even within "priesthood" and as I pointed out with bloodelves there are other ways.

Third, Tauren paladins... nuff said. To be honest I don't know why we haven't seen paladins come from the legion oh wait...

You don't have a leg to stand on.

Your arguments are so uninspired and unimaginative ma the lore just doesn't support it. I hear hunter pets are going to become paladins too...
    Right, I have no leg to stand on. That's why every race can be Paladins - oh wait

Let's get one thing straight - game design is what drives these decisions. Lore only supports game design decisions. What you point out is already known and proven that lore can't disprove anything.

Why can't gnomes be Demon Hunters? Of course they can be, there's nothing preventing that from happening, not even lore. It all comes down to game design. But what influences game design? What is the reason why they would want Gnomes restricted to certain classes instead of being able to be Demon Hunters, Paladins and Druids? Well that harkens back to the idea of adhering to class fantasy and race fantasy. While there's no lore-restricting reason why we can't have Paladins of all races that have Priests, the reasons are heavily influenced by the core fantasy of those races.

Why were Paladins allowed to be opened up to Blood Elves and Tauren when it makes no sense? Because of a game design reasoning; to open up the class to the Horde in TBC, and to further diversify and lessen exclusivity in Cataclysm. Why Tauren instead of Trolls, Orcs, Goblins or Forsaken? Because their racial core fantasy is flexible enough to incorporate the idea of a Warrior of Light and Justice whereas the others did not. We could have all races be able to be Paladins, but my answer is probably the most logical conclusion you could come to.

Honestly, I'm not opposed to the idea of Troll or Forsaken Paladins, but I'm not going to pretend they have a full reason to exist just because they have Priests and because other races have flimsy lore incorporating Paladins. The reality is the game design doesn't currently warrant any more Paladin races, therefore it will stay exclusive to the ones we have right now.

IMO Gnome Druids are an amusing idea that would help popularize Gnomes. Despite being a strong game design decision to boost gnomes, it goes against what Blizzard decides the gnome class fantasy to be.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2017-04-21 at 09:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    night elven paladins are hinted heavily with delas and her family.

undead will not, they dont make sense.

- - - Updated - - -

uther was a knight and apprentice cleric.
    After 3 fucking Replies before yours....

I seem to have got it....

-_-

Quote Originally Posted by Boyinawell View Post
    What?

So because thrall who was once a warrior became a shaman, all classes who are warriors should be allowed to be shamans?

Except in both cases, both classes already fit that race.

Orcs can be warriors OR shamans.

Humans can be priests OR paladins.

These are main characters that are going to get special circumstance. This happens when telling stories.

Multi Class baby! What you never play any D&D games back in the day.

Wow so many priest to paladin people in this thread. Who started this mindset? The Knights of the Silverhand were mainly...Knights. There were a few priests among them who became paladins. But most of the Paladins were knights. The Order was started with 4 knights and 1 priest.

So after watching the new cinematic with Anduin we can imagine that he will become a Paladin in the future.

If that's really the case then all other races such us Undead or Night Elf should also be able to be Paladins - because they can be priests.

Just being a priest doesn't mean you can be a paladin. Being a paladin requires a devotion to the light that most beings don't possess. Example, remember Sir Zeliek, the only Undead Paladin. His devotion was so strong, the Lich King couldn't strip him of his powers. Yes it's possible for the Undead to be paladins. But Zeliek is the only one so far to show the strength to be able to do so.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

7+ Year Old Account
    After 3 fucking Replies before yours....

I seem to have got it....

-_-
    i dont read every single little post in the thread.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i dont read every single little post in the thread.
    Neither do I...

But I do have notifications....

Nelfs are almost a guarantee thanks to Delas Moonfang. As for undead, I really don't understand what "All undead priests are by-lore considered shadow, undead can't be Paladins because the light, both channeling and being affected by, physically hurts them and Paladins are infused with the stuff" is so hard for you guys to understand.

Anduin is human. Humans can be priests AND paladins.

And there are already Undead Paladins, called Undead Death Knights.

Well,nelfs are mostly elune priests while undead are (supposed to) be exclusively shadow priests,so it's different I'd say

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    night elf and trolls maybe undead pallys are still stupid.

Something to keep in mind, is that yes, while Humans and a few other races make easy transitions from Priest to Paladin, this has more to do with the belief that's already in place, the source of a Priests Power. Being a Paladin is more than just martial training, it is a commitment of your faith and will to become a conduit of the Holy Light, in essence becoming a fire hose as opposed to using a water can.

For Humans, Dwarves, Blood Elves, Tauren, and Draenei, the transition is easy as they already revere the Light itself, or an Aspect of the Light, whether it be An'she, the Naaru, or the Sunwell.

Some Forsaken or other Undead beings could make this transition, we've already seen such with Sir Zeliak. Most of them probably won't, because the common belief system for Forsaken is the Cult of the Forgotten Shadow. It would take a truly dedicated individual to not only turn away from their previous faith, but to actively become a conduit for a power that was used to destroy your race. A similar reason is why most Warlocks were former Mages or Shaman, and very few, if any, were former Priests.

Trolls beliefs are rooted in the reverence and worship of the Loa, Night Elves in Elune, Gnomes in the mechanical, Orcs in the spirits of the Ancestors and so on. It's not outside the realm of possibility to see Paladins rise from these races, Delas and Nerus Moonfang already being examples of such, but it would take great cultural shifts for Paladins to become common enough to see them as a playable class.

At least, that's how it should be. More likely we'll just get more classes added in without a reasonable lore explanation.
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

i have been waiting to be anything but a fucking blood elf paladin, and no cow is not an option either.
    Matter fact i have been waiting for that day since TBC raiding karazan with deviate fish

Overall, I don't see a point behind Race/Class restrictions other than some bits of lore. In reality you would think there would be several races going towards odd classes for their race. For instance the Night Elf priests wanting to convert to Paladins, yet lore wise was unheard of. I'm sure there are outliers like this so why not give races the freedom to pick their class rather than feeling like they are destined into a class (for lorewise anyway). No one says we need to go and add big figureheads for each combo or anything. It could be something gradually added into the lore.

I'd ALSO Love to see An Illidan/Anduin vs Sargeras fight. Just think about it!

Illidan throws the Spirit bomb at Sargeras, Sargeras lives, Shoots Illidan, Blows up Velen, Making Anduin pissed, only for him to Unleash His Full Wolf/Light Potential, making him Infused with the Light. Think about it, Us Empowered by Azeroth's Titan, A Wounded Light-Infused Illidan, And a Light Infused Titanic Anduin Battling, And Defeating the Dark Titan on Argus, just before the Fel-planet blows up.
    But before that we need a 3 day talk to Sargeras telling him what we are going to do. Then another 3 days to charge up the move while yelling KA-ME-HA-ME-HA! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    What i'm getting from it is: Any priest can grab a sword/hammer, don some plate and become a paladin.
    But using that logic we'd get troll paladins, worgen paladins, and god forbid fucking panda paladins.
    Why not though? The two night elves us pallies get as followers basically did that.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2017-04-21 at 10:34 PM.