The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    any tips for getting better with widow/hanzo?
    Custom games with all ana npcs, headshots only, have fun.
    BAD WOLF

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I found that didn't work for me. Instead, I just stay in QP and practice against real people. It's been a slow progression, but far less boring and ineffective.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    oh yes, this works extremely good.
    10 minutes in there and you get god aim for like half an hour.

then you are back at noob stage again for some reason and have to redo it.

at least that's how it works for me, for some reason.
    even tho i have to turn the sound completely off because the ana dart noises are driving me crazy.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by t1saif View Post
    2455 after placements, made it to 2625
    16/9 w/l
    expecting crazy losestreak tomorrow
    20/20
    this game is so painfully predictable
    Last edited by t1saif; 2017-04-21 at 07:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played a few solo QP games late last night and got grouped with some of the worst players I've ever had the misfortune of coming across. Figured there must be a school holiday or something going on, because it was truly abysmal.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    any tips for getting better with widow/hanzo?
    As those two characters literally the only things you have to get right are aim and positioning. Custom game versus Anabots, headshot only, highest difficulty, would be your best bet for practicing them. Beyond that, move around a lot, don't get tunnel vision, make sure you're in a position where you can actually see the teamfights.

But the best advice I can offer is: when you're in spawn, make sure to press 'h' and switch to a different hero. Even good snipers don't provide a lot of utility and you have to be in like the 1% to carry with them. If you have the time to spend practicing a hero, pick one that can actually solo carry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    oh yes, this works extremely good.
    10 minutes in there and you get god aim for like half an hour.

then you are back at noob stage again for some reason and have to redo it.
    Do it for more than 10 minutes, and make it the last thing you do before going to bed. Sleep on it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    But the best advice I can offer is: when you're in spawn, make sure to press 'h' and switch to a different hero. Even good snipers don't provide a lot of utility and you have to be in like the 1% to carry with them. If you have the time to spend practicing a hero, pick one that can actually solo carry.
    Both Widow and Hanzo can solo carry, especially on lower ranks where the guy you quoted probably is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Both Widow and Hanzo can solo carry, especially on lower ranks where the guy you quoted probably is.
    The amount of work it takes to get to the point where you can solo carry as a sniper would be better spent on more rounded heroes IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    The issue is that good hanzos and widows capable of carrying teams are extremely rare in the lower ranks. I agree that good one absolutely can carry a team (I have been on those teams and against those teams), especially if both teams are subpar... but this happens so infrequently it's barely worth mentioning.

The problem is that in lower ranks, you'll almost always get a widow that gets maybe half the number of kills her teammates do (if that), while simultaneously not contributing to contesting or objectives. At that point, I'd rather have a shitty soldier that contests the point, sprays bullets with shitty aim, and does chip damage to everyone so we can finish them off than a widow who is off the point and getting a kill on rare occasion. Hanzos are a little better since they are more likely to contest, and their ult can at least be useful for area denial and team fights. (Widow's ult is useful but seldom capitalised on in lower ranks, especially now that the zone-wide voice line makes it obvious when it's up)

Snipers worth their salt usually move up the ranks quickly, so we just barely ever see them at Rank Garbage. I have encountered probably <5 good widows in my entire time playing Overwatch (since early alpha) and maybe <15 good Hanzos. If you're not well above average at playing them, your team is almost certainly better off with you picking someone else unless the pick is to counter a very specific threat (and is pulled off successfully).

My two cents from the lower rung.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    The amount of work it takes to get to the point where you can solo carry as a sniper would be better spent on more rounded heroes IMO.
    Unless one enjoys playing those snipers, which is kind of the point of video games.

Does anyone know if a Reinhardt is discorded, does his shield take additional damage?

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless one enjoys playing those snipers, which is kind of the point of video games.
    I guess I'm one of the few who thinks my enjoyment shouldn't come at the expense of the other 5 people I'm playing with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    Does anyone know if a Reinhardt is discorded, does his shield take additional damage?
    I don't think so but should be easy to test in a custom.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    This thread should be renamed to just Overwatch [Megathread] at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    The problem is that in lower ranks, you'll almost always get a widow that gets maybe half the number of kills her teammates do (if that), while simultaneously not contributing to contesting or objectives. At that point, I'd rather have a shitty soldier that contests the point, sprays bullets with shitty aim, and does chip damage to everyone so we can finish them off than a widow who is off the point and getting a kill on rare occasion.
    I think that needs to be underscored, and the same goes for the flanker heroes.

If you're not on/near the point/payload, a few things are happening;

1> Your allies are getting focused more easily, since they've got 5 targets to pick from, not 6
    2> You're often capping/moving the progress more slowly, since more bodies means payloads move faster (to a point), and the same for payloads (at least 3 for fastest movement).
    3> You often have limited view range, and thus can't necessarily keep pressure on the targets that need it.

People underestimate the value of another body on the payload/capture point, in and of itself. I'm not trying to say DON'T play a flanker or sniper, but if you do, you need to recognize what you WON'T be contributing, and realize that you need to make up for that. If you're playing Widow and have the same kill count as Soldier 76, Soldier's probably way more of a help to the team, because he's providing that pressure and also has his AoE heal. If you're playing Reaper and keep trying to attack their back ranks, you'd better get a ton of kills every time you dive in there, because you spend a lot of time NOT shooting people as you get into position that you need to make up for. Etc.

I swear I'm having the most unpleasant time regarding other players.

"nice gold bruh"

"Wow you suck at playing X."

All of these are just petty insults but I swear the worst one is regarding rank. It's just a lowblow that makes the people who pull that card as complete dicks. I swear reporting and ignoring only go so far. Really wish they made an example of people like that.

Doing what I can regarding rank, but it seems when I get right there at plat, I lose a few rounds.

I really wish "Avoid this Player" was still a thing because I genuinely do not want to be in the same lobby as these types of people.

Edit - HAH. Got to Platinum finally.
    Last edited by Dragon Claws; 2017-04-22 at 03:29 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I guess I'm one of the few who thinks my enjoyment shouldn't come at the expense of the other 5 people I'm playing with.
    I tend to look at it more as "I'm not playing for them, I'm playing for me". If that's an issue, the can feel free to be as angry as they want, because it just makes more sense for someone to play a hero that they mesh well with to try and win, than to jump into something the team needs, fail, and be generally ineffective and a hindrance on top of being unhappy. I'd prefer people try unconventional team compositions and generally try, than stick to a rather rigid and inflexible comp which forces people into roles they cannot reasonably play. Even if the goal is "Win at all cost".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I tend to look at it more as "I'm not playing for them, I'm playing for me". If that's an issue, the can feel free to be as angry as they want, because it just makes more sense for someone to play a hero that they mesh well with to try and win, than to jump into something the team needs, fail, and be generally ineffective and a hindrance on top of being unhappy. I'd prefer people try unconventional team compositions and generally try, than stick to a rather rigid and inflexible comp which forces people into roles they cannot reasonably play. Even if the goal is "Win at all cost".
    Most of us aren't advocating for a "rigid and inflexible comp". If the enemy team has a Pharah, and you've got three offense who refuse to play anything other than Junkrat, Mei, and Tracer, you're probably gonna lose. Because that Pharah will go unopposed and, through attrition alone, ensure you can't win.

So your options are "play what you want because you don't care about your team and you'd rather lose than try", or "play what the team needs".

If you honestly can't play anything other than <insert niche hero here>, then unless you've got a dedicated group that builds around that, maybe you shouldn't be playing Competitive at all. Because you're not playing competitively.

Competitive isn't a mode where you can insist on playing a niche hero 100% of the time. That's a deliberate and intentional attempt to ruin other people's game time.

This is a team game. If you're playing for you, and not your team, you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well from what's been said and confirmed about the way the SR system works, if you're playing for your own SR then you absolutely are best focusing your efforts on a given hero. Once you've averaged out a ton of fights, is it really worth picking Reinhardt to improve your chances of a win where the risk is a 10SR gain if you do win, but a much greater loss of you don't?

Also got Blackwatch Genji skin last night, its up there with Witch Mercy as one of the best in game, Blizz should be embarrassed calling Talon Widow Legendary along side that.

Loved it, played it daily couldnt stop playing it, now im bored of it

Quote Originally Posted by DStrukt View Post
    Loved it, played it daily couldnt stop playing it, now im bored of it
    Some people get bored of FPS games and some don't. I bought the game late December and been playing every day since; have hundreds of hours played.

Also I'm sitting at 3500 credits hoping to get the Mcree skin from the lootbox instead of buying it. By the end of the event I'll probably have like 5k credits and there's definitely non-event legendary skins I still need to get.
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements