Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirkzat View Post
    I really tend to get amused when Western Europeans and Americans criticized Russia for holding a referendum in Crimea and recognising it. I just have one question to you: Exactly what did Russia do that is in principle not the same as what America and the West did by recognizing an independent Kosovo?
    let me put it that way no one care about crimea, the crude reality is that both america and russia need a classic enemy to justify enormous military spending, how the pentagon can justify buying a carrier who costs 100B to fight a bunch of towel head armed with toyota pickup? How putin can justify spending ton of money for the nuclear arsenal when the best he will fight are chechen terrorists?

"look dude bad UsA (russia) is a threat to us but don't fret we have developed this new airplane that cost half moscow(new york) feel reassured and keep dying of hunger."
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I haven't forgotten why you were banned. Or when you said World of Warcraft is European.
    Warcraft is definitely European at its core.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lolgo View Post
    You really are russian. Only one nation can be this dull from birth. "Ukraine" means "my country" in Old Slavic. Belarus means "White Rus'". And there was no "russia" until Peter the First. You're not worth my time or effort, no chance of educating you.
    Lol, "Ukraine" means "borderland" or "province". This is a normal world in Slavic languages. In my country it also means province "without the 'u'".

Ukrainians are Russians.

Lol, "Ukraine" means "borderland" or "province". This is a normal world in Slavic languages. In my country it also means province "without the 'u'".
    Ukrainians are Russians.
    Yep. It seems like all slavic languages have something similar to the word Ukraina, and all of them mean "borderland", province or a far side of a country. At least I can vouch for Czech, Polish, Russian, Belorussian (quite similar to Polish actually) and Ukrainian languages. Actually, "okraina" is a modern word in russian and ukrainian languages that literally means "a remote from the center location in an area" or "a border part of a territory". Kind of like "edge" or "outskirts" of something, but used specifically in geography. I am not a linguist though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    Yep. It seems like all slavic languages have something similar to the word Ukraina, and all of them mean "borderland", province or a far side of a country. At least I can vouch for Czech, Polish, Russian, Belorussian (quite similar to Polish actually) and Ukrainian languages. Actually, "okraina" is a modern word in russian and ukrainian languages that literally means "a remote from the center location in an area" or "a border part of a territory". Kind of like "edge" or "outskirts" of something, but used specifically in geography. I am not a linguist though.
    Exactly, that's what it means. What is Ukraine, then, a province/borderland of? It was simply the corner of Russia until someone gave it autonomy for God-knows-what reasons and then it became independent.

Ukraine was a common name of borderlands, no matter which ones. Ever since Rus was conqured by the Tatars it became pretty much a huge border between MDL, Khanates, and other countries, so it was refered as such more often than not. Then it was adopted widely as a proper name of these lands, and nationalistic movements took that name instead of Rus or Ruthenia, because it wasn't similar to Russia, which became dominant in that area in the 18th century.
    Last edited by Devonitar; 2017-04-22 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Man View Post
    Russia guaranteed Ukraine's territorial integrity when it signed Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances in 1994.
    No one ratified the Budapest Memorandum. Ukraine was bound to surrender their weapons, either diplomatically or by force.

- - - Updated - - -

While russian is a different bush.
    Russian is a typical East Slavic language.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Ukrainians are Russians.
    Never thought I'd have to, but let me explain something as obvious as this to everyone - "Ukraine" = "Ukraina = [ukrɑˈjinɑ] = "My country" in Old Slavic. It has absolutely nothing to do with "Borderlands" except for the translation of the genetically retarded nation of russians. Please check actual sources, not sheeple propaganda BS. Ukrainians are the descendants of Kiev Rus. The "people" that come from russia are descendants from Golden Horde slaves, that basically betrayed their roots and rewrote their history to seems higher than their actual postilion, which is dirt.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Ukrainians are Russians.
    No need to go personal, also. I'm not calling you trash or an animal (unless you're russian). That statement is complete lies, and unless you have extensive cultural and archaeological knowledge like I do - please stop spreading lies. Thank you.

Deleted
    Never thought I'd have to, but let me explain something as obvious as this to everyone - "Ukraine" = "Ukraina = [ukrɑˈjinɑ] = "My country" in Old Slavic. It has absolutely nothing to do with "Borderlands" except for the translation of the genetically retarded nation of russians. Please check actual sources, not sheeple propaganda BS. Ukrainians are the descendants of Kiev Rus. The "people" that come from russia are descendants from Golden Horde slaves, that basically betrayed their roots and rewrote their history to seems higher than their actual postilion, which is dirt.

- - - Updated - - -

No need to go personal, also. I'm not calling you trash or an animal (unless you're russian). That statement is complete lies, and unless you have extensive cultural and archaeological knowledge like I do - please stop spreading lies. Thank you.
    Ukraine doesn't mean "my country". Please provide sources.

It means "in province/country", so the question is what it was part of.

It was part of a larger block, in which it was a mere part, not the whole.

Either you go with an original name like Rus... or just admit you're Russian and live with it!

Not even sure why you don't want to unify with Russia. Makes no sense. It's not like you're any better than them in any way, especially economically.

In the end, all Slavs should unite, so let's not fight over these small matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really, the reason why Europe is ahead of everyone and has been since our dawn of civilization has been that on average, IQ is highest here, and the IQ is spread in such a way that many are both toward then stupid and smart end (e.g. you find many over 115, but also many under 85). In East Asia, they are much more tight, so not many are either above or under their average (105), which means they don't have many stupid folks, but also not many who are that smart.
    Where did you get that idea from? The biggest human inventions have been made in the middle east and africa early, then the Mediterranean, then far east, and by then in the 15th century europe was basically the backwater of the world. The only thing europeans by that time had were: aggressive usage of gunpowder + a lot of experienced sailors which enabled colonialism that should secure european/western supremacy for the next 600 years, but until then especially western/northern europe was a shithole.

Crimea: i recently discussed this with a friend. I was on the side of "Russia was annexing sovereign territory" he was on the "russia held a democratic referendum" - we could only agree on one point, and i think this is what will finally be the most important aspect of all of this:

Balance of Power:

Crimea is just strategically too important for Russia. They need access to the black sea, and will always push for it one way or another. Personally i think we will sooner or later just forget about the whole thing and in 2 or 3 years the sanctions will be removed without anyone noticing.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 2017-04-22 at 02:28 AM.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Either you go with an original name like Rus... or just admit you're Russian and live with it!
    I assume you're human, would you like to admit you're an ape? I suppose not.

- - - Updated - - -

Ukraine doesn't mean "my country". Please provide sources.
    It means "in province/country", so the question is what it was part of.
    Only if you're retarded enough to believe russian propaganda. Links - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Ukraine, http://www.businessinsider.com/why-u...rs-now-2013-12, http://litopys.org.ua/ohukr/ohu04.htm (Ukrainian).

- - - Updated - - -

In the end, all Slavs should unite, so let's not fight over these small matters.
    Would you like to unify with monkeys to build new civilization? I know I wouldn't. There's no future with putler's brainless horde.

Man you guys have been really going off topic,

In my opinion this is all about money. I'm Albanian and I feel Kosovo wanted its own thing for a while now. Also I somewhat feel bad for them because they are a mix of Serbian and Albanian and neither country wants to take responsibility for them. But I find it perplexing Serbians hate Albanians and vice versa for the stupidest reasons.

Also in my opinion while there are some differences in the way Kosovo and Crimea declared themselves independent it is essentially the same thing.
    Last edited by 13last; 2017-04-22 at 03:04 AM.

"Ukraina = [ukrɑˈjinɑ] = "My country" in Old Slavic.
    That's not obvious. Please give an analysis of its morphology. Also, what is "Old Slavic"?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Where did you get that idea from? The biggest human inventions have been made in the middle east and africa early, then the Mediterranean, then far east, and by then in the 15th century europe was basically the backwater of the world. The only thing europeans by that time had were: aggressive usage of gunpowder + a lot of experienced sailors which enabled colonialism that should secure european/western supremacy for the next 600 years, but until then especially western/northern europe was a shithole.
    Africa and the Middle East developed civilizations before Europe did, which is why we were behind. That's because they had far more people due to humanity coming from Africa and going through the Middle East.

I'm sorry, but your knowledge of European history is laughable. Europe was far ahead, and the idea that suddenly in the 15th century it came ahead is insanely ridiculous. Tell me my Lord, what happened all of a sudden? Europeans just got centuries ahead of everyone all of a sudden and started inventing every single fucking thing? Yea... lol.

The truth is, European intellect is way ahead, and this is why Europe is most forward and inventive. Please try to compare science, philosophy, music, architecture, or anything from Medieval Europe and prior to any other place in the world. Not to mention Europe has much fewer people than other regions, but still ahead.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume you're human, would you like to admit you're an ape? I suppose not.

- - - Updated - - -

Only if you're retarded enough to believe russian propaganda. Links - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Ukraine, http://www.businessinsider.com/why-u...rs-now-2013-12, http://litopys.org.ua/ohukr/ohu04.htm (Ukrainian).

- - - Updated - - -

Would you like to unify with monkeys to build new civilization? I know I wouldn't. There's no future with putler's brainless horde.
    None of your links say "Ukraine" means "my country". It doesn't.

"U" means "in/within", and "krajina" means "region/province". So, it seems to be "within something". Within what?

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The only thing europeans by that time had were: aggressive usage of gunpowder + a lot of experienced sailors
    I don't think you realize what scientific basis is necessary to allow a mass-produce of artillery, rifles and ocean-faring ships.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    I don't think you realize what scientific basis is necessary to allow a mass-produce of artillery, rifles and ocean-faring ships.
    Not only that, but Europe was literally ahead in most ways. You can find a few cathedrals around Europe more advanced and sophisticated in engineering than any building from Medieval times anywhere else, really.

I really don't understand the ignorance and hatred Europeans have for this continent... I just... don't get it. Really. All other people are so proud of themselves, but those who should be the most proud are the least proud. lol!

Coming back after awhile:

You still fighting.

Kudos.

But your fight is futile.

Deleted
    Not at all, I rock.

Not only that, but Europe was literally ahead in most ways. You can find a few cathedrals around Europe more advanced and sophisticated in engineering than any building from Medieval times anywhere else, really.

I really don't understand the ignorance and hatred Europeans have for this continent... I just... don't get it. Really. All other people are so proud of themselves, but those who should be the most proud are the least proud. lol!
    Because quite a long time ago, people figured out that national pride was for idiots who have no accomplishments of their own to take pride in. Within Europe, nationalism is far stronger in the Eastern countries, whose contributions to science, art, culture, etc. pale in comparison to those from the West, because Westerners don't need to jerk off to genocidal fantasies to feel good about themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    Because quite a long time ago, people figured out that national pride was for idiots who have no accomplishments of their own to take pride in. Within Europe, nationalism is far stronger in the Eastern countries, whose contributions to science, art, culture, etc. pale in comparison to those from the West, because Westerners don't need to jerk off to genocidal fantasies to feel good about themselves.
    It's because the "West" benefited from lack of endless sieges.

Besides, what gives you the privilege to distinguish between Eastern and Western Europe in a cultural sense? Why is France more "Western" than Russia? The concept of the West has roots in Southern Europe. Prior to their introduction of advanced civilization to other parts of Europe, the West, that is, anything beyond Southern Europe, was largely useless.

There's nothing more "Western" about France, Germany, the UK or most other countries in Western Europe over Eastern Europe. Heck, Eastern Europe includes Greece which we can thank for for the European civilization at large.

The only difference between East and West Europe is geographical/political and religious. Aside from that all of Europe is the Western World, so trying to exclude our part from the so-called contributions as if say, Germans, did nearly as much as those who created the Western civilization (i.e. Greeks and Romans) is laughably stupid.

It's because the "West" benefited from lack of endless sieges.

Besides, what gives you the privilege to distinguish between Eastern and Western Europe in a cultural sense? Why is France more "Western" than Russia? The concept of the West has roots in Southern Europe. Prior to their introduction of advanced civilization to other parts of Europe, the West, that is, anything beyond Southern Europe, was largely useless.

There's nothing more "Western" about France, Germany, the UK or most other countries in Western Europe over Eastern Europe. Heck, Eastern Europe includes Greece which we can thank for for the European civilization at large.

The only difference between East and West Europe is geographical/political and religious. Aside from that all of Europe is the Western World, so trying to exclude our part from the so-called contributions as if say, Germans, did nearly as much as those who created the Western civilization (i.e. Greeks and Romans) is laughably stupid.
    I agree. How it was explained to me when I was a kid; the "children" of Rome were considered the "West" and the "children" of Constantinople were simply written out and forgotten.