Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Are they going to do something about Wrath of Consumption?

Whatever replaces effigy is going to have to duplicate its ability to give us a second target for shard/souls generation, or they will have to buff that generation. I don't see them doing that. They already nerfed the generation of soul fragments for destruction without changing the cost of CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    They already nerfed the generation of soul fragments for destruction without changing the cost of CB.
    They buffed its damage

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Whatever replaces effigy is going to have to duplicate its ability to give us a second target for shard/souls generation, or they will have to buff that generation. I don't see them doing that. They already nerfed the generation of soul fragments for destruction without changing the cost of CB.
    Why? What? The whole reason people hate it is because it's another stupid thing to dot up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the only one that picked soul effigy? (at least until the drain soul 70-100% damage increase?)

Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Changes look great and they're explaining them thoroughly. I personally didn't like Soul Effigy but I know some locks did, so I can understand some annoyance there. Other than that though, I'm just going to laugh at all the people spitting venom two days ago about PTR notes saying Blizzard is committing domestic terrorism by nerfing Affliction or whatever.
    On what planet do any of the changes look great?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BannedForViews View Post
    On what planet do any of the changes look great?
    This one. We're no longer tunnelled into MG, Effigy is being replaced, and we're getting baseline DoTs buffed which helps for Multidotting. I'd say they're pretty good changes tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviators View Post
    Are they going to do something about Wrath of Consumption?
    They've kind of already done something about it by having ToS have little to no small adds to roll the buff off. Most of the fights are ST or cleave fights that aren't giving us constant rolling WoC like all of the Nighthold bosses do.

I'm staying somewhat optimistic about the fact that Blizzard is making legitimate changes (hopefully fixes) to affliction mid way through an expansion rather than the usual making us wait it out for the rest of the expansion till we get to our "per-expansion" rework. Hopefully they give us something like Soul Swap for cleave fights so we have defined options for each type of boss encounter.

The Haunt changes are exciting if it manages to line up well on the numbers side. It'll feel somewhat similar to playing WotLK affliction (other than UA of course) which was easily my favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by sinddk View Post
    Soul conduit is NOT being nerfed.

And tbh its about fuckin time that warlocks got some real love this expansion.
    What? Weren't they the top ranged spec even before 7.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    What? Weren't they the top ranged spec even before 7.2?
    No. It's arguable that it isn't even top now. Affliction does lots of damage, but it's terrible at target switching/moving (which is kinda important on Gul'dan).

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    This one. We're no longer tunnelled into MG, Effigy is being replaced, and we're getting baseline DoTs buffed which helps for Multidotting. I'd say they're pretty good changes tbh.
    Yea, none of those are good things. Effigy was very powerful and useful, Mg was a great (if extremely boring) solution to a lot of our "ramp" and priority damage issues, the baseline dot buffs aren't going to come close to overcoming the loss from MG, and there aren't a lot of multi-dot fights in ToS, so where exactly will our ability to multi-dot matter? Try to see the Forest for the Trees.

Deleted
    Yea, none of those are good things. Effigy was very powerful and useful, Mg was a great (if extremely boring) solution to a lot of our "ramp" and priority damage issues, the baseline dot buffs aren't going to come close to overcoming the loss from MG, and there aren't a lot of multi-dot fights in ToS, so where exactly will our ability to multi-dot matter? Try to see the Forest for the Trees.
    God forbid we're not absolutely amazing at every fight in every tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    I got to give them credit, when they want to promote Destruction, they force people to play Destruction by nerfing the other 2 specs to the ground.
    They have been doing this for years. Not just with specs, but also with competing talents. You're just noticing that?

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    God forbid we're not absolutely amazing at every fight in every tier.
    Your argument is that we should lose Effigy so that we aren't good in certain spots? Is this real life? I get we play warlocks, but why the hell are so many of you masochists?

And yes, GOD FORBID. I don't want to be bad on any fight, thanks. And I certainly don't want to feel like I have to swap to Demo/Destro on fights.
    Last edited by BannedForViews; 2017-04-22 at 04:31 AM.

An interesting time to be a warlock.
    This new talent is going to prompt a lot of discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
    Did they change that back? Or what did I miss? I'm not saying it's a big deal necessarily, but the numbers going from 20 % to 12 % is still a nerf, is it not?
    its on the front page. they not doing the 20% -> 12% on SC.
    BETA CLUB

The trouble with affliction remains the same as its always been, and many people seem not to understand a simple concept:

If our dots actually do damage by themselves our power goes through the roof the more targets there are.
    One of the ways around this is shorter dots, which we kinda have now.
    Other option is malefic grasp to empower dots, the weak become stronger as long as you're grasping.

It really is that simple, and balancing us around grasp makes sense more than letting us go crazy on any multi target fight.

Before grasp came along affliction was in the shitter this expansion with rare exception.

Right now, our single target is up there at the top and making a small nerf to grasp makes sense. Blizz and their balance by sledge hammer adjustments..... The art of fine tuning appears to be lost on them.

Even though I hate effigy, don't like it, wont use it, don't care, not worth my time, I don't care if it is a 1% loss. I can't believe they actually caved and are going to get rid of it. It is the ptr, so things could of course always change, but I am still surprised they will get rid of it considering there are actually people out there that like it and they have left it with us for this long. What scares me is what we will get instead.....

I keep reading people asking for soul swap instead. While soul swap was a really great tool when it was released it would likely be a mediocre talent at best now that our dots are so much shorter. And if they do bring back soul swap you know it is going to cost a shard making it even less worth casting.

Your argument is that we should lose Effigy so that we aren't good in certain spots? Is this real life? I get we play warlocks, but why the hell are so many of you masochists?

And yes, GOD FORBID. I don't want to be bad on any fight, thanks. And I certainly don't want to feel like I have to swap to Demo/Destro on fights.
    Boomkins say hi.

I think something needs to change with Phantom Singularity too. It's never better than Sow+Conduit for AoE.

Also, a viable GoSac would be nice. Hunters and frost mages have flat dmg bonuses for not using pets, but warlock version is literally unplayable after the nerf.
    Last edited by Sgtpeppr; 2017-04-22 at 06:52 AM. Reason: more stuff

The only problem with effigy is that it takes your focus bar, otherwise I always prefare having a steady supply of shards that all I need to do to get is to cast extra agony every 20 seconds.

I don't know why people freak out about it, you can get away with not taking it, even that it is better the SC on like 9/10 fights at nighthold.

Singularity on the other hand, is awful talent that maked you soul starved. If they really into changing anything, they should start with that.