Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    *facepalm*

The Kaldorei's closest allies in the Alliance are the humans, worgen and draenei, all prolific arcane users.

I wasn't talking about the Highborne, I was simply saying that even if the Highborne were not accepted back, the night elves would eventually become more tolerant of arcane magic due to its presence in the Alliance.
    Except that you were talking about highborne and not kaldorei, keep your face in your hand if you want

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Except that you were talking about highborne and not kaldorei, keep your face in your hand if you want
    I said the highborne were accepted back into night elf society, which is the primary reason that night elf mages are playable. However, I also said that even if the Highborne weren't accepted back, arcane magic would realistically become accepted into night elf society due to relations with the other races of the Alliance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    According to who?
    According to the draenei themselves?

The fel not only ruined their homeworld and society, because of it they got betrayed and got hunted across the universe for millennia.

They are not going to accept fel.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Arafal

Draenei means the exiled ones in eredun and they are the light wielders that escaped the legion and therefore cant be warlocks, eredar can be warlocks. Please dont mention draenei warlocks it would be eredar warlocks for fuck sake.

Eredar is the space goat race, draenei is the holy good ones, man'ari is the evil ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Blood elf druid and shaman

Botanist in tempest keep was an herbalist yo.

Deleted
    I don't think there is such a thing as an impossible combination. Something that's not acceptable by the "general culture" of the species? Sure. Impossible? Nope. It's just down to the personal training/attitude of each individual.

One could argue that physical factors can be a limitation, but the existence of gnome and goblin warriors and hunters throws that out of the window, and considering that stealth is already a magical power, I don't see tauren rogues as impossible. Comical? Yes, but not unique.

There are no indication that any of the races are incapable of magic, neither is magic itself too picky, be it elemental or divine. If undead can channel light, I'm sure a gnome can handle nature. Or an orc can probably just learn the priest ways from tauren.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Undead Druid/Shaman seems pretty unlikely
    Undead Druids: Druids of the Rot:

A wise druid must acknowledge that even rot and decay has its place in nature: to make way for new life, to enrich the soil and to feed the carrion-eaters. . The Druids of the Rot embrace this knowledge, seeking mastery over the forces of nature that decompose, disintegrate and destroy. Thurial Vilemane, an undead Night Elf druid sealed away by the Wardens long ago, has brought his radical druidism to the only beings on earth who would embrace his teachings: the Forsaken

Bear form: Diseased Black Bear

Cat form: Skeletal Saber

Travel form: Cursed stag, undead shark, and vulture

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

The fel not only ruined their homeworld and society, because of it they got betrayed and got hunted across the universe for millennia.

ROFL yet hypocritically they accept the fel users from every other race of the alliance? Do you people even read what you spew here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Waniou View Post
    Have you ever actually spoken to a Draenei NPC? Almost everything they say references the Light in some way. Draenei are defined by their hatred of demons and the fel, because, considering Draenei are an extremely long lived race, it's a very personal fight for them. Sargeras turned the Draenei's brothers and sisters against them, took their world from them and Kil'jaeden, a trusted leader of their people, has been hunting them for 10,000 years. You don't just forget that because some guys said "hey sorry about the whole 'trying to murder all of you for the last 10,000 years' thing."
    Until, *wait for it*, BLIZZARD GIVES A FEL USING EREDAR WITH A BACKSTORY OF LEAVING THE LEGION FOR REASON [X] AND THROWING HIS/HER LOT IN WITH THE ALLIANCE JUST LIKE THE DKS WERE ABLE TO DO WITH THE LICH KING DESPITE BEING FUCKING MIND CONTROLLED.

How can people who play a fantasy RPG have such poor imaginations?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Until, *wait for it*, BLIZZARD GIVES A FEL USING EREDAR WITH A BACKSTORY OF LEAVING THE LEGION FOR REASON [X] AND THROWING HIS/HER LOT IN WITH THE ALLIANCE JUST LIKE THE DKS WERE ABLE TO DO WITH THE LICH KING DESPITE BEING FUCKING MIND CONTROLLED.

How can people who play a fantasy RPG have such poor imaginations?
    someone who acts like they have all the answers, still doesn't change a single damn thing about the Draenei. They aren't going to tolerate it, now more than ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    someone who acts like they have all the answers, still doesn't change a single damn thing about the Draenei. They aren't going to tolerate it, now more than ever.
    I think draenei-warlock is quite prossible the ONLY impossible combo in WoW lore. The draenei aren't a race unto themselves: they are an ideological sect. High Elves who turn to draining magic from living things and swear allegiance to Lor'themar would no longer be high elves, for instance.

Draenai are simply eredar who turned to the Naaru, and away from all fel-based or demonic power. A draenei who gives up this idea would simply be an man'ari eredar, making it impossible to retain their identity as draenei. Hell, the Auchenai prove that they're more comfortable wielding the Void than fel.

Sure, Blizzard could make draenei locks and give them a red skin colour very easily, but they would no longer fit into the draenei society/lore, no more than a former forsaken who is fully resurrected back into a human could continue being Forsaken.
    Last edited by Grimo; 2017-04-22 at 03:00 AM.

Worgen Death Knights... oh wait they're already in. Nothing will surprise me afterwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post
    I think draenei-warlock is quite prossible the ONLY impossible combo in WoW lore. The draenei aren't a race unto themselves: they are an ideological sect. High Elves who turn to draining magic from living things and swear allegiance to Lor'themar would no longer be high elves, for instance.

Draenai are simply eredar who turned to the Naaru, and away from all fel-based or demonic power. A draenei who gives up this idea would simply be an man'ari eredar, making it impossible to retain their identity as draenei. Hell, the Auchenai prove that they're more comfortable wielding the Void than fel.

Sure, Blizzard could make draenei locks and give them a red skin colour very easily, but they would no longer fit into the draenei society/lore, no more than a former forsaken who is fully resurrected back into a human could continue being Forsaken.
    Thank you. I've said similar things before and its good to see others explain it too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Worgen Death Knights... oh wait they're already in. Nothing will surprise me afterwards.
    Worgen deathknights, you mean the Arugal Worgen that were raised by the Lich king? What possibly is hard for you to understand about that?
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I wanna say if memory serves that the only magic that can't be wielded by every race is nature. Pretty much everything else is free game and could exist.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    There is absolutely nothing whatsoever that cannot be done lore wise. From Draenei Warlocks to Undead Paladins, it is all doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimo View Post

they wouldn't be man'ari unless they were turned into demons. eredar don't just instantly become man'ari upon using fel magic, it is an infusion and transformation process.

but other than that, you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    What possibly is hard for you to understand about that?
    The fact on one side lorewise worgen curse makes subjects unable to be risen as undead but on the other hand DKs are fine, even though they're undead? It's an inconsistency and though most people just dismiss it in a way "LK could, because he was more powerful than Sylvanas" I don't buy it. Silverpine story arc literally says some humans willingly infected themselves with worgen curse so they can never be risen as forsaken.

In this case it means everything can be retconned, bypassed or twisted to fit "the lore" depending what fits Blizzard at the current moment. They can justify everything if they want, so nothing will surprise me, either draenei warlocks or undead paladins / druids / shamans. There can always be some plothole to exploit.

P.S. Draenei Warlocks for me are the same level of offense as Goblin Shamans - generally a class that clashes philosophically with the majority of the race. Doesn't mean there couldn't be exceptions. But I find both kinda a stretch.

Forsaken paladins / druids / shamans I find at the same level of lore twisting as Worgen DKs, they're not supposed to be physically compatible to be that class, yet here we are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    The fact on one side lorewise worgen curse makes subjects unable to be risen as undead but on the other hand DKs are fine
    they arent unable to be to be risen.

worgen are resistant to necromancy, making it very hard to rise them.
    requiring very powerful necromantic magic to turn them.
    hence why the val'kyr cant rise them.

the LK was strong enough to do it.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    The fact on one side lorewise worgen curse makes subjects unable to be risen as undead but on the other hand DKs are fine, even though they're undead? It's an inconsistency and though most people just dismiss it in a way "LK could, because he was more powerful than Sylvanas" I don't buy it. Silverpine story arc literally says some humans willingly infected themselves with worgen curse so they can never be risen as forsaken.

It almost like Arthas was capable of more then a Val'kyr.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    All of that really depends on who is wielding Fel. If Sargeras is conquered and demons controlled, there's less to fear from the remnants of the Legion. Also, his mind could change as it was the Light (supposedly) itself that chose a Demonic Fel User as their champion against the Void. If the Light says cool, Velen might himself.

I don't see it happening, but I am saying there's a possibility there without it being too farfetched anymore.