Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Detroit Doctors Arrested for Female Genital Mutilation

From the Department of Justice (and not some sensationalist online rag):

A Detroit physician and his wife were arrested this morning and charged by criminal complaint unsealed today for their alleged participation in a conspiracy that involved performing female genital mutilations (FGM) on minors.

Acting Assistant Attorney General Kenneth A. Blanco of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division, Acting U.S. Attorney Daniel L. Lemisch of the Eastern District of Michigan, Special Agent in Charge David P. Gelios of the FBI’s Detroit Division and Special Agent in Charge Steve Francis of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Homeland Security Investigations (ICE-HSI) Detroit Field Office made the announcement.

Fakhruddin Attar, M.D., 53, and his wife, Farida Attar, 50, both of Livonia, Michigan, are charged with conspiring to perform female genital mutilations on minor girls out of Fakhruddin Attar’s medical clinic in Livonia. According to the complaint, some of the minor victims traveled interstate to have the procedure performed. The complaint alleges that the FGM procedure was performed on girls who were approximately six to eight years old.

Both defendants were arrested this morning and are scheduled to appear in federal court in Detroit this afternoon.

The defendants are alleged to have conspired with Jumana Nagarwala, M.D., who was arrested in Detroit on April 12, 2017, and ordered detained on April 17, 2017, pending trial. Nagarwala, Fakhruddin Attar and Farida Attar are believed to be the first people charged under 18 U.S.C. 116, which criminalizes FGM.

A complaint is merely an allegation and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.

The FBI’s Detroit Division and HSI investigated the case with the assistance of the Livonia Police Department and with support of the Criminal Division’s Fraud Section, the U.S. Attorney’s Office of the Eastern District of Michigan and the FBI’s International Human Rights Unit, Criminal Investigative Division. Deputy Chief Sara Woodward of the General Crimes Unit of the Eastern District of Michigan, Fraud Section Assistant Chief Nick Surmacz and Trial Attorneys Amy Markopoulos and Malisa Dubal are prosecuting the case.

The FBI’s Detroit Field Division has set up a tip line for anyone who has information pertaining to the illegal practice of FGM or Dr. Jumana Nagarwala, Fakhruddin Attar or Farida Attar at 1-800-CALL-FBI (225-5324). To submit an e-tip, please visit FBI.GOV/FGM.

Attar et al. Complaint
    Hopefully this sends a message to any other doctors doing this shit that it won't be tolerated, and if you're caught, you'll be shut down.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good! While they're at it, if guilty, ship em back to wherever they came from and forbid entry into the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    INb4 male circumcision

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    INb4 male circumcision
    It is not even close to being the same thing. Circumcision has no bearing on a male's ability to enjoy sex and get aroused.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    It is not even close to being the same thing. Circumcision has no bearing on a male's ability to enjoy sex and get aroused.
    I am doing a preemptive post

it does, but to a much lesser extent.

anyway, glad they were caught. this should be an elective practice, for 18+ only. both male and female versions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I am doing a preemptive post
    I use to work with a guy who was having issues with enjoying sex, because when he had a erection, his foreskin would get too tight around the head of his penis. Causing it to become numb. So he got circumcised and it fixed the problem.

This female genital mutilation is a horrible thing to do to any girl and serves no benefit at all with the exception it can cause them to have no sexual interest and then the owner. ( Yes, that is basically what some husbands are in those societies which practice it. ) can still have his fun and not worry about her cheating on him. It is illegal here in the US and those who do it, should loose their medical license and go to prison.

I heard about this case.

I have a serious question, As far as I understood this the doctor removed "clitoral hood skin", while most 3rd worlds the procedure is a complete clitoral removal.

Do women see a difference in those things? I mean I honestly have no idea how people feel about the former compared to the latter, or if in fact in most folks mind that it is no different.

The latter as I understand it was to eliminate as much of the pleasure of sex as possible, while the former could be seen similarly to what is done to baby boys. ... Like I said I have zero knowledge on peoples perception, as a guy with no kids, I have absolutely no way to form an opinion. From most of what I read its a firm, "its horrible"... but is that true?

This is a honest question.

Note: I know for some women, the hood collects ... uhh ... yeast I guess. It gets itchy, and its annoying, but by no means ultimately a health issue, its pretty easy to pull it back a but and clean under the hood. While I guess some men, have overly tight forskin, making it harder to clean? I wouldnt know, but thats what I hear.
    Last edited by Concequence; 2017-04-22 at 03:13 AM.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it does, but to a much lesser extent.

anyway, glad they were caught. this should be an elective practice, for 18+ only. both male and female versions.
    Why the hell would a woman want that type of mutilation? And you show me evidence where male circumcision causes issues with sexual pleasure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Concequence View Post
    I heard about this case.

I have a serious question, As far as I understood this the doctor removed "clitoral hood skin", while most 3rd worlds the procedure is a complete clitoral removal.

Do women see a difference in those things? I mean I honestly have no idea how people feel about the former compared to the latter, or if in fact in most folks mind that it is no different.

The latter as I understand it was to eliminate as much of the pleasure of sex as possible, while the former could be seen similarly to what is done to baby boys. ... Like I said I have zero knowledge on peoples perception, as a guy with no kids, I have absolutely no way to form an opinion. From most of what I read its a firm, "its horrible"... but is that true?

This is a honest question.
    Yes it is horrible. Comparing it to male circumcision is like comparing pulling a tooth to a root canal. One gets rid of the tooth and it is gone forever. The other can have healthy benefits.

I'm circumcised, and I have absolutely no issues getting aroused or enjoying sex. Female circumcision, however, is another animal entirely. It's more akin to castration, at least in terms of being able to enjoy sex and get lubricated.

Yes it is horrible. Comparing it to male circumcision is like comparing pulling a tooth to a root canal. One gets rid of the tooth and it is gone forever. The other can have healthy benefits.
    From what I read, these doctors did not do a complete clitoral removal. It was clitoral hood skin that was removed. I think that was the comparison I was asking if people saw a difference in. I was not comparing it to male circumcision. Sorry if I was not specific enough in my question. I know this is a hard subject to ask questions about.
    We think we climb so high, Upon the backs we've condemned ...We face our Conϛequence.

Why the hell would a woman want that type of mutilation? And you show me evidence where male circumcision causes issues with sexual pleasure.
    i've always been told it reduces sensitivity. thousands of nerves to register more sexual contact = obviously better.

but that's not saying it's equal to this. i mean, it's equally wrong to force it on someone who has no say over their own life, but it's not equally damaging.

i've always been told it reduces sensitivity. thousands of nerves to register more sexual contact = obviously better.
    Well that's no good. A lot of women seem to have a tough time climaxing anyways. Less Sensitivity has to just make sex a generally terrible experience. That's sad.

10+ Year Old Account

but that's not saying it's equal to this. i mean, it's equally wrong to force it on someone who has no say over their own life, but it's not equally damaging.
    It can to some degree. But that is not a bad thing for the pleasure of your mate who may not like the premature ejaculation. :P But it does not do it to the point of making sex not enjoyable. The nerves of the penis for sexual pleasure are not confined to the head of the penis. Ask men who have been circumcised if they can still enjoy sex. I am sure the great majority would say yes. And even in the cases of the rare ones who would say no, there more than likely are other problems causing the issue.

Well that's no good. A lot of women seem to have a tough time climaxing anyways. Less Sensitivity has to just make sex a generally terrible experience. That's sad.
    i was speaking in reference to male circumcision.

female circumcision removes the labia and the clitoris. it would probably remove almost all sensation, it's truly terrible.

i do wonder about g-spot stimulation in a woman that's been mutilated like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I read, these doctors did not do a complete clitoral removal. It was clitoral hood skin that was removed. I think that was the comparison I was asking if people saw a difference in. I was not comparing it to male circumcision. Sorry if I was not specific enough in my question. I know this is a hard subject to ask questions about.
    Why would they do that?

Hmm I wonder if they were doing it in the name of a certain ideology beginning with 'I' and ending in 'm'

It can to some degree. But that is not a bad thing for the pleasure of your mate who may not like the premature ejaculation. :P But it does not do it to the point of making sex not enjoyable. The nerves of the penis for sexual pleasure are not confined to the head of the penis. Ask men who have been circumcised if they can still enjoy sex. I am sure the great majority would say yes. And even in the cases of the rare ones who would say no, there more than likely are other problems causing the issue.
    i mean, i'm not saying it's going to stop all sensation, just reduce sensation. involuntarily getting it done is still wrong either way though, a baby can't even speak, and even if you wait until they're slightly older, they still have no say over their own lives.

i think it should only be elective, with a wait period to see if you actually want to go through with it or not.

It should be noted the victims traveled interstate just to get this procedure done. That's how much they (or rather, their parents more likely considering the age) wanted this. Those are the people to worry about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Why would they do that?
    I dont know exactly, but from the report I read that is what was done in this case.