Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Through out the thread most people and even Jaylock agree'd that things like t3 and sets that aren't available anymore shouldn't be there. No one is forcing you to spend money in the shop, you can get 99% of the things in game without paying a dime once you learn how to make the gold for tokens, giving people another option and Blizzard more revenue is a completely fine thing. Thing is, some people have no self control or hate Blizzard, so if a cash option is available they will apparently be forced to utilize it, and of course Blizzard is the devil so them trying to make money to make more games is just a horrible thing!
    It's not that I hate Blizzard. It's that I don't think I should have to pay extra for cosmetic stuff when I'm already paying a fee for each expansion AND each month I play. If WoW was a one time purchase like GW2, then I'd be more open to cosmetic stuff in the store.

I'm looking at this from a business model value proposition. Cosmetic stuff seems harmless, but it's actually pushing the boundaries of acceptable and sets an ugly precedent to charge for the expansion, the sub, AND extra on top of that.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-04-22 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No thanks. Don't like it.

If they put things like T3 or old non-obtainable items, it would be even worse then I am expecting.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Honest opinions and thoughts?
    Honest though? I am surprised this is coming from someone like who has been very vocal about prestige and exclusivity in the game.

I am guessing you do not have those, cannot get those, and so therefore is willingly to pay for them.

Where does this stop? If transmog is okay, then why not titles or even mounts? There too are cosmetics items in its own sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    The helms were a flop because of how the community treated people with them. People literally refused to invite them to dungeon groups or raids at the time if they had the helm (not all did this, but a good amount it made blues post in them).

If they did it with existing gear sets then the issue wouldn't be as bad because you wouldn't know if Joe bought his or farmed his so the backlash wouldn't be nonexistant.
    There is backlash for all sort of petty reasons, as shown by what you just described.
    Players do not need a good reason.

And there has been a similar backlash against pets and mounts.
    I am sure you are well aware of "TRH" (Celestial Steed), which did see players kicked from content also.
    Yet we saw more mounts and pets.

So far there has been the desire to differentiate them, in that there is some small prestige to having one earned in-game.
    As that is the only way it could be obtained.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I honestly wouldn't care if they added every single item in the game for money. 12 years old kid got 10000000 hours a week to play and well I got a ton of money. I'd buy what I want/need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    Honest though? I am surprised this is coming from someone like who has been very vocal about prestige and exclusivity in the game.

I am guessing you do not have those, cannot get those, and so therefore is willingly to pay for them.

Where does this stop? If transmog is okay, then why not titles or even mounts? There too are cosmetics items in its own sense.
    Did I say current expansion tier sets? Nope.

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Why come in to post if you are just going to insult the OP? Seems kind of silly if you ask me.

Do you think they should sell older tier sets for money?
    It's a fair question, if you're familiar with the o.p.'s post history.

OT: No.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Simple question for everyone here:

Would you be in favor of Blizzard adding "Transmog Packages" to the Cash Shop that allowed you to buy a complete set of Transmog Gear (a full set that can be learned and put into your transmog closet like the set you can learn from ToV, or the Shaman set from SOO)?

So basically maybe for $20 bucks, you could buy a full Tier 2 Paladin set. Or maybe if you just need specific pieces of the set, you could pay like $4-5 dollars each (so instead of paying 20 bucks for the full set when you only need 1 or 2 items).

Personally, I think this would be a great idea and I know I would probably buy some if they did this. You could still farm the gear from old raids and get it that way, but this would just be an added layer of convenience and it would also probably prompt people to buy some off the Cash Shop because they really want the look, but dont want to go hunting for it.

Honest opinions and thoughts?

Edit:

Here is the reason I see this as acceptable:

1) The sets are still obtainable in game through playing it normally

2) If people want to spend their money on a transmog set why would that be a negative?

3) How does it hurt other people to give this as an option for people who want to spend the money, especially since they arent buying raid gear, they are buying the raid gear LOOK.

There could be a transmog section of the in-game and online cash shop that could be filtered by class and it could have all the OLD tier set transmog looks for sale. I'm sure a lot of people would utilize it. I would probably be buying a few sets as well.
    I wouldn't purchase old sets, I rather take the time going back and doing the old content for it. It would be similar to boosting a 100 for $60, some people have more time, some have more money. However, I do not see blizzard implementing this because it would conflict with the reason they put out achievements that have people go back and do their old content for the sets.

Blizzard had tried the Cash-for-Transmorg Items a few years ago with the three Xmog Helms. And it got a bucket-load of backlash. Even though it was just a fun idea for anyone who had abit of money to spend, the general public was up in arms about it. "WoW has gone Pay-to-play!...blah blah blah"
    Now imagine how everyone will (over)react about actual Gear Sets?

I don't think Blizzard would ever bother, it probably wouldn't be worth the effort to implement.

I highly doubt the average player would be willing to pay more than their monthly sub for gear they can easily get by playing the game. It would make absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is it per ToS that we "only" get access to the game? We do get regular patches though - obviously in the case of the ICC and the BT patch I would expect that to be part of the box purchase, as Arthas and Illidan were selling points of the box. But for example SoO? Not so much
    But where do you draw the line, then? Start adding more and more additional, "optional", fees on top of the box price and subscription, and where does it end? What if Blizzard decided that ALL transmogs cost real money? It's cosmetic, and therefore doesn't actually effect gameplay, so it's ok, right? RIIIIiiiiight? I could very easily see a subtle switch from free xmogs, to xmogs that cost wow tokens so people wouldn't immediately see what was happening. Next thing you know Blizzard is putting all the 'best' xmog options in the cash shop.

7+ Year Old Account
    If it's just replicas for xmog that look like the sets, and not the actual gear, idgaf.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't think Blizzard would ever bother, it probably wouldn't be worth the effort to implement.

I highly doubt the average player would be willing to pay more than their monthly sub for gear they can easily get by playing the game. It would make absolutely no sense.
    I think you're greatly underestimating the willingness of people to throw money at a game they love. Why do you think F2P games even exist? Add the levels of fanaticism surrounding Blizzard products and why WOULDN'T you expect them to feed more money into the machine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    If it's just replicas for xmog that look like the sets, and not the actual gear, idgaf.
    And this is why businesses get away with predatory business practices: People not giving a fuck and never bothering to look at the larger ramifications.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

And this is why businesses get away with predatory business practices: People not giving a fuck and never bothering to look at the larger ramifications.
    Please do tell me why I should care if someone wants to pay extra to play dress-up. I'll tell you why I don't care: it doesn't affect me at all.

But please, elaborate on the ramifications.

Also, how exactly is it predatory to sell something in the cash shop that in no way affects a toon's endgame power?
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams

Please do tell me why I should care if someone wants to pay extra to play dress-up. I'll tell you why I don't care: it doesn't affect me at all.

But please, elaborate on the ramifications.

Also, how exactly is it predatory to sell something in the cash shop that in no way affects a toon's endgame power?
    You shouldn't care if someone wants to pay extra to play dress up.

You SHOULD care that a company would sell you a game, then charge you a subscription, then charge you even more for anything extra. Where does it stop?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You shouldn't care if someone wants to pay extra to play dress up.

You SHOULD care that a company would sell you a game, then charge you a subscription, then charge you even more for anything extra. Where does it stop?
    For me it stops at the sub, because I don't buy any of that extra stuff. If someone else wants to spend money on things that in no way increase character power, well, have at it I say.

The line for me would be when buying from the cash shop increases a toon's raw power at max level (gear, flasks, etc).

Deleted
    For me it stops at the sub, because I don't buy any of that extra stuff. If someone else wants to spend money on things that in no way increase character power, well, have at it I say.

The line for me would be when buying from the cash shop increases a toon's raw power at max level (gear, flasks, etc).
    But you can already buy raw power (gear, flasks, etc) via cash shop since you can buy gold with real money, and gold gives you all those things

WoW already functions like a free-to-play game, except it's not free. Dream come true for a corporation, and the consumers even defend it valiantly. Reminds me of Apple. But all kind of criticism is bad guys stop whining lol

And when Blizzard decides that ALL transmog uses gold tokens because it's only cosmetic, and doesn't effect actual power? Oh...what's that? You want to use a different mount...sorry, that costs extra too. Only cosmetic you know! Doesn't actually work any different. Wait...you want to change your hair style? $$$$ Hmm...what else can we monetize that doesn't actually effect gameplay? I know...toolbars. Sorry, you can't move those or use addons without paying.

Do you see what I'm talking about now? At what point does it become all the worst parts of a F2P model while still charging for the game plus the subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    But you can already buy raw power (gear, flasks, etc) via cash shop since you can buy gold with real money, and gold gives you all those things

WoW already functions like a free-to-play game, except it's not free. Dream come true for a corporation, and the consumers even defend it valiantly. Reminds me of Apple. But all kind of criticism is bad guys stop whining lol
    Yeah, and I'm kind of on the fence about the whole gold-selling thing. Mainly it's only acceptable because it would happen anyway through 3rd party sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    On your long list of dog shit ideas this is pushing for a top 10 spot.
    This, exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Alternate accounts are not allowed. Why would Jay have one and risk a perma ban?
    I'm honestly sure that you're his second account, otherwise it's amazing how you snipe all of his posts and try to get his attention. Also, you forgot to start with "You know me, Jay".
    Last edited by munken; 2017-04-23 at 12:59 AM.