Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

Trump OKs DACA Amnesty: ‘This Is a Case of Heart’

Illegal aliens who crossed the border as children don’t have to worry about being sent home, President Donald Trump told the Associated Press in a Friday interview.
    Illegals enrolled in the President Barack Obama’s “Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals” DACA program can “rest easy,” Trump said, because “this is a case of heart.”

Federal enforcement agencies are “not [going] after the ‘dreamers,’ we are after the criminals,” he said, using the Democrats’ ‘dreamer’ euphemism for young illegal immigrants. “That is our policy,” he added.

The Friday comments confirm Trump’s reversal of his 2016 campaign promise to stop the DACA quasi-amnesty created by Obama during his 2012 reelection campaign. He created the program in 2012 by telling his immigration enforcement officers to provide young illegals with free work permits instead of repatriation orders. The program has allowed at least 770,000 illegal immigrants to find jobs in major U.S. cities, even though tens of millions of Americans outside the cities are unemployed or have given up trying to find work.

Since his inauguration, Trump’s deputies at the Department of Homeland Security have awarded new work permits to illegals who claim they arrived before age 16, despite Trump’s “Buy American, Hire American” slogan.
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...can-rest-easy/

Breitbarters seem angry about this

I can almost hear the spurred butt clenching.

lol I wonder when construction on the wall starts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever his motivations behind this pivot, good on him as there were far more problems both ethical and economical with trying to get rid of children who had been born and raised here.

Have to add in I am really enjoying the salt mines being excavated on the Breitbart comment section lol.
    Last edited by Dr Assbandit; 2017-04-22 at 06:05 AM.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

This is a good thing.

But yeah, time to get some popcorn ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This is a good thing.

But yeah, time to get some popcorn ready.
    oh yeah, credit where it's due, but god damn is this hilarious to see.

I'm kind of surprised to see a statement like this come from him. Maybe he's starting to realize that a hardball attitude 100% of the time on 100% of topics isn't the best way to maintain a presidency?

No popcorn needed, as his fans will simply excuse anything he does as 'the plan all along', etc.

And yes, this particular move is a good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    So is Trump's new shtick being a poor white working class man's version of Obama?
    I really don't know what he is anymore. Maybe he's trying to break the Guiness record for pissing off the most people possible all over the world, including his voters.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I'm kind of surprised to see a statement like this come from him. Maybe he's starting to realize that a hardball attitude 100% of the time on 100% of topics isn't the best way to maintain a presidency?
    I'm thinking there's a strain of "a couple hundred photographically-documented stories of children being arrested and forcibly shipped to another country would be too much fuel for the democrats to capitalize on" going on here.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

wtf i hate trump now

Another day another flip flop, no suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    oh yeah, credit where it's due, but god damn is this hilarious to see.
    That's the beauty of this presidency. During the campaign, he basically promised himself into a hole. So either he does what he says and it ends up screwing people he voted for, or he doesn't do what he says and pisses them off.

Either way it's funny in a depressing sort of way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

7+ Year Old Account
    This is a fucking outrage!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I'm thinking there's a strain of "a couple hundred photographically-documented stories of children being arrested and forcibly shipped to another country would be too much fuel for the democrats to capitalize on" going on here.
    Sure, but whatever the reason at least it's a positive outcome for once.

Far as I know there are still 11 million+ illegal immigrants still living in the US. Seems they are only deporting illegal aliens who commit crimes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Far as I know there are still 11 million+ illegal immigrants still living in the US. Seems they are only deporting illegal aliens who commit crimes.
    But i thought being an illegal alien, was the crime?

This is what Trump planned all along, he was clear he wanted criminals out of the country and that's what he's doing.

OR

Well do you want all those factories to close down because they can't run, if lazy welfare drug addled unemployed can't do it then they need workers, or do you hate American made products.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    But i thought being an illegal alien, was the crime?
    It is a crime, yeah don't look at the logic of it too closely.

We should do something to make these 11 million legal, some kind of worker visa or something. I mean if Trump can't even deport them...

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Appears Trump can do something good after all.