Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    this is almost democrat....what the fuck
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

We will immediately terminate President Obama’s two illegal executive amnesties, in which he defied federal law and the constitution to give amnesty to approximately 5 million illegal immigrants.

Hillary Clinton has pledged to keep both of these illegal amnesty programs – including the 2014 amnesty which has been blocked by the Supreme Court. Clinton has also pledged to add a third executive amnesty.

Clinton’s plan would trigger a Constitutional Crisis unlike almost anything we have ever seen before. In effect, she would be abolishing the lawmaking powers of Congress in order to write her own laws from the Oval Office.

In a Trump Administration, all immigration laws will be enforced. As with any law enforcement activity, we will set priorities. But, unlike this Administration, no one will be immune or exempt from enforcement – and ICE and Border Patrol officers will be allowed to do their jobs. Anyone who has entered the United States illegally is subject to deportation – that is what it means to have laws and to have a country.
    https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-r...on-immigration

Kek.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Whatever his motivations behind this pivot, good on him as there were far more problems both ethical and economical with trying to get rid of children who had been born and raised here.
    Assuming he had any intention of doing it in the first place and he wasn't just cynically using the right wing extremists for their votes.

Who can tell with a man who lies like he breathes?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Appears Trump can do something good after all.
    You mean not deliver his campaign promises?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Far as I know there are still 11 million+ illegal immigrants still living in the US. Seems they are only deporting illegal aliens who commit crimes.
    Which is business as usual. Obama deported more than any previous President, including but not limited to those that committed crimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I'm kind of surprised to see a statement like this come from him. Maybe he's starting to realize that a hardball attitude 100% of the time on 100% of topics isn't the best way to maintain a presidency?
    Naw, this is just one of the 5-6 different positions he's held on illegal immigrants over the past year.

By next month I full expect him to be advocating for mass deportation of all illegals without exception.

Followed by calls to allow those that have lived here peacefull and put down roots, folks who are integrated into community without criminal records, to remain while only going after "bad hombres".

Followed by some whole new position!

Glad he's (currently) of this opinion, and hope it lasts for longer than a week or two.

Just think if the democrats backed someone better than hillary than there would be no donald trump as president.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Naw, this is just one of the 5-6 different positions he's held on illegal immigrants over the past year.

By next month I full expect him to be advocating for mass deportation of all illegals without exception.

Followed by calls to allow those that have lived here peacefull and put down roots, folks who are integrated into community without criminal records, to remain while only going after "bad hombres".

Followed by some whole new position!

Glad he's (currently) of this opinion, and hope it lasts for longer than a week or two.
    Sure if there is no broad commitment to securing the border once and for all he should. Like all the dickholes from when reagan was president that didn't become citizens from the amnesty would be the first on my list to go back to wherever they were before the US. There has to be a greater commitment than just we will stay here and work without becoming citizens.
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-04-22 at 07:16 AM.

Aaaaand, Hillary enters the conversation, somehow.

Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

A rough week for Ann Coulter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Wait, you're saying they should deport people who have been here for 40+ years?
    absolutely, if they refused to be citizens then what is the point? we can get people on temp visas to replace those people if we want people here for extended period just to work. except every 6 months or so we can replace or rehire that person.

If they haven't committed any crimes, then what is the point in deporting them?

You think only people who are citizens should live here?
    I want people here for extended periods to commit to becoming citizens. Yes! Can't do it in 40+ years then go back. You obviously like that country more. Actually secure the border with a real commitment then naturalize the ones we have now idc. They don't want it then bye Felicia!
    Last edited by Barnabas; 2017-04-22 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    I want people here for extended periods to commit to becoming citizens. Yes! Can't do it in 40+ years then go back. You obviously like that country more. Actually secure the border with a real commitment then naturalize the ones we have now idc. They don't want it then bye Felicia!
    If you have the choice between reliably remaining here without applying for citizenship and are confident you can do so without getting caught, I'd imagine it's a hard decision to then undertake the legal method of citizenship knowing there's a chance you'll be denied and that you're now on record and it'll be much, much harder to remain.

I think people that are established here illegally might feel it's not worth the chance that they wouldn't make the cut, and would rather stay here permanently under the radar -- and especially in our current political climate, can you really blame them? Not to mention those that have to worry about their children and not just themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    No popcorn needed, as his fans will simply excuse anything he does as 'the plan all along', etc.

And yes, this particular move is a good one.
    Took a peak at Breitbart's comments, looks like a few of them are tearing each other apart. I'm more curious on what the usual posters will come up with as an excuse.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    If you have the choice between reliably remaining here without applying for citizenship and are confident you can do so without getting caught, I'd imagine it's a hard decision to then undertake the legal method of citizenship knowing there's a chance you'll be denied and that you're now on record and it'll be much, much harder to remain.

I think people that are established here illegally might feel it's not worth the chance that they wouldn't make the cut, and would rather stay here permanently under the radar -- and especially in our current political climate, can you really blame them? Not to mention those that have to worry about their children and not just themselves.
    Thats their problem. Plenty of people come here and become citizens. If we secure the border then people no longer have to be afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    Thats their problem. Plenty of people come here and become citizens. If we secure the border then people no longer have to be afraid.
    I'm not saying it isn't. I'm just saying it's an understandable dilemma and that it's not always as simple as "they're just lazy" or "they just don't feel like dealing with it". When you have your entire family to worry about it's, sometimes, a genuine matter of risk assessment.

I'm not really sure what the border comment has to do with anything or how that would do anything to change the situation we're discussing.

"Hey Democrats...I just did that thing for Mexican kids...will you give me money for my wall now?"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    So long as they are not on government assistance, would be able to remain as such if/when their illegal parents are returned to their home country, have no criminal records, are not members of any gangs, and are capable of speaking English, I have little problems with this.

However, they should have no bearing on the status of their parents.

I look forward to all the Trumpsters opinion of this. Especially the ones saying people born of illegal immigrants shouldn't be citizens.
    Trump really only wants to eliminate the dangerous criminals, I don't understand why so many of these sanctuary cities want to protect violent cartel members.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Once again America is a beacon of progressiveness. I wish I could say the same thing about Canada.

I'm not particularly surprised. The positions one would expect Trump to hold after observing Trump over the last couple decades instead just the last few months are the positions of the political moderate. He likes gays, he likes Jews, he doesn't care particularly much about immigration. He's bumbling around pretty aimlessly and going by idiotic gut feelings and the thing that someone must have put in front of him most recently must have convinced him that he was totally being mean to innocent people or something.

I look forward to all the Trumpsters opinion of this. Especially the ones saying people born of illegal immigrants shouldn't be citizens.
    Difference between anchor babies keeping parents here and anchor babies and the children illegal parents bring being kept here. Parents shouldn't be able to stay.

10+ Year Old Account
    And then they said, "Donnie always held that opinion!"

Resident Cosplay Progressive

15+ Year Old Account
    Whoa but i thought he was a white supremacists nazi facist racist sexist bigot islamaphopic anti semitic homophobic transphobic alt right fundamentialist right wing conservative monster?
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-04-22 at 06:34 PM.