Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    He's going to become a paladin because this is Blizzard we're talking about.

They're hammered it into our heads repeatedly that Anduin just isn't good at physical combat, so naturally being Blizzard they're just going to handwave that and ignore it. They've also been on some kick lately between the shit like Delas Moonfang and paladins coming to the rescue of priests that paladins are just superior to priests and there's no reason for any Light-wielder not to be a paladin.

By all logical reasoning he shouldn't become a paladin and the only evidence supporting him becoming one is picking up his father's sword, but again this is Blizzard. A company whose writers mainly grew up on comic books and other garbage notorious for ignoring logic and going with whatever looks cool. So yea, he'll be a paladin.

Or he is becoming the ultimate light-wielder who is not confined to the classes as we players are. He could use any ability light related from power word:shield to judgement.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-04-21 at 07:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Isn't he a priest, though?
    A great many Paladins started as Priests, Uther was a Cleric (Priests in Warcraft were often called Clerics back in the RTS days) before becoming a Paladin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    With Anduin somehow reawakening and infusing part of Shalamayne with Light I'm also beginning to think Paladin may be in his future
    And that's how Ret Paladins will learn how to dual wield
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-04-21 at 05:26 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I see Anduin growing up like a normal Human. Visions of Grandeur in their early years until they understand how the world works and it requires getting dirty. He has more focus and resolve now than he did in MoP, which will need to be progressed before he's a bad ass like Varian. If in the next patch he's owning countless demons with no effort, I'll call bs. For now, I can't wait to see how he evolves.

And here I was just hoping that priests will finally be able to wield 1h swords...

I think Anduin will become a paladin.. after watching Delas do it earlier, it's a thing they can do I guess!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Arthas was strong paladin, but he failed and became the thing he was fighting against. Tempted by the evil forces he succumbed. I think that Anduin won't do that.

I know that's Arthas from "alternate Azeroth", but would like to see Anduin becoming the one that Arthas was meant to be - strong paladin and true king of Azeroth(not the planet, the continent from Wc3 aka Eastern Kingdoms).
    This aint arthas man this is his father King Terenas Menethil II <.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erbel View Post
    He's going to become a paladin because this is Blizzard we're talking about.

They're hammered it into our heads repeatedly that Anduin just isn't good at physical combat, so naturally being Blizzard they're just going to handwave that and ignore it. They've also been on some kick lately between the shit like Delas Moonfang and paladins coming to the rescue of priests that paladins are just superior to priests and there's no reason for any Light-wielder not to be a paladin.

By all logical reasoning he shouldn't become a paladin and the only evidence supporting him becoming one is picking up his father's sword, but again this is Blizzard. A company whose writers mainly grew up on comic books and other garbage notorious for ignoring logic and going with whatever looks cool. So yea, he'll be a paladin.
    He doesn't need to be a good physical combatant to be a Holy Paladin. Not all Paladins are Retribution like Tirion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    He doesn't need to be a good physical combatant to be a Holy Paladin. Not all Paladins are Retribution like Tirion.
    Specialization lines are blurred in lore. Turalyon used mostly a mace and a shield in the 2nd war and he had no problem picking up a 2h sword. There's no paladin who is not good in physical combat. It's the essence of the class. "Holy Paladins" are also good in melee in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Isn't he a priest, though?
    He picked up the sword. Now, it may be that he just wants to decorate the wall with his father's memento, but on the other hand he might be pondering of wielding it himself. In which case, it would be useless to him as a priest. I see Anduin respecing into Protection as a Paladin. That shield Varian is using in HotS seems like a good indicator why.

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    Wrong. Terenas never joined the Paladin order of Silver Hand.
    And here's the link to the original art:
    http://pulyx.deviantart.com/art/Worl...thil-163780113
    Last edited by Astalnar; 2017-04-22 at 07:23 AM.

You can see that the old Anduin in the comic wears clothes not plate except the shoulderpads.

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    This is Arthas. Check out the DeviantArt page of the artist. Terenas never was a paladin.
    http://pulyx.deviantart.com/art/Worl...thil-163780113

Arthas is, was and will always have been a spoiled brat who gave in to rage and vengeance over compassion, justice and thoughtfulness.

His descent is one of pure hubris, only HE could save his people and if he couldn't save them he'd destroy them for better to die by his hand than become undead beasts. His eventual taking up of Frostmourne and leading the Scourge is a personification of his misplaced rage as influenced by the Ner'Zhul LK where it was all directed at the Dread Lords and the final bit of hubris. That no matter how far he falls he would be king, it was his right.

Whereas Anduin is thoughtful, kind, merciful. He seeks compromise whenever possible but will stand up for what he believes is right and will put his life on the line to save not only his people but the people of his enemy.

To compare the two as equals or to say their paths were much the same is complete folly. Anduin is a much better person and much better king/prince than Arthas ever was. Anduin has had more seasoning and has a stronger core of ethics, values and compassionate pride than Arthas ever did.

Deleted
    Isn't the Story of Arthas more like bad luck, the Sword you grabbed is a trap?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Arthas is, was and will always have been a spoiled brat who gave in to rage and vengeance over compassion, justice and thoughtfulness.

His descent is one of pure hubris, only HE could save his people and if he couldn't save them he'd destroy them for better to die by his hand than become undead beasts. His eventual taking up of Frostmourne and leading the Scourge is a personification of his misplaced rage as influenced by the Ner'Zhul LK where it was all directed at the Dread Lords and the final bit of hubris. That no matter how far he falls he would be king, it was his right.

Whereas Anduin is thoughtful, kind, merciful. He seeks compromise whenever possible but will stand up for what he believes is right and will put his life on the line to save not only his people but the people of his enemy.

To compare the two as equals or to say their paths were much the same is complete folly. Anduin is a much better person and much better king/prince than Arthas ever was. Anduin has had more seasoning and has a stronger core of ethics, values and compassionate pride than Arthas ever did.
    This. Arthas was not as good as Anduin as a person. Arthas was always overzealous and entitled but also insecure inside. He was too eager to prove himself. Not unlike Illidan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Nah, Arthas had all the qualities ready to be corrupted in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You can see that the old Anduin in the comic wears clothes not plate except the shoulderpads.
    Yeah, but who wears plate armor when they're just sitting around?

Oh... right...

Deleted
    Nah, Arthas had all the qualities ready to be corrupted in the first place.
    I don't know. Not really. He was rather emotional, but what do we define as qualities to be corrupted? Everything that makes you a human? Because when I think about the characters that lack the qualities to be corrupted, I can only think of the most shallow and one-dimensional ones. Tirion Fordring, Anduin Wrynn, Thrall, Characters that are mere Hero Fantasies. Otherwise it was bad luck, he grapped the wrong sword, believing it was for some better cause. It is not like he did the conscious decission to become evil and sacrifice all his friends, like for example Griffith did, who had every choice in his hands. Either he grabs the weapon, safes the rest of his men and gets his weapon or don't do it and everyone dies.

Deleted
    Specialization lines are blurred in lore. Turalyon used mostly a mace and a shield in the 2nd war and he had no problem picking up a 2h sword. There's no paladin who is not good in physical combat. It's the essence of the class. "Holy Paladins" are also good in melee in lore.
    They aren't that blurred. The majority of the lore paladins are clearly retribution, you don't see them either being a bulwarth of the forces or stand behind supporting their allies.

- - - Updated - - -

No. The story of Arthas is of an arrogant spitful brat that considered himself the powerful "savior" of his people. That's why he was hand-picked by Ner'zhul.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    No. The story of Arthas is of an arrogant spitful brat that considered himself the powerful "savior" of his people. That's why he was hand-picked by Ner'zhul.
    So...

Lichking Thrall confirmed?

I don't know. Not really. He was rather emotional, but what do we define as qualities to be corrupted? Everything that makes you a human? Because when I think about the characters that lack the qualities to be corrupted, I can only think of the most shallow and one-dimensional ones. Tirion Fordring, Anduin Wrynn, Thrall, Characters that are mere Hero Fantasies. Otherwise it was bad luck, he grapped the wrong sword, believing it was for some better cause. It is not like he did the conscious decission to become evil and sacrifice all his friends, like for example Griffith did, who had every choice in his hands. Either he grabs the weapon, safes the rest of his men and gets his weapon or don't do it and everyone dies.
    ์No. It's not what makes you human. The qualities I am talking about is the tendency for extremeness, lack of restraint and obsession. He pursued Mal'ganis out of vengence. At that point, it was not about his people anymore. It turned into obsession even before he picked up the sword. Like Aristotle said, virtue lies between two vices.

I don't see good-natured character as one-dimensional. Anduin certainly is not one.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't that blurred. The majority of the lore paladins are clearly retribution, you don't see them either being a bulwarth of the forces or stand behind supporting their allies.
    No, most lore paladins do everything from protecting,killing to healing. Uther did all of those things. You can't really say one paladin is a "ret pala" in lore because he swings around 2h weapon to kill stuff. There's no paladin who stand back and heal all the time in lore. The essence of the order is holy warrior. Uther supported his allies while he was smashing orcs's skulls.

Deleted
    ์No. It's not what makes you human. The qualities I am talking about is the tendency for extremeness, lack of restraint and obsession. He pursued Mal'ganis out of vengence. At that point, it was not about his people anymore. It turned into obsession even before he picked up the sword. Like Aristotle said, virtue lies between two vices.

I don't see good-natured character as one-dimensional. Anduin certainly is not one.
    Than explain me what personal flaws and negative sides he has, that are not in a way represented that they make him a better or more perfect person?

And is the WoW community not immersing to much into a rather flawed storyline, so that they don't see the double-standarts of Blizz Storytelling anymore? Like, when the Death Knights or the Demon Hunters do evil stuff and are all about vengeance and obsession, its somehow good, when a Paladin does it, it is evil and will end in him becoming a villain for the sake for shallow moral lections. After all, there was a demonic entity that was mass murdering humans and raised them as undeads. Nobody outside of him did shit stopping him. He was the only one who did something against this. And in the end, what corrupted him was not his vengeance, but a blade he grabbed without knowing what it does. It would have done the same if Anduin grabbed Frostmourne. Or if Thrall did it. Or Tirion.