Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Increase movement speed of ground mounts on the roads by a large margin.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Increase movement speed of ground mounts on the roads by a large margin.
    I like this idea, better than the dazed bs

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yes it is. It's a game and it's supposed to be fun.
    And instantly getting to ANY destination whilst avoiding ALL mobs AND players is kind counterproductive to the idea of fun. That's why flying does indeed suck.

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeexbean View Post
    I dont know how you could be against it. you have 100% speed right now or 120% speed probably. what if you have an action bar button that increased your mount speed by 50% for a few seconds u wouldnt take it? its all gain
    I'd rather take no daze than a speed boost. Daze is the single reason I use flying where I can, not because it's faster, not because it's more efficient to fly over the mountain. I fly because it means I don't get first-hit dazed every fucking time by some petty little shit stain mob that gets one shotted by sneezing in it's general direction.

Daze is an outdated mechanic, it shouldn't exist. Tanks are also immune by default because of dungeon mechanics, it's also why I levelled as a tank where available (AoE grinding too, but hey).

However, a few years ago before the WoD launch someone went to a great deal of effort to create a system where you levelled your mounts and they brought different benefits to the table. I'm all for a mount overhaul, but unless no-daze is a part of it I'm not interested in the slightest.

OT: i like your idea OP, I mean even IRL you can make your horse gallop or clear an obstacle, i don't see why we shouldn't have that in game. Actually I wouldn't mind if we got a new action bar whilst we're mounted with a number of abilities that you could learn like gallop, some class specific mounted attack, mount jump, etc. Would give another system for character progression.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nero Stormchester View Post
    I mean even IRL you can make your horse gallop or clear an obstacle, i don't see why we shouldn't have that in game.
    Default runspeed IS gallop. And you clear obstacles by jumping them.
    Last edited by mmoc4ce4b1614a; 2017-04-22 at 10:58 AM.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i rather have the ability to fight while riding a mount in outdoor content

why cant we have our cavalry moments ? wod nagrand was awesome

Drop the dazed mechanic as others have said. It's particularly notable that Dazed is already gone for tanks, if they can drop it for tanks then they can drop it for DPS and healers while mounted. It's an outdated mechanic that served a game that WoW is not anymore, the world has no danger and as such there's no reason to knock people off of mounts so they have to two-shot some trivial mobs.

I'd also like to see a minor increase in speed to ground mounts. The Pandora's Box of flying mounts exists and cannot be taken back, you can't give people this blazing speed and then a three times slower and more restricted method of movement and then expect them to be okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Default runspeed IS gallop. And you clear obstacles by jumping them.
    It's not >.< it goes - walk, trot, canter , gallop. Get ur facts straight.

Ways to improve ground mounts? Well...for starters ALL mounts really need to be converted over to the vehicle system before they can really do very much beyond making them go faster or slower.

Without changing mounts into vehicles, what is there that can really be done:

Make them faster.
    Waterwalking.
    Allow you to stay mounted in combat.
    Take less falling damage.
    Slowfall
    Doublejump
    Gliding(maybe?)
    Prevent daze(they already do this with the barding consumable)
    Maybe give some other buff to damage, or armor or something while mounted?

But, if they convert mounts over to the vehicle mechanics...well then...you could make mounts do almost anything. Blizzard could give different types of mounts different abilities similar to how hunter pets work, or they could make up new abilities from complete scratch. Since vehicles use their own hotbar, the abilities mounts would get could have their own independent cooldowns. There's virtually no limit to the amount of cool stuff they could add to mounts.

This could also go a long way to mitigate the complaints about having to choose flight when it's available because no other choice makes sense. But if some ground mounts had really cool abilities, then there would be a real choice to make. And if they switched flying mounts to also be vehicles, then that could also go a long way to reigning in the OP-ness of them, and allow for flight to fit into Blizzard's open world design philosophy a little more easily.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-04-22 at 11:06 AM.

Ideas to improve ground mounts?
    Make them flying mounts.

Deleted
    It's not >.< it goes - walk, trot, canter , gallop. Get ur facts straight.
    We don't have 4 speeds in WoW, so it's Walk and Gallop.

you just need one simple thing to give ground mounts a reason: a dangerous world.

instead of just annoying brainless aoe grind down a pack of mobs that unmount you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    We don't have 4 speeds in WoW, so it's Walk and Gallop.
    Fair enough , right now you're right. That doesn't mean they couldnt adjust the animations to walk and canter , and then gallop on special key. The mount speeds would remain the same.

And instantly getting to ANY destination whilst avoiding ALL mobs AND players is kind counterproductive to the idea of fun. That's why flying does indeed suck.
    But flying is an option.
    You can still wade through hordes of pointless mobs if you feel like it.

It needs to be an option though. It's one of WoWs main features and a big reason a lot of us play.

10+ Year Old Account
    #1 I do like the idea of roads increasing your mount speed.

Right now the Sky-golem/Water Strider are objectively superior mounts due to their added passive abilities. I want the ability to customise our mounts with a glyph-like system in order to bring the everything else up to par.

Want to get to the next quest hub ASAP? Summon your drake with the "+20% speed" glyph.
    Doing a pickup quest? Use your motorcycle with the "can interact while mounted" glyph.
    Doing a combat quest? Use your warhorse with the "can fight while mounted" glyph.
    Mining? Use your rooster with the "can mine while mounted" glyph.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Get rid of the Dazed effect.
    But muh vanilla immersion

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose they could add different classifications of mounts, then have them have bonuses depending where using such a mount would make sense. For example one group would have higher speed while walking on a road, one group could have a bonus when walking in a swamp etc. Kinda like water walking mounts are their own group already with a bonus when used on water

Deleted
    You mean like Archage

Personally I am against it, the WoW engine just isn't built around making it feel interactive and it would be annoying having to press a button every 10 seconds

Remove the CRAPPY daze.
    Mount while in combat in PVE only.