Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Wowpedia is prefered
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Yogg-Saron

Says pretty much the same thing. Title: The God of Death. Yogg-Saron even created the Curse of Flesh, thus allowing things created by the Titans to essentially die i.e. Humans, Dwarves, Gnomes, Giants, Troggs, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncroniam View Post
    So if you check the Chronicles Warcraft Universe structure it has Light, Shadow, Life, Order, Disorder and Death. For Light its the Prime Naarus, Shadow is the Void Lords, Life is Elune, Order is Aman'thul and Disorder is Sargeras, but for that Death thing we dont know.

I dont think its the Lich King because he is just in Azeroth and can't represent death in the entire universe. Also when Arthas died he said ''i see only darkness'' and its mentioned that he has gone to ''Hell'' also known as ''The Dark Below'' which is its own realm in the univese so that means that there is a far stronger entity than the Lich King that is like the Grim Reaper/Angel of Death and represents death alltogether. This type of hell is most likely not the demons/fire fantasy because we already have that in the Burning Legion/Disorder which is a different thing, its more like a shadowy realm with different type of daemons/undead/lost souls etc. http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Hell/http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dark_Below

This also means that we could get another expansion focused on Lich King/Arthas in that Dark Below place redeeming himself and taking the fight to whoever is the leader of the Death realm

Void Lords appear to be a bigger threat, than Sargeras/Burning Legion and two years ago, he hadn't even heard about them..

It's entirely possible, that Death Realm is an even bigger threat than Void Lords, we just don't know about them yet..

One thing is 100% certain, Arthas was a piss ant, compared to Burning Legion and is not leading ANYTHING worth mentioning on a grander scale. He was a weak pet-puppet of Kil'jaeden, nothing more..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Void Lords appear to be a bigger threat, than Sargeras/Burning Legion and two years ago, he hadn't even heard about them..
    other than old gods what else void lords has done to be as a threat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    We don't know much about them yet..
    But if they can create something as powerfully as OGs, you can rest assured, that they didn't stop there..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    So there's literally a hell in the Warcraft universe now? The lore is getting out of hand. Why does every character have to be revived three times, and then carry on in the afterlife? Let characters die damnit, the power levels are already inflated, don't add another layer with this hell thing

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Lol no it wasent. The most epic yes. But there was ton ton ton much more difficult fights. Mythic archi and manno. As well as mythic guldab. Chtun before his 50 nerfs
    Lmao stop it. Archimonde was nowhere near the level of difficulty of The LK. I can't believe you even said something like that. You had 10+ years of raid bosses and you mention a boss like Archimonde from WoD.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Lmao stop it. Archimonde was nowhere near the level of difficulty of The LK.
    Yeah, Archimonde was way more difficult - although I don't think that's what you meant. Heroic Lich King wasn't easy, but a big part of his difficulty was just the limited attempts mechanic so guilds couldn't put as many attempts as they want into him. H-LK took Paragon around 3-4 lockouts with 170 attempts, while M-Archimonde took Method 472. Given that players have been getting better with the game and making better uses of WA / customized boss mods and Archimonde still took more than 2.5 times of attempts, I'm not sure how anyone would say LK was harder, unless you are talking about LFR Archimonde vs Normal LK-25 or something.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-04-19 at 01:55 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

The Void. That's were all things who are touched by darkness go when they finally die.

Quote Originally Posted by vipers View Post
    the mere thought of them, created the Legion which led to the death of the Pantheon and death of most of the universe. Not many people want to agree, cause they think Sargeras is still the final baddie, but I like to think the Void Lords set in motion the creation of the Legion and fall of Sargeras to weaken the Universe for them to breach. The Army of Light which will be the final defense against the Void lost 1000's of worlds and the pantheon to help it.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    We don't know much about them yet..
    But if they can create something as powerfully as OGs, you can rest assured, that they didn't stop there..
    thats the point that there was been no threat other than they created old gods and thats it

Well each race has different religions I think Draenei Worship the Naaru. while Vrykul worship Odyn. and the halls of valor.

Probably it is some powerful entity on par with the void lord/sargeras/naaru/elune etc. I won't be surprised if now that the LK seem to be back on more friendly manner and seem to be free from the old legion/nerz'ul/arthas scheme the death camp come back and the shadowlands play a role in the future we already have some pesky non affiliated necros messing around.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

10+ Year Old Account
    From how it looks, there probably isn't one. Their are representatives of the powers that be, but they are not the core of those spectrums, they just use the power of it and become strong.
    You could argue the lich king and yogg were representatives of those powers, yogg being the old God of death, but even gods and titans are just wielders of those powers.

When I think of how marvel do it, they have mistress death, Deadpools squeeze and the avatar of death itself, the only one more powerful then her is the one above all. In blizzard, they don't seem to have entities like that, the titans themselves just seem on a level like the living tribunal
    Last edited by Trassk; 2017-04-20 at 01:10 PM.
    #boycottchina

Lmao stop it. Archimonde was nowhere near the level of difficulty of The LK. I can't believe you even said something like that. You had 10+ years of raid bosses and you mention a boss like Archimonde from WoD.
    The LK Is nowhere near the lvl of Pre-nerf C'thun...

So...HAH!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    The LK Is nowhere near the lvl of Pre-nerf C'thun...

So...HAH!
    No shit, because he was tuned improperly. You going to mention M'uru next?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Yeah, Archimonde was way more difficult - although I don't think that's what you meant. Heroic Lich King wasn't easy, but a big part of his difficulty was just the limited attempts mechanic so guilds couldn't put as many attempts as they want into him. H-LK took Paragon around 3-4 lockouts with 170 attempts, while M-Archimonde took Method 472. Given that players have been getting better with the game and making better uses of WA / customized boss mods and Archimonde still took more than 2.5 times of attempts, I'm not sure how anyone would say LK was harder, unless you are talking about LFR Archimonde vs Normal LK-25 or something.
    Here, I'll explain it easily. Archimonde, you could wipe endlessly. You could spend every waking moment doing him, until you got it down. Attempt #s aren't the end-all measure of a raid bosses' difficulty. LK was downed by one entire guild in a total of 4 weeks or so of being available, and he was downed by arguably the greatest guild in the history of wow. It took other guilds weeks/months to kill him, meanwhile Archimonde lasted what, a week? And then how many guilds killed him in the first month, compared to how many killed LK? Point being, there are more measures than just "boss attempts"
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    I love how you continuosly try to turn your assumptions into facts.

Illidan returning has no bearing on how likely it is for Arthas to come back, and it made way more sense for Illidan since his story was handled terribly in BC.

Also, what is this "death realm" you keep referring to? I've only heard of the shadowlands as the placce undead go when they die.
    Have you done the DK Artifact? Bolvar is going cray cray.

- - - Updated - - -

No shit, because he was tuned improperly. You going to mention M'uru next?

- - - Updated - - -

Here, I'll explain it easily. Archimonde, you could wipe endlessly. You could spend every waking moment doing him, until you got it down. Attempt #s aren't the end-all measure of a raid bosses' difficulty. LK was downed by one entire guild in a total of 4 weeks or so of being available, and he was downed by arguably the greatest guild in the history of wow. It took other guilds weeks/months to kill him, meanwhile Archimonde lasted what, a week? And then how many guilds killed him in the first month, compared to how many killed LK? Point being, there are more measures than just "boss attempts"
    Paragon was also one of the few/only guilds iirc using alts to learn the fight so they didn't waste attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyalo View Post
    Have you done the DK Artifact? Bolvar is going cray cray.
    I have. How is that relevant to what I said?

Amount of attempt taken is widely considered the best measure of a boss' difficulty in WoW, though. LK didn't take Paragon 4 weeks to kill because it was a difficult encounter, but because of the limited amount of attempt. That isn't part of the encounter's mechanics, so you can't really argue that LK is more difficult. It is relatively easy (compared to, for example, Archimonde), just that Blizzard didn't allow guilds to use all of their strength / efforts on it. Otherwise, if we are judging an encounter's difficulty by how long it took to kill the boss, we may as well say that Vanilla MC bosses or Onyxia - all were very easy compared to bosses nowadays - were some of the hardest encounters in WoW since they all took from a week to 2 (Onyxia) - 3 months (Rag) to be killed. Yet, you'd have a hard time finding anyone who claims so.

Just imagine it - if Blizzard limited us to less than 40 attempts per week on Archimonde (LK was first killed when the maximum amount of attempt was 35), it'd have taken around 6-10 weeks for Method to get him down (472 would have been ~12 weeks, but the gear gained during them would have helped).
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-04-22 at 03:42 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    I have. How is that relevant to what I said?
    I believe Bolvar is being setup/positioned to be an expansion boss at some point.

Unless you were referring to 'Arthas' intentionally rather than the 'Lich King' (who changes).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Just imagine it - if Blizzard limited us to less than 40 attempts per week on Archimonde (LK was first killed when the maximum amount of attempt was 35), it'd have taken around 6-10 weeks for Method to get him down (472 would have been ~12 weeks, but the gear gained during them would have helped).
    No it wouldn't, guilds would just burn attempts on alts to learn it. Yes progress time would be increased by not completely linearly like that.

(Eg on 10 boss raid, 40 attempts on end boss)

You'd clear 9/10 on mains, burn through as many full sets of alts to learn the fight. Then try your final 40 attempts with most knowledge.

On an average top5 guild with 4 full extra raids of alts. That's an extra 160 wipes. Yes if there was a DPS check you wouldn't be able to see past that due to gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yogg-Saron, God of Death.