Coming from Frost DK which War spec ?

I currently have a 892 Frost DK, that I am not really digging right now. I just can't get comfortable with the BoS style, just not my thing. I much preferred Machine Gun back in early Legion, but now that's low damage outdated style today, and the Sin build is the only way, but I am tired of it, and don't like it. I still find the MG build a 100 times more FUN, but I know the dps of MG is just shit, and you can't Raid in that build anymore, or be laughed at with shitty 350k damage only. And since I don't like BoS build, I am willing to try another DPS class out now.

So...I liked to dust off my old Warrior, that has always been like a third alt for me, but he's Level 101, and I'd like to get him to 110. This Warrior has been a Tank his whole time, more of a practice thing, for fun character, but I don;lt Tank in Legion, and would like to try a DPS Warrior out, but I have no idea which is more fun, and does the best Damage for M+ and Heroic Raids ?

- Which spec is fast attack like the Frost DK, Arms or Fury ?
    - Which is the better DPS in legion ?
    - And how is the playstyle for each, meaning rotation wise, etc...
    - I don't want a spec where I'm waiting on tons of cd's and twitting my thumbs with no active spells to press. I want fast attack, with smooth consistent rotation, or proc's ready to go if others on cd.
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2017-04-05 at 04:39 AM.

Fury is the answer to all your questions.

Fury is the way to go if you dont wanna be waiting on CD's and everything. In my opinion Arms is too reliant on Tactician and is just generally more boring to play. If you want to be always improving strategy and always actively casting then go with Fury.

Thanks. My Warrior is still Level 101, what's the ebst way to get to 110 ? Just quest my balls off ?

And then once 110, just WQ like crazy, and then join my Guild in the Raids, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    - I don't want a spec where I'm waiting on tons of cd's and twitting my thumbs with no active spells to press. I want fast attack, with smooth consistent rotation, or proc's ready to go if others on cd.
    Both do good DPS. Fury has better sustained DPS + sustained/burst AoE as Arms dishes out more ST DPS and very high-burst AoE damage but on very short time. Fury is easier to fix your screw ups, Arms isn't. Arms' RNG is fucking retarded as well (excuse my language).

Fury is very fun and fast, though you indefinitely want to get the T19 set to get better DPS results. Arms has no mercy for screw ups, requires patience and is a higher skill cap. Both are very dependent on gear. Fury scales better with haste > mastery. Arms needs a lot of mastery > haste (you'll end up with some versa stats which is fine). Avoid getting crit on both specs.

Fury is closer to Frost and it's fun to play and easier rotation than Arms.

I play both specs FYI.

Fury is certainly closer to Frost, but Breath of Sindragosa is on a much longer CD and therefore the playstyle is subtly different(mostly because of how Empower Rune weapon and RP generation during breath work). You'd do well to remember that. What I'd recommend is to watch some videos of heroic/mythic kills to understand how Fury plays before making a choice.

Deleted
    TL;DR: Fury.

DPS wise they're both competitive, but fury has the playstyle you're looking for. They're both fast paced and pretty much GCD locked, arms even more so with off-gcd FR, but smooth and consistent rotation is fury's thing. Arms can be a bitch if you get a shortage of procs.

I played as Arms to up until NH came out and thought I'd give fury a shot, been enjoying it ever since. I enjoyed arms as well, but the thing with fury is that everything seems to line up better with your cooldowns in M+ and NH, whereas arms AoE cooldown always seems to be up at the wrong time where you have to sit on it a lot.

Thank you for all your replies so far, appreciated.

I am just Level 102, and going through the Broken Isles. I have read that 'Inner Rage' is the build I want to go with. But I can't seem to settle in on a rotation yet. Since I am not 110 yet, what is a good rotation I should be following while leveling up ?

Been playing around with this starter rotation while leveling up, but not sure if I'm missing other good spells to use ? Charge + Bloodthirst + Raging Blow + Whirlwind + Furious Slash and then Execute when it procs once in awhile.

For bigger bosses I'll add Odyn's Fury and start off with Battle Cry
    Last edited by Zorachus; 2017-04-06 at 12:04 PM.

Check out the stickied Fury guide. It's probably the best Fury warrior resource you'll find anywhere.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Guide-amp-FAQ

10+ Year Old Account
    I currently have a 892 Frost DK, that I am not really digging right now. I just can't get comfortable with the BoS style, just not my thing. I much preferred Machine Gun back in early Legion, but now that's low damage outdated style today, and the Sin build is the only way, but I am tired of it, and don't like it. I still find the MG build a 100 times more FUN, but I know the dps of MG is just shit, and you can't Raid in that build anymore, or be laughed at with shitty 350k damage only. And since I don't like BoS build, I am willing to try another DPS class out now.

So...I liked to dust off my old Warrior, that has always been like a third alt for me, but he's Level 101, and I'd like to get him to 110. This Warrior has been a Tank his whole time, more of a practice thing, for fun character, but I don;lt Tank in Legion, and would like to try a DPS Warrior out, but I have no idea which is more fun, and does the best Damage for M+ and Heroic Raids ?

We are in exactly the same situation, and I did exactly the same thing. I mained my warrior throughout Cata, Wrath, and MoP. Went DK for a change, found BoS to be absolutely fucking stupid.

I went back to Fury, feels a lot better than arms at moment. Got the legendary shoulders other day (extra 2 charges heroic leap) and now have rest of our raid melee classes envious of my happy jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatsujin View Post
    Both do good DPS. Fury has better sustained DPS + sustained/burst AoE as Arms dishes out more ST DPS and very high-burst AoE damage but on very short time. Fury is easier to fix your screw ups, Arms isn't. Arms' RNG is fucking retarded as well (excuse my language).
    Arms is behind fury on both aoe and single target.

If you check WoL rankings, fury is significantly better for every single fight in Nighthold.

For an aoe example, on Skorpyron the best fury warrior on the list comes in at 2120105 dps, while the best arms parse is 600k less at 1528534 dps.

For single target, the best fury parse on Krosus is 940640 dps, and the best arms parse is 810300 dps, and it is also less consistent. The #2 arms parse is almost 80k dps behind the top parse.

This trend of arms being way behind only stops in mythic (and only on some fights), and I'm thinking that has more to do with a lack of sample size rather than arms actually being any better on mythic.

TL;DR Arms is complete garbage in Legion, Fury for life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerrf View Post
    We are in exactly the same situation, and I did exactly the same thing. I mained my warrior throughout Cata, Wrath, and MoP. Went DK for a change, found BoS to be absolutely fucking stupid.

I went back to Fury, feels a lot better than arms at moment. Got the legendary shoulders other day (extra 2 charges heroic leap) and now have rest of our raid melee classes envious of my happy jumps.
    Completely agree. I loved my Frost DK, well I did, up until this stupid BoS build came out. That Sin build changed my love of Frost to now hate, and he's geared well at 892, and all Traits maxed out, and great Relics, etc... I put a lot of time into my DK. That I think I might park him, and not play again until they get rid of BoS.

I feel like a walking fire extinguisher, with the shit spitting out of me, and I don't feel like a fast attack ninja anymore, with dual swords slicing and dicing. BoS has killed Frost to me.

And it really sucks that BoS is the only option, MG or any other Build is practically useless now in Raids and Mythic+, you do half the DPS or worse. Blizzard needs to make radical changes to Frost DK's in patch 7.2.5 or maybe not until the next expansion.

Moving forward, I need to get comfortable with Fury and figure out my best rotation. Since I am Level 102 and going through the broken Isle questing, will give me time to get used to this Class and Spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree. I loved my Frost DK, well I did, up until this stupid BoS build came out. That Sin build changed my love of Frost to now hate, and he's geared well at 892, and all Traits maxed out, and great Relics, etc... I put a lot of time into my DK. That I think I might park him, and not play again until they get rid of BoS.

I feel like a walking fire extinguisher, with the shit spitting out of me, and I don't feel like a fast attack ninja anymore, with dual swords slicing and dicing. BoS has killed Frost to me.

And it really sucks that BoS is the only option, MG or any other Build is practically useless now in Raids and Mythic+, you do half the DPS or worse. Blizzard needs to make radical changes to Frost DK's in patch 7.2.5 or maybe not until the next expansion.

Moving forward, I need to get comfortable with Fury and figure out my best rotation. Since I am Level 102 and going through the broken Isle questing, will give me time to get used to this Class and Spec.
    I hear ya. Personally they could change a lot really, even with Fury's reliance on DoS.... but BoS..... wth.....?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerrf View Post
    I hear ya. Personally they could change a lot really, even with Fury's reliance on DoS.... but BoS..... wth.....?
    BoS=breath of sindragosa, maybe he just doesnt like the playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by rove550 View Post
    Arms is behind fury on both aoe and single target.

If you check WoL rankings, fury is significantly better for every single fight in Nighthold.

For an aoe example, on Skorpyron the best fury warrior on the list comes in at 2120105 dps, while the best arms parse is 600k less at 1528534 dps.

For single target, the best fury parse on Krosus is 940640 dps, and the best arms parse is 810300 dps, and it is also less consistent. The #2 arms parse is almost 80k dps behind the top parse.

This trend of arms being way behind only stops in mythic (and only on some fights), and I'm thinking that has more to do with a lack of sample size rather than arms actually being any better on mythic.

TL;DR Arms is complete garbage in Legion, Fury for life.
    Arms is stronger in ST atm - much stronger because of the 7.2 patch (golden trait).

Also, Arms was semi-garbage in 7.1.5. We're still waiting to see how things will work out with PTR changes to Arms.

Edit -- And yes, most of the top Warriors went Fury in the beginning of 7.1.5 because it synergies better and had better up time for their Enrage. Arms fell behind, so you're going to see a lot of parses with Fury than Arms which means RNG is going to favor the majority of those who play the spec rather than the other. Hince, 6000 players vs. 600 in one fight as an example.
    Last edited by Tatsujin; 2017-04-22 at 09:52 PM.