Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To fellow DH's dont give up , i had around 60-70 wipes there (maybe 20 or so cuz i just tryed to rush things and and killed myself) , worst of all i got a wipe when the boss had 900k HP left i got so hyped that i will kill and forgot to make 2 steps back to get out of the darkness.... ye that happend.
    On the kill tho if you have the chest and the neck like i did but no other dps legendaryes dont worry u;re cover i didnt used netherwalk as a talent but i completed this with Soul Rending , at the end of the day you can down the boss if u get enough practice and dont try to rush things up ... my best attempt was with First Blood and i had plenty room left when i fked up at 900k hp , but the kill i got it with Bloodlet but i was out of room and i had to pray that the leech from blur(with leg chest) will keep me alive and it did ( healing pot aswell ) boss died and i was left with 15k hp .
    By now i think most of you saw Vivie video or whatever his name is , my point is u dont need bloodlet bracers or the prydaz or healing chest(sure they help ALOT) , if u dont have healing chest u can use soul rending like np just try to be as close as possible to the middle of the room before he teleports.
    Play safe p1 its about safe and positioning before teleport P2 its as good as its gets on your dps

Oh and BTW after 30 or so started to be very unbearable hearing to 'my magnificent self' i gave up on sound and played music only god that mage is mmmmmmmmmmmm hate him good thing im done never again
    Last edited by Kezuma; 2017-04-18 at 12:54 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    My biggest problem with the whole things was trying to stop myself from interrupting seed of Darkness.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    No you can do it so you don't take any damage. You just need to be really quick on the Fel rushing. The first phase is really simple, the second one can be tricky if you can't kill the adds in time but otherwise thats also easy. Overall there's lots of things that can fuck you up if you fail. But if you're a half-decent player you'll have no issues with this challenge.
    fel rush fails alot of time in this phase tho, often not rushing as far as it should or loosing momentum at the end of rush, so you dont glide forward but straight down etc. I have killed it the first time mage tower was open. the first blink into mirrors is easy, since you can take him closer to the middle, the second is worse and you HAVE to know the timings for it, as the only real way to get him somewhat closer to the middle is with arcane torrent at the correct time and unless youre decked with really have gear, you will have to do it once again, while its considerable harder to get him closer to the middle even for the third blink, since in the secvond phase, he ports very far and again, you NEED to know the timings, kicking just as hes about to cast the shadow barrage or whatever will not make him move closer etc, so one has to play the encounter enough (or overgear it enough)

personally, I used shoulders, just so I had insurance for the second blink into mirrors and winged it at the 4th after several trial and errors to learn the timings, as I didnt want to blow meta just before the 2nd phase, but the mirror phase was certainly the hardest part, that kept me wiping, mostly thanks to fel rush being somewhat unreliable, the second phase was easy after I realized bloodlet is more reliable than counting on first blood crits, since I didnt overgear the fight and beam + fury were nowhere near enough to kill the adds

Getting to P2 reliably now, but struggling with the adds. It feels like I can't get them down quickly enough. Any advice?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moarbacon View Post
    Getting to P2 reliably now, but struggling with the adds. It feels like I can't get them down quickly enough. Any advice?
    If you aren't already prepot before the void add attacks and use drums, don't use fury of the illidari on the boss, save it for the adds. Use master of the glaive at the least, if you have the bracers use Blootlet as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Got it with 903 ilvl. Legendaries: Neck + bracers
    Build P1: 3321223 P2: 2233311
    I was stuggling at the same part with the third wave of adds, with my ilvl i was unable to kill him before that.
    If u got stabilizers use em and go bloodlet, that was the change i made for the kill.
    Once the void starts casting seed of corruption dont use glaives so u got at least 2 charges for the adds.
    Use 1 glaive to start the dot rolling, fury of illidari, chaos nova, eye beam, second glaive as they start moving. Do not use both charges of glaives too soon, ull need to manage em to have the slow going almost the hole time they are moving.
    Sorry for my poor english, i hope u get the idea and u have the bracers or my tip will be useless.

I do have bracers but it would be tricky for me to swap them in. (Dont want to give up belt and dont have a decent replacement helm.) I will see what i can do with that. Im also seeing some suggest bloodlet isnt needed and to actually save fel rush to dps adds, idk, but im so close if i can just get adds down comfortably im geared enough to drop the boss. Going to try more when i get home from work.

I do have bracers but it would be tricky for me to swap them in. (Dont want to give up belt and dont have a decent replacement helm.) I will see what i can do with that. Im also seeing some suggest bloodlet isnt needed and to actually save fel rush to dps adds, idk, but im so close if i can just get adds down comfortably im geared enough to drop the boss. Going to try more when i get home from work.
    You said it, you are "so close IF you can DPS adds". Bracers is a must for adds, do it. I didn't have them however with 899 ilvl
    => Chaos Cleave FTW

It's kinda of a bummer that you can't repeat the challenge just to make videos or stuff tho.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Quote Originally Posted by Deix-EU View Post
    You said it, you are "so close IF you can DPS adds". Bracers is a must for adds, do it. I didn't have them however with 899 ilvl
    => Chaos Cleave FTW
    You ran chaos cleave and it worked? Did you run demonic with it?

I'm going to experiment with a few things, watch a few more videos of other peoples attempts on it. I'll try to give bracers a go if need be, I'm just trying to figure out how I will swap them in. Ilvl 900 here.

Got it this morning after 100-110 tries not sure how many exactly. For the 1st phase i used 3323223 with Prydaz and Raddon's. 2nd phase my build was 2232311, legendaries were the bracers and chest. So the key to the adds is to not stun them as soon as they spawn because they don't move for a couple of seconds, just use bloodlet, foti, eye beam, then chaos nova once they start moving, they're pretty much dead by then.

Took me that many tries becuase i was using random legendaries, not pre-potting the last phase and not lusting. Epic fail on my part, but finally got it done.

I completed it as demonic both phases, Ring + Chest both phases, just switched unleashed power to master of the glaive for second phase. demonic is great with chaos cleave it sims equal if not higher single target for me than felblade build. 908ilvl 8/10M

Double FR ALWAYS gets you to him in bubble phase if you get to mid (with a range interupt at the end of his last cast to stop damage). People who say otherwise arent doing something right, either not reacting quickly or bad jump/FR combos. In all my attempts I literally never not got to him. When phase is about to hit, just turn around and look for a sparkle and start moving, thats where he is going to port.

Did it today in about 40 attempts (901 ilvl w/ belt and chest).

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it with 903 after ~70 tries (chest+aothg p1, shoulders+aothg p2), gonna sum up those "extra" tips I felt helped the most.

Xylem:
    1. Eye beam the ice wall. After jumping out of it, interrupt him so you can place him as close to the wall as you can. Beam the wall for more souls and you get almost 100% uptime of Meta in the frost phase. 9/10 times it also means you can have Eye Beam ready when he goes into arcane phase.

2. Move towards the middle just before he finishes casting Arcane Barrage. There's a small window where you can move him somewhat between each successive Barrage cast. Make sure you only do it if he's going to cast Arcane Barrage again, it doesn't work if his next cast is Shadow Barrage or Draw Power.

3. Speccing Soul Rending. There are so many times where an Eye Beam meta with 100% leech has saved me from death. If you can get 2x FR down in transition, Netherwalk isn't nearly as useful.

And then my own tip: Stay calm. Went at it for hours and hours on the last day, getting frustrated every time I died from a stupid sidestep, missed FR or what have you. Told myself "Fuck it, I'll do it next time it's up" and went off to read a book. A couple of hours later I thought "Eh, I'll give it a few more tries". Made it on my first attempt. Phase 1 started out perfect and usually around 25% is when the adrenaline starts to kick in and I tend to make mistakes. This time I repeatedly told myself to stay calm. Don't get too excited. Phase 1 ended and Phase 2 came. Died several times here before because I got flustered and used FotI on pull. Once on what would've been a successful attempt if I hadn't stayed to long in the goo. "Stay calm". Thanks to not getting flustered and making mistakes, I got it down smoothly after the third set of adds. I could've had it probably 20-30 tries earlier (if not more) if I had just stayed calm throughout the fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz
    Holes means you have less of a food to plate ratio, you can get more net weight of pancakes into the same volume and area as you could with waffles. Therefore pancakes win.

You ran chaos cleave and it worked? Did you run demonic with it?

I'm going to experiment with a few things, watch a few more videos of other peoples attempts on it. I'll try to give bracers a go if need be, I'm just trying to figure out how I will swap them in. Ilvl 900 here.
    Of course Demonic, With Raddon's + Ring + Nemesis / Chaos Cleave / Demonic spec I can dish out right now more DPS ST than felblade build. Not speaking about AE ... This spec is ridiculously OP right now once you have Onslaught.

Of course Demonic, With Raddon's + Ring + Nemesis / Chaos Cleave / Demonic spec I can dish out right now more DPS ST than felblade build. Not speaking about AE ... This spec is ridiculously OP right now once you have Onslaught.
    interesting. But I think i've got it about down, wiped last attempt at 3% with very big mess ups to start phase 2. running 2232211 for p2, moarg/symbiote

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Love the Voice Acting for this guy and what he says. Only 884 on my DH so if anything my DK will do this first (I hope). A friend recommended Demonic + Soul Rending to deal with self healing. Also I personally like the idea of Bloodlet for the Abberation/Thing.

Eat magic, imposter!
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

This challenge is driving me insane. I can get to p2 reliably. Infact i have most of the p1 patterns memorized to muscle memory now. P2 though, i either run bloodlet and dont have the dps to kill the boss, or i run fb and adds dont die. Ive wiped at sub 10 percent so many times its infuriating. 200 attempts in since release. Ilvl 900, 44 traits. I dont have 4 set but i cant imagine it would be that much of a difference.

This challenge is driving me insane. I can get to p2 reliably. Infact i have most of the p1 patterns memorized to muscle memory now. P2 though, i either run bloodlet and dont have the dps to kill the boss, or i run fb and adds dont die. Ive wiped at sub 10 percent so many times its infuriating. 200 attempts in since release. Ilvl 900, 44 traits. I dont have 4 set but i cant imagine it would be that much of a difference.
    Are you kidding ? 4 set is a huge gap in DPS, as well as Onslaught. Both are near 100k DPS more.

Are you kidding ? 4 set is a huge gap in DPS, as well as Onslaught. Both are near 100k DPS more.
    Shit, I wasn't even thinking of the synergy between the two. That might be my problem. Even at 900 without 4set I may just not have the damage to bring p2 down.