Poll: If Le Pen wins, is the EU finished?

Thread: If Le Pen Wins

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Breaking up the EU would be a step towards a new world war.
    I don't care who wins in France but Europe needs the EU in some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Lol, you guys aren't even members. What do you care?
    I just lol'ed at OP. I am from Bosnia myself and honestly, without the EU we'd be literally FUCKED. Also his stance on immigration... again: millions of Bosnians live abroad (The Bosnian War has actually caused a BIGGER refugee crisis in Europe, than the Syrian War has). Without some country's immigration policies, we'd be again: FUCKED.

Reading some of OP's previous posts, I am questioning though if he's even a bosnian to begin with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Macaquerie View Post
    The FN is weird though, because what kind of nationalist party looks back fondly on the days of the Vichy regime, when France was at its lowest point as a country and little more than Nazi bootlickers?
    They also have some weird fetish for the russians.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-04-22 at 09:33 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hombregato View Post
    ...there is also the elephant in the room that is Germany which has been running a surplus for quite a while. But that's more related to the Euro than the EU.
    Really i thought it related to the long period of time without a federal minimum wage and companies making use of that *shrugs*

More like Le Pen IS hue hue hue

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    I just lol'ed at OP. I am from Bosnia myself and honestly, without the EU we'd be literally FUCKED. Also his stance on immigration... again: millions of Bosnians live abroad (The Bosnian War has actually caused a BIGGER refugee crisis in Europe, than the Syrian War has). Without some country's immigration policies, we'd be again: FUCKED.

Reading some of OP's previous posts, I am questioning though if he's even a bosnian to begin with
    Well, if OP is 23 as stated, and he was born in B-H that was in 94. So in practicality he's too young to remember the civil war at all. He claims his parents moved, but if it was when the war was still on he was pretty much an infant and can't remember living in a country not Denmark (I think he said it was).
    More so, either his parents are war-refugees, if before the war ended. Or they moved for economical reasons after it ended, and got out instead of working to rebuild their nation. So much for his parents being "Loyal slavs who work for slavs".

(Or, as my slavic friend always say. No one hates the Slavs as much as the Slavs (He is a Serb)).

As for the topic. Most probably not. Majority of the french are pro EU so even if a general referendum happened leave side would probably lose. If a parliamentary vote happened, it'd defiantly lose because Le Pen would be in a minority government position.
    I also very much doubt she will win. She might win round one. Round two she will probably get crushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    And you'll throw out all the good that comes with the EU because of nationalism? Petty, narcissistic, and wrong. Globalism is going to happen, one way or another. Your path takes you through many more corpses.
    This is naive. Nationalism doesn't imply violence, destruction or anything of the sort. The fact that you can't even visualize this and default to some bloody image of it is fucking hysterical. Put down the koolaid.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    This is naive. Nationalism doesn't imply violence, destruction or anything of the sort. The fact that you can't even visualize this and default to some bloody image of it is fucking hysterical. Put down the koolaid.
    It does lead to violence in the end though. No getting away from that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    He is pro-Russian.
    @Elba.

And he lives here in Denmark, or atleast he used to. Denmark benefits from the EU on a major scale, so I have no idea, why he is so held bent on the EU going down, and yeah, he is a Putanista ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Actually for quite a lot of people in the Slavic countries, moving to Western Europe will mean having a lower standard of living.

Mostly due to two factors:
    1. Education not being wildly accepted (I know it is by law, but not in practice).
    2. Many people having property in the Slavic countries. Buying property in Western Europe is hard enough for natives with the current prices, let alone for an immigrant with a lower salary (usually).

So, all of this means that people with good money and education don't leave because they have no reason to. The ones who leave are these who live on the low end of the social and economic ladder.
    Making €1000 after taxes in Bulgaria means you live quite comfortably and you will need at least 4 times that to have the same life in France (including car and property payments), which will not happen, not as an immigrant with a "questionable" education.
    Depends. I own a Miyata which I paid for in cash (second-hand) but I don't own real estate. My salary in euro after tax is 930 which is okay-ish but not great. The people who leave permanently go to study there. The people in low-end jobs usually do it for 6-12 months and then come back to use the stronger currency for something else. I agree that if you are making good money and have property there is no reason to move.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Damajin View Post
    Patriotism is great, nationalism isn't. Nationalism is the aggressive form of patriotism. I think every person should be proud of their country, culture and heritage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Muzjhath View Post
    Well, if OP is 23 as stated, and he was born in B-H that was in 94. So in practicality he's too young to remember the civil war at all. He claims his parents moved, but if it was when the war was still on he was pretty much an infant and can't remember living in a country not Denmark (I think he said it was).
    More so, either his parents are war-refugees, if before the war ended. Or they moved for economical reasons after it ended, and got out instead of working to rebuild their nation. So much for his parents being "Loyal slavs who work for slavs".

(Or, as my slavic friend always say. No one hates the Slavs as much as the Slavs (He is a Serb)).

As for the topic. Most probably not. Majority of the french are pro EU so even if a general referendum happened leave side would probably lose. If a parliamentary vote happened, it'd defiantly lose because Le Pen would be in a minority government position.
    I also very much doubt she will win. She might win round one. Round two she will probably get crushed.
    The guy is probably unemployed and without a girlfriend. In other words, he has no purpose in life and the anger towards the EU fills that void. When I was in his shoes I used to read Marx, play the guitar all day and wish for the fall of the 1% lol. I think he is misguided but I can sympathise and understand where he is coming from.
    Remember kiddies, hope was the last evil in Pandora's box.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Breaking up the EU would be a great victory for Russia and ISIS. I mean hell, all ISIS had to do was send a few suicide attackers in and bam there you go terror created and EU destroyed.

People love getting played I guess.
    It was the Muslim immigrants that caused the collapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    No, that is not how the French system works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    It was the Muslim immigrants that caused the collapse.
    What collapse? Not they could cause it. The EU does not decide on a countries immigration rules.

I think a LePen win would be a wakeup call to the EU to reform or die, and I think they'd likely prefer to reform.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I think a LePen win would be a wakeup call to the EU to reform or die, and I think they'd likely prefer to reform.
    For reforms, Melchenon would be far better.
    Far right reforms can go fuck themselves, they'll probably keep the liberal aspects anyway.

Deleted
    Nothing will happen. One politician can't destroy EU. All she can do is get some more favorable special treatment for France.

UK never felt like part of EU. They live on an island, they even drive on wrong side, use illogical measurement units and have their own currency. Not much was connecting them to EU, so UK exiting was a special case.

France is connected to EU on every level. It would be next to impossible to leave EU.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It does lead to violence in the end though. No getting away from that.
    Nah, but grats on being shortsighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post
    Patriotism is great, nationalism isn't. Nationalism is the aggressive form of patriotism. I think every person should be proud of their country, culture and heritage.
    Nationalism and Patriotism are synonymous, and neither are inherently aggressive. This is shoddy thinking.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    If eu falls apart, i hope my country joins germany, They are probably strongest country in EU right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The EU won't survive even if Pen loses.

It is all a matter of just jockeying for position at this point.

I don't think it will cause a major war but it will be a major blow to globalist open door/borders agenda.

Le Pen is Europes best and last hope to save us from the Legion. Sorry, I mean Islam.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    For reforms, Melchenon would be far better.
    That would indeed be great. But even having the next Venezuela on the Swiss and German border would teach your ilk nothing...

Breaking up the EU would be a great victory for Russia and ISIS. I mean hell, all ISIS had to do was send a few suicide attackers in and bam there you go terror created and EU destroyed.

People love getting played I guess.
    This doens't do the situation in Europe justice at all tbh. I could also like, say, that all it took for Al Qeuda was to crash a plane into a tower and you guys suddenly became willing to throw away astronomical sums and thousands of American lives in the Middle East in wars that were hopeless to begin with. I could say that, but I don't because I know it probably isn't that simple. :S

There's much more to it in France than just a few suicidial ISIS-fighters. Front National was gaining momentum long before ISIS' little November 2015 adventure and it has to do with France being defacto two countries, first a modern and well-functioning nation for the middle class and above, and then there's the other France: places like the ghettorized suburbs of Marseille, Paris, Lyon etc. which houses millions (upwards of 9-10 million) of poor migrants that are, to say the least, hostile to the hand that feeds them.
    The fire was already built before November 2015, ISIS was just the match to lit it, really.

The French voting for Le Pen is just an indication that they are willing to try more nationalist policies, and I can see why, because the internationalist, multiculturalist-favouring policies that go all the way back to De Gaulle didn't do France much good in the long run. They're tried one medicine, now they're ready to try another (nationalism).

It is IMO a good question of Frexit really would be a win for Putin. I don't see how, really. People also said Donald Trump was Putin's little plaything, but look where that went.
    This whole argument "if the EU falls apart, Putin wins" doesn't bite with me for the simple reason that EU is not what is keeping Putin in check, NATO is.
    Last edited by Pengekaer; 2017-04-22 at 01:44 PM.