Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Champion Catch Up Mechanic?

Would you be happy for a catch up mechanic for followers / champions?

Obviously if you have been playing since 7.0 all your followers will likely be 900 and epic, however if you're recently 110 in 7.2 you're going to find your followers needing 200 ilvl to hit 900 (which is for the BS missions). I have a few fresh 110's (some unlucky enough not to have the follower gear cache upgrade) and thought how much better it would be if we could buy tokens that boost followers to 850. What's your opinion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

Obviously if you have been playing since 7.0 all your followers will likely be 900 and epic, however if you're recently 110 in 7.2 you're going to find your followers needing 200 ilvl to hit 900 (which is for the BS missions). I have a few fresh 110's (some unlucky enough not to have the follower gear cache upgrade) and thought how much better it would be if we could buy tokens that boost followers to 850. What's your opinion?
    Hmm, yes, and no.

After finding Meatball, I would've liked one. Maybe a buff for new champions, lasting 3-5 days, granting higher XP.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There has been a buff to xp earned on the combat ally.
    That is now 1000xp for world quests it is active for, instead of 150xp.
    I wouldn't call that a catchup as such, but it is an improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yes, there should be a quick way to get followers to 850.

I think a method to help them get to 850 ilvl a bit faster might be good and perhaps a few more low ilvl requirement missions to help them get their xp slightly faster.

On the other hand maybe Blizzard don't really want to make it too easy to catch up because order halls are extremely lucrative and now people have flying, it is very fast (I know it was quite fast anyway) to get a character to 110. If it was also much easier to max out an order hall their could be issues for the economy etc and a greater disparity between the haves and have nots.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it's a really long and boring process to level the champions, something needs to be done.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRightWay View Post
    Yeah it's a really long and boring process to level the champions, something needs to be done.
    Was a pain going from 760>850 but now its 760>900.

Leveling them shouldn't matter though. Gearing them is what matters. Leveling only effects their slots.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Yes, there should be a quick way to get followers to 850.
    Maybe they should sell a cash shop boost. Just like they do for normal characters. Something like 50EUR for ilvl850 follower for "busy people who don't have time for couple of clicks every day"

For classes that don't have the ability to get some follower equipment every 24hrs man it is SLOW and long and pretty much not worth going to 900. Even you get to 900, you won't have good stuff to put in their slots...sucks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post

Equipping followers and levelling them iis quite trivial, so no. I recently levelled an alt and the followers are already epic and most at 900, all within less then two weeks. Thats more then fast enouggh in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Maybe they should sell a cash shop boost. Just like they do for normal characters. Something like 50EUR for ilvl850 follower for "busy people who don't have time for couple of clicks every day"
    lol they should, too busy earning tons of money, time so precious you can't click your mouse? just send us 50 euros we'll do it for you, WE GOT YOU BRO!(and women)

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There has been a buff to xp earned on the combat ally.
    That is now 1000xp for world quests it is active for, instead of 150xp.
    I wouldn't call that a catchup as such, but it is an improvement.
    Actually it's not only world quests, it's for any quest (that isn't grey for you, i guess).

On topic: There is really no need for a catch up mechanism. If you want the best rewards, put in some effort (that is really not much). Not having ilvl 900 followers doesn't exclude you from any type of content.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2017-04-22 at 02:45 PM.

Well, some catchup method would not be bad. There's still no outlet for order hall ressources, so let us buy follower tokens (including XP tokens) for it. Seems to be quite fitting.
    But compared to garrisons where it took half a year to have everything going the order hall is a joke.
    It takes about three weeks to level all your active followers to epic, and so far I can tell another four weeks to level them to titled.

Gear is something you collect along the way directly from gear rewarding missions, compared to what you will get directly from gear missions makes the order hall perks to create gear or get additional gear from missions insignificant.

They should probably buff the +ilevel items so they give twice as many ilevels until the follower reaches 850 and maybe a buff to XP missions until the follower reaches epic.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    No MMORPG games should not have any catch up mechanics in fist place.

Agreed 100%. WOD had this for gold afaik.

Lvling is waaay to slow. Especially the 3rd trait / item slot is super long.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    Well then, this threads seems to have consensus. Everyone agrees that the items should be buffed. Awesome.

What now?

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Agreed 100%. WOD had this for gold afaik.

Lvling is waaay to slow. Especially the 3rd trait / item slot is super long.
    That one was -JUST- added though. I think that's the point.

That said Rare -> Epic could REALLY use a lowering.

I got my bodyguards to Rare in about 2 hours of questing, but non bodyguards take over a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfish Trombone View Post
    Do you ever think before speaking? It's not about what you have to do, it's about the amount of real world time it takes. I suppose you think the class hall mission quests (which have been reduced in time) were great design.