Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What did MoP add to the game?

I'm not a huge lore buff, I haven't read any of the books or gotten too deep into hidden/less known stuff, but I still play the games and follow the general story arcs. I'd like to know though, besides Garrosh escaping, what did our entire time on Pandaria actually add to the game story-wise?

- Vanilla: Leading into LK, some continuation from WC3 Human/Undead Campaigns
    - BC: Start of Legion stuff and (at the time) wrap-up from WC3, such as Illidan/Maiev (Night Elf Campaign)
    - LK: Continuation of Vanilla and wrap-up from WC3 Human/Undead Campaigns
    - Cataclysm: New threat that when defeated ended the Age of Chaos on Azeroth and leading into the Age of Mortals. (bit weak here too but there was a decent conclusion. Also the whole world tearing was pretty neat in concept and story-wise)
    - MoP: Uh... Pandaria-exclusive stuff that hasn't been known prior or even touched since, Y'Shaarj (who we still know fuck-all about) and Garrosh, Garrosh escapes (this could have happened literally anywhere but proves how incompetent Pandaren prisons are), dies pretty much immediately in the expansion (you didn't even hit level 100 before he got wrecked by Thrall), and leads into WoD
    - WoD: Continuation from MoP shenanigans, we put an end to the AU Iron Horde but AU Gul'dan and Archimonde do their shit, leading to...
    - Legion: Demon-invaded Broken Isles and the second huge demon invasion.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-04-22 at 03:53 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

MoP established a lot of important stuff about the old gods lore. Y'shaarj,Mogu,Ra'den,Mantid and problably more. You didn't go to Pandaria with a purpose. You stumbled upon it.
    Last edited by Wildmoon; 2017-04-22 at 03:59 PM.

Monks and Pandas?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    MoP established a lot of important stuff about the old gods lore. Y'shaarj,Mogu,Ra'den,Mantid and problably more.
    Yes these were actually very significant as they were the lead in point to the revised Old God lore later presented in Chronicles.

Also we got a very early hint of that with the "we must rebuild the final Titan" line from Wrathion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Third*****
    Are we not counting the demon invasion in Northrend that Aegwynn stopped? Or the demon invasion through the reactivated Dark Portal in TBC?

Mists of Pandaria gave us the inclusion of a new continent on Azeroth, revealed and saw the ultimate defeat of an Old God, expanded on the role of the Titans through the Mogu and Wrathion's questline, and handled the increasing interracial tension in the Horde with the removal of Garrosh was Warchief.

Garrosh's death occurred in Warlords of Draenor.

mop set up pretty much everything thats come since then.

established that the titans could easily kill old gods

was the first time they hinted that the titans were all dead

established alot of the pre history of the old gods and the titans on azeroth with the mogu being the titans armies

most of the stuff in mists got expanded on in chronicle but started in mists
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Monks and Pandas?
    Pandaren have existed since Warcraft 3, its just that they were added to WoW in Mists of Pandaria

7+ Year Old Account
    At first I thought MoP was a filler expansion.

Then WoD came out and I was like "Oh, THIS is the filler expansion..."

MoP + WoD is what was needed to get to Legion.

Get Garrosh bad --> go to AU Draenor --> get AU Gul'dan --> get AU Gul'dan to MU Azeroth --> Legion expansion

What did MoP add to the game? The open doorway for Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    It added fun to the game which is more then i can say for WoD or Legion.

Huh?
    It reinforced the conflict between Alliance and Horde which has been ignited in Cata. It added another old god to the story. It followed up with Zandalari plot. It was an the very opening to the Legions invasion.

And we got Lorewalker Cho.

As much as people hate on pandas etc, MoP was (imo) to this day the best expansion lorewise after WotLK (and its really close).

Anduin's coming-of-age adventure and development as a priest, Wrathlon's stuff if we ever get back to him.

Deleted
    We did learn some more stuff about the Titans.

Deleted
    I don't get why everything in wow must be about humans, orcs, scourge and burning legion.

Deleted
    I get that people dislike pandaren, but come on, saying that MoP didn't bring anything to the table lorewise is just ignorant...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Lore-wise?

- A new continent full of ancient Lore, multiple new races with their own histories.
    - A continuation of the Zandalari storyline.
    - A continuation and the conclusion of the Horde/Alliance conflict under Garrosh's tenure as Warchief.
    - Further Blood Elven lore and a diplomatic story-arc concerning their place within the Horde.
    - The continuance of Anduin's story and his growth as a character within the primary story.
    - The true introduction of Wrathion in the greater story (as in Cata he was a Rogue-only plot element).
    - Greater information on the Old Gods, especially Y'shaarj and the creation of the Sha.
    - A new Titan Keeper, Ra; and his story concerning his captivity by Lei Shen.
    - The Monk class and their specific lore.

There's also a lot more minor story and lore elements in MoP in the terms of in-game texts, Archaeology, and subplots.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Absurd amount of "LOLOLOLOLOL HE SAID BREW ITS SO FUNNY LIKE ITS BEER AND SHIT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" jokes.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Absurd amount of "LOLOLOLOLOL HE SAID BREW ITS SO FUNNY LIKE ITS BEER AND SHIT LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL" jokes.
    And Pandas.

But overall - fuck MoP.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    And Pandas.

But overall - fuck MoP.
    Yup, fuck the only decent expansion in recent years lol. Cata and WoD were both garbage.

But then as an adult I can't really worry if someone thinks I'm a weeb or some shit if I like Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    It added fun to the game which is more then i can say for WoD or Legion.
    Agreed. It added important humor in the form of a playful critique of the player-base, and a peacefulness. There were areas where there were no enemies, just gorgeous scenery. A chance to heal after the cataclysm.