Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The Legion announcement was kind of a "in case of total fucking catastrophe, break glass" thing to placate players in the middle of the aborted brainshart that was Warlords of Draenor. Things are looking better for them in Legion in terms of player engagement and content output, so they probably don't feel as pressured to announce the expansion just yet. I'd say around Blizzcon is a good bet.
    Perfectly stated.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well first off we don't know for sure if Argus is the last patch, we do know it is coming next. If i had to guess the next expac would be announced at Blizzcon, however Im even skeptical on this because of the way the release of the patches have come across. ToS will be (assuming its in June) out for 5 months once Blizzcon comes around. The time between NH and ToS would be about 5 months as well. So when 7.3 comes out it almost looks it would also be around Blizzcon.
    The way they have been telling their story is one expac leading into the next.
    HFC and WoD were complete before Legion was announced
    SoO was complete before WoD was announced
    and prior to that we knew who the end bosses were.
    Still I hope it is announced at Blizzcon
    Thank god this game isn't just for Rym, we'd have a pretty shitty time - Me

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see a Blizzcon expansion announcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeygiggles View Post
    Well first off we don't know for sure if Argus is the last patch, we do know it is coming next. If i had to guess the next expac would be announced at Blizzcon, however Im even skeptical on this because of the way the release of the patches have come across. ToS will be (assuming its in June) out for 5 months once Blizzcon comes around. The time between NH and ToS would be about 5 months as well. So when 7.3 comes out it almost looks it would also be around Blizzcon.
    The way they have been telling their story is one expac leading into the next.
    HFC and WoD were complete before Legion was announced
    SoO was complete before WoD was announced
    and prior to that we knew who the end bosses were.
    Still I hope it is announced at Blizzcon
    My personal wager is expansion at Blizzcon, and at Gamescom, they might announce a 7.4 patch bridging the story over from us against the Legion to whomever the next enemy ends up being (almost definitely naga given the constant and noteworthy naga/Old God/Void presence throughout Legion). Start building hype for that and tease a little bit about the next expansion without giving away too much. Then at Blizzcon, bam, we get the name and the teaser trailer in the opening ceremony, and the whole expansion reveal shebang at a panel.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Last one was announced 20 months ago. There has been an expansion announcement every 2 years pretty much since forever.
    Except I believe they said that they want Legion to last longer i.e. expansion releases to slow down. However, I also believe that Blizzcon will be the time when the new expansion is announced.

It'd be ridiculous if 7.2.5 was presented over at Gamescom, Argus (7.3) announced at Blizzcon, and the expansion announced sometime in Spring 2018. Not impossible though with Blizzard you never know.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Except I believe they said that they want Legion to last longer i.e. expansion releases to slow down. However, I also believe that Blizzcon will be the time when the new expansion is announced.

It'd be ridiculous if 7.2.5 was presented over at Gamescom, Argus (7.3) announced at Blizzcon, and the expansion announced sometime in Spring 2018. Not impossible though with Blizzard you never know.
    I think they meant they just wanted to go back to how it was before WoD, meaning returning to 3 raid tiers instead of 2.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think 7.3 will be announced at Gamescom, because it should already be on the PTR by then, and ready to release within a month of Gamescom assuming they stick to their current patch cycle. So maybe a 7.3 launch trailer, and plans for the tail end of the expansion, including 7.3.5 and maybe even 7.4 details.

I mean, I wouldn't be shocked if they announce or tease the next expansion at Gamescom, since it's definitely being developed as we speak, but with everything they've said about improving content pacing this time around, I think we should probably expect more Legion content first.

Definitely an announcement at Blizzcon, though. Maybe even a full cinematic.

I think they meant they just wanted to go back to how it was before WoD, meaning returning to 3 raid tiers instead of 2.
    Ah, ok. That's cool then. So far they're delivering on that.

I think it'd be amazing though if the expansion name and a few details were revealed at Gamescom, and the actual details of the expansion gone into at Blizzcon. But who knows.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    It's rather early, I think.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Ah, ok. That's cool then. So far they're delivering on that.

I think it'd be amazing though if the expansion name and a few details were revealed at Gamescom, and the actual details of the expansion gone into at Blizzcon. But who knows.
    It wouldn't surprise me if they announce it at Gamescom again to get the basic info out of the way and then go into more depth at Blizzcon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    It's rather early, I think.
    Well I'm not expecting it today, but we're getting there. I would say Blizzcon this year at the latest.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Well I'm not expecting it today, but we're getting there. I would say Blizzcon this year at the latest.
    That's still quite a while away, though.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Deleted
    I think they will announce it at gamescon and go into beta straigth after blizzcon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Blizzard did say this time round they aren't sticking to an exact patch cycle and will just finish the expansion when they feel like it's done, so I wouldn't be suprised if we ran 1 tier longer than usual.
    Honestly, after WOD we deserve it.

The Legion announcement was kind of a "in case of total fucking catastrophe, break glass" thing to placate players in the middle of the aborted brainshart that was Warlords of Draenor. Things are looking better for them in Legion in terms of player engagement and content output, so they probably don't feel as pressured to announce the expansion just yet. I'd say around Blizzcon is a good bet.
    It certainly was the kitchen sink of expansion promises; they dug out every "you remember this right?" you can think of to try and sell it to us.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

If it isn't announced before blizzcon, buckle up for 14 months of 7.3

7+ Year Old Account
    Last one was two years ago at Gamescom. Next one should be on the horizon. We already know the last patch of the expansion is Argus, so, the next time they'll reveal something it has to be the expansion, right? Do you think it will be at Blizzcon this time or earlier? They've proven with Legion that they don't have to announce an expansion at Blizzcon.
    blizzcon, it will be lined up perfectly, we will most likely get alittle clarification on some 7.3 stuff (most of it should allready be announced before then) then expansion announcement

sorta like how they told us about 7.2 then whent oh yeah, 7.3 argus fuckers, but this time other way around "7.3 will release on X!!!" oh yeah what else we gunan talk about today? maybe the next fucking expansion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    I think they will announce it at gamescon and go into beta straigth after blizzcon.
    They'll probably release Argus in September and Argus raid in November, there's absolutely no way they'll launch beta while every guild is progressing through new tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

What would be really cool is if they didn't mention a god damn thing about the expansion until they released it, so all the features, areas, character changes, dungeons, bosses, stories, etc. could be a surprise. How wonderful it would be to not know everything a year in advance.

15+ Year Old Account
    almost definitely naga given the constant and noteworthy naga/Old God/Void presence throughout Legion
    Agreed. It seems really likely to me that we're finally getting that "South Seas" expansion. They've updated the murloc, makrura, naga, and sea giant models and added a bunch of new naga models like the naga brutes, harpoon guns, and various other bits of architecture, on top of weaving in more story about Azshara and giving the naga a place in dungeons and raids. On top of that they updated Gallywix's model despite him not having a major role in this expansion's content, and Jaina is certainly in Kul Tiras right now, which makes me think we'll be revisiting Kezan and maybe finally getting Undermine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Agreed. It seems really likely to me that we're finally getting that "South Seas" expansion. They've updated the murloc, makrura, naga, and sea giant models and added a bunch of new naga models like the naga brutes, harpoon guns, and various other bits of architecture, on top of weaving in more story about Azshara and giving the naga a place in dungeons and raids. On top of that they updated Gallywix's model despite him not having a major role in this expansion's content, and Jaina is certainly in Kul Tiras right now, which makes me think we'll be revisiting Kezan and maybe finally getting Undermine.
    I'm a bit mixed on the whole island hopping thing but the idea of South Seas is pretty interesting tho.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi