Can my motherboard handle this?

Hello, I have a : MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Version 2.0 Motherboard and I am desiring to upgrade to Gtx 1050 4 gb or 2gb
    and a I5 6600k processor. Can I run it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxalia View Post
    Hello, I have a : MSI Z77A-GD65 (MS-7751) Version 2.0 Motherboard and I am desiring to upgrade to Gtx 1050 4 gb or 2gb
    The 1050 would go in without a problem, but the CPU is a different socket than the one your current motherboard supports, so it would be a no go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokom View Post
    The 1050 would go in without a problem, but the CPU is a different socket than the one your current motherboard supports, so it would be a no go.
    This looks correct that board is a Sandy/Ivy Bridge board.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Okay what mother board is a budget board that can handle that? is there any work around that can put a CPU that can run that card without bottlenecking.

my current motherboard i think is https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/Z77AG...#hero-overview
    Last edited by eillas; 2017-04-16 at 11:35 PM.

I'm confused by your question/statement

The graphics card will work fine with that motherboard.

The i5 6600k CPU does not work with that motherboard so you need to buy a CPU (might be hard to find new as they are getting pretty old) that fits the motherboard or buy a different motherboard (and ram) that fit with the CPU.

For an unlocked i5 that would be a z170 or z270 motherboard like:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/WN98...rd-ga-z270p-d3 is a cheap-ish one
    http://pcpartpicker.com/product/CVX2...-b250m-bazooka is cheaper but does not allow for overclocking of the CPU.

to clarify, I am looking for a budget motherboard to handle those two things.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay new question can this processor http://pcpartpicker.com/product/hV7C...-bx80662i36100 be handled by my current motherboard and can it handle gtx 1050?
    Last edited by eillas; 2017-04-17 at 12:41 AM. Reason: for some reason the link didnt get pasted.

to clarify, I am looking for a budget motherboard to handle those two things.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay new question can this processor http://pcpartpicker.com/product/hV7C...-bx80662i36100 be handled by my current motherboard and can it handle gtx 1050?
    That processor cannot be handled by your current Motherboard

For a skylake cpu you need a LGA1151 type socket. Please fill this out.

Budget
    Resolution
    Games / Settings Desired
    Any other intensive software or special things you do (Frequent video encoding, 3D modeling, etc)
    Country
    Parts that can be reused
    Do you need an OS?
    Do you need peripherals (e.g. monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers, etc)?

1920x1080 resolution 2 monitors.
    country i am in is USA,
    Games I play witcher warcraft, want to get shadows of war and battlefront 2.
    I dont do anything intensive.
    Parts unsure. I need to replace motherboard, cpu, and graphics card
    I got windows 10

1920x1080 resolution 2 monitors.
    country i am in is USA,
    Games I play witcher warcraft, want to get shadows of war and battlefront 2.
    I dont do anything intensive.
    Parts unsure. I need to replace motherboard, cpu, and graphics card
    I got windows 10
    What's your budget?

several hundred dollars. I am really on a budget.

LGA1151 +Intel Core i3-6100 3.7GHz Dual-Core Processor + gtx 1050 work
    Last edited by eillas; 2017-04-17 at 03:53 AM.

A pertinent question would be what your current CPU is. If you're on a tight budget your current CPU might be just fine.
    Super casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    A pertinent question would be what your current CPU is. If you're on a tight budget your current CPU might be just fine.
    I5-3560k cpu 2.40 GHz 4 cpu

I5-3560k cpu 2.40 GHz 4 cpu
    That isn't a cpu lol. Go into task manager>performance tab and tell us what model it says.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    That isn't a cpu lol. Go into task manager>performance tab and tell us what model it says.
    Intel core I5-3560k cpu 3.40 GHz

just gonna assume you mean 3570k since a 3560k does not exist..

throw the 1050 in your current pc and forget the cpu upgrade, i do not believe you are gonna see any significant bottlenecking of that card from that cpu

3570K? Your CPU is just fine, especially if you're on a tight budget. Put the money toward a more substantial GPU upgrade, as the 1050 Ti is a strong budget card but is still a budget low-end card. Set your sights on the GTX 1060 or RX570/480/580, which you should be able to afford easily while keeping your current CPU. The 1050 Ti will choke on a (combined) 3840x1080 setup.

Do you know what video card (GPU) you have right now?
    Super casual.

Quote Originally Posted by Nellah View Post
    3570K? Your CPU is just fine, especially if you're on a tight budget. Put the money toward a more substantial GPU upgrade, as the 1050 Ti is a strong budget card but is still a budget low-end card. Set your sights on the GTX 1060 or RX570/480/580, which you should be able to afford easily while keeping your current CPU. The 1050 Ti will choke on a (combined) 3840x1080 setup.

Do you know what video card (GPU) you have right now?
    660 nvidia either gts or gtx

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.evga.com/products/product...03G-P4-6367-KR I'm looking at this can it handle it?

when you upgrade your cpu, upgrade your motherboard.