Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    so is it really a problem?
    Yes, I'd say so.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

So, if you will not get it, you will not have appereance. You have plenty of those to choose from, so is it really a problem? In the end, you should be happy that you have legendary as an apperenace available - most of other classes don't have same luxury.
    I think some of us are just worried about any potential time restrictions. Illidan's Warglaives might be the most iconic weapons in the game, and being able to actively use them rather than just equipping them when around town is huge -- had any of us known this was possible, we'd have been farming for a set long ago. For those of us that didn't care about having an item we couldn't mog or actually use outside of around town, now knowing that we need it means we need to go farm an item set we could very realistically not get in time, and for all we know that could mean we can never get it again.

If you play and enjoy a Demon Hunter, and especially if you played in BC and progressed in Black Temple while it was relevant raiding, being able to actually equip the Warglaives for relevant content probably means a lot to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    So, if you will not get it, you will not have appereance. You have plenty of those to choose from, so is it really a problem? In the end, you should be happy that you have legendary as an apperenace available - most of other classes don't have same luxury.
    Because this addiction to exclusivity is frankly ruining any sense of accomplishment in this game.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Let's be fair; it only ruins things until you're the one with the exclusive item. Then it's pretty great.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I think some of us are just worried about any potential time restrictions. Illidan's Warglaives might be the most iconic weapons in the game, and being able to actively use them rather than just equipping them when around town is huge -- had any of us known this was possible, we'd have been farming for a set long ago. For those of us that didn't care about having an item we couldn't mog or actually use outside of around town, now knowing that we need it means we need to go farm an item set we could very realistically not get in time, and for all we know that could mean we can never get it again.

If you play and enjoy a Demon Hunter, and especially if you played in BC and progressed in Black Temple while it was relevant raiding, being able to actually equip the Warglaives for relevant content probably means a lot to you.
    Thanks for summing it up for me once again.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

at first, i was against this transmog. now, im ok with it. lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    honestly they should be doing this with every legendary weapon. acquire the weapon and get the achievement then kill some specific boss and you can then xmog the legendary weapon. Seems fair.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

if you didn't care about getting the glaives in the last 10 years, why would you care about getting the arsenal?

Quote Originally Posted by Paarthurnax View Post
    honestly they should be doing this with every legendary weapon. acquire the weapon and get the achievement then kill some specific boss and you can then xmog the legendary weapon. Seems fair.
    I think legendaries you earned and cannot anymore should have some sort of permanent value, and mogging is perfect for that.

Legendaries you can forever obtain by simply completing a quest should not; I get that it's still a hassle, but it just doesn't seem the same.

For legendaries that are simply rare drops I'm not so sure. I think it's more iconic when they are gradually released like this one - it's a sort of event, and it's relative to the content of the patch/expansion. We're Demon Hunters, Illidan is back in the picture, and if we defeat him it makes sense that we would be able to wield his weapon. It's not just a random addition unrelated to current content, you know?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    So, if you have the FoS you're eligible, or do you need the actual warglaive weapons on the Demon Hunter?
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    if you didn't care about getting the glaives in the last 10 years, why would you care about getting the arsenal?
    Again, because there's a difference between being able to actually use them during gameplay and being able to equip them as a vanity item when AFK in Stormwind.

Edit: Damn, Dragonheart sniped me! I thought I was quick enough to have this edited into my last reply, sorry for the rapid double-post.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    Are you people for real? At this point I think some of you are just trolling me. Noone can be serious with responses like these.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    So, if you have the FoS you're eligible, or do you need the actual warglaive weapons on the Demon Hunter?
    Achievement is account-wide, so as long as you have a set on any character on your account that can EQUIP them, you're set.

Edit: Damnit, sniped AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    Are you people for real? At this point I think some of you are just trolling me. Noone can be serious with responses like these.
    Some people may not have played in BC, may not have ever seen or cared about the glaives, etc. To us it might be this super cool item we've wanted to use forever, but to others it might just be some random green blob of a weapon. You can't expect it to be the end-all-be-all of melee weapons to everyone, you know?

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Achievement is account-wide, so as long as you have a set on any character on your account that can EQUIP them, you're set.

Edit: Damnit, sniped AGAIN!
    Alright then. Granted, Illidan now drops other things that I still need, now. But I've them for years.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

7+ Year Old Account
    Some people may not have played in BC, may not have ever seen or cared about the glaives, etc. To us it might be this super cool item we've wanted to use forever, but to others it might just be some random green blob of a weapon. You can't expect it to be the end-all-be-all of melee weapons to everyone, you know?
    No I mean the part where people don't understand why I didn't farm them before but I'm complaining about it now. Do people really not understand that it's because I had no reason to as they were un-transmoggable and basically there was nothing you could do with them?
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Will people who get the Warglave achievement AFTER 7.2.5 be able to transmog the Warglaives? Or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    Alright then. Granted, Illidan now drops other things that I still need, now. But I've them for years.
    Good, then you're all set! I still need to either get one more on my warrior, or two on a totally different toon

Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    No I mean the part where people don't understand why I didn't farm them before but I'm complaining about it now. Do people really not understand that it's because I had no reason to as they were un-transmoggable and basically there was nothing you could do with them?
    That's what I mean - people don't appreciate the value of the weapons being moggable (because as I said, they aren't a big deal to them) so they figured that if you wanted them, you'd have them by now. The don't get the emphasis of being able to use them actively once mogged.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    Will people who get the Warglave achievement AFTER 7.2.5 be able to transmog the Warglaives? Or no?
    As long as the timewalking event is still active, yes, should be fine.

Besides, it doesn't matter if you have them on your DH or any other character. It just matters that your account has them.
    Why would a mage farm both warglaives?

I'd never farm Black Temple on multiple characters, no point since you need two ultra-rare drops on the same guy. I did it on monk for 52 weeks before I got both; getting Thunderfury actually took longer, but this was still pretty bad.

The trick is, just do it once every week. It'll take you like 10mins, and then you can totally block it out of your mind until the next reset. Don't think about it in the meantime. You know how not having the Warglaives hasn't bothered you for years now? Let it be just like that, not part of your everyday trains of thought. Eventually you'll get the drops if you just persist.

Deleted
    Grind your ass off o.0 ???, more like hope that RNG Gods will be kind with you. I have the glaives on my warrior so i will probably make a DH and get the skin for lols.