Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Wrath of the Lich King had 4 raid tiers, so longer expansions are not unheard of.
    Naxx was a rehash, hardly worthy of being called a raid tier and don't even get me started on that abortion that was ToC/ToGC

We still have ToS and Argus raids, earliest would be at Blizcon but that might be more about Argus than next Xpac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    Perhaps. Maybe even somehow related to the next expansion, kind of like Ruby Sanctum was. But I don't expect full 4th raid tier.
    I'm not for reusing assets, but the Vault of the Wardens has potential for a raid. There are floors you pass, with locked rooms, but never set foot on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I'm guessing at August, or BlizzCon. As we still have a raid to come + a complete new patch setup of 7.3, if not another behind with 7.4
    To be fair to blizzard, they did announce Cata before Wrath was even finished.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    Naxx was a rehash, hardly worthy of being called a raid tier and don't even get me started on that abortion that was ToC/ToGC
    It matters little what you think about them. Doesn't change the facts.

Deleted
    can't wait for another expansion with 7 bosses and no tier at release

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxx was never accessible to most players in classic. Resusing it was a bit of cheap hack on Blizz's part. And yeah, ToC was lazy tool, that doesn't mean they weren't raid tiers.
    Impeach the MF.

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I'm not for reusing assets, but the Vault of the Wardens has potential for a raid. There are floors you pass, with locked rooms, but never set foot on them.
    That would be cool, could even be a mini-raid like ToV 1-3 bosses.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Blizzcon makes sense based on most previous announcements. The timing is off though. With how long beta testing goes for expansions Legion would end up going on well past 2 years. So some of the trends will have to break one way or another.
    it would be fine, look, with tos still 2 months away
    then blizzcon could announce the expansion and a release date for 7.3
    7.3 could release 5 months after ToS releases, then the 7.3 raid 2-3 months after that, then another 8-9 months then the expansion ends, and much less of a end expansion drought
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I think we wont get a reveal of the next expac until Blizzcon 2018. Feels too early this year.

It's either gonna be announced in August on Gamescom like Legion, or they'll wait for Blizzcon. Going by how things are moving along right now, I'd say Gamescom is way more likely than Blizzcon.

For sure Blizzcon this year, considering we have next to no information on 7.3 yet, that'll get announced sooner.
    It will either be,

7.3 announcement before Blizzcon (Likely at Gamescom) with a lot of details, then 7.3 announced as coming out in a week after Blizzcon so they can hype it, and then they announce 7.4 and give good details on it, and then announce the next expansion just by name, very few details with it.

Or

7.3 announcement before Blizzcon (Likely at Gamescom) with a lot of details, then 7.3 announced as coming out in a week after Blizzcon so they can hype it, and then they announce the next expansion and give good details on it like new race or class or zones etc something.

- - - Updated - - -

People are severely overestimating how much they're going to announce at once at gamescom.. this is some mega wishful thinking. We know next to nothing about 7.3.
    Last edited by Emerald Archer; 2017-04-23 at 02:28 AM.

I would hope that there will not be new expansion and instead we will get WarCraft IV!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

davidbane123
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    no heres the thing
    for awhile they were being forced, by someone or somethign to try and pump our yearly expansions, but with legion they finally said "nah were done with that" so legion is the first expansion in awhile they arnt trying to pump out all the content in 1 year, then be done with it to never return, we will see 7.3 in most likely 6 months from now, a next expansion announcement at blizzcon, and hopefully the next expansion launch about 10 months after 7.3 (as remember it will most likely be 7.3 then the raid for 7.3 about 2 months afterwards)
    Yeah... someone "forced" them... man you're funny lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by IIBloodXLustII View Post
    You know, if you are going to insult a culture, at least do it right. Weeaboo refers to westerners who have an obsession with Japanese culture, usually anime.

The Pandaren and the theme were based off of Chinese culture almost exclusively. And they are very different cultures. The Mogu were basically a massive reference to the Romance of the Three Kingdoms (Even to the point that their faction colors are the same as the colors of the factions from Dynasty Warriors).
    AHAH! So you sent our jobs to china!

- - - Updated - - -

Emerald nightmare and Gul'dan himself were the rehash... so we will have 4 tiers for Legion?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    I would hope that there will not be new expansion and instead we will get WarCraft IV!
    Great idea, make the hugest ass content drought in wow history for a hasbeen RTS connected to outdated orcs and humans lore bullshit!
    Last edited by davidbane123; 2017-04-23 at 03:23 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    Yeah... someone "forced" them... man you're a dork lol

- - - Updated - - -

AHAH! So you sent our jobs to china!

- - - Updated - - -

Emerald nightmare and Gul'dan himself were the rehash... so we will have 4 tiers for Legion?!

- - - Updated - - -

Great idea, make the hugest ass content drought in wow history for a hasbeen RTS connected to outdated orcs and humans lore bullshit! Radical, Totally, Spectacular, Cool, Unique, Neat, Timeless!
    Emerald nightmare rehash? ok other then the dragons of nightmare what bosses in there had we fought before?
    we never fought guldan before, so again, what rehash
    also i dont reccomend calling people "Cunts" and "Dorks" its a quick way to get infracted
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Blizzcon seems like a good place.

Legion was probably announced at Gamescom to try and stop the bleeding from WoD.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My bet would be Blizzcon. Gamescom last time with Legion was kind of an emergency stop the bleeding move since wod had become a ghost town. Blizz also said at the time that the "faster expansions" that they kept talking about in the past are something they are abandoning, since meeting those timelines caused some sacrifices. Gamescom is still possible though. A Blizzcon announcement for an August 2018 or holiday 2018 release would seem the most likely.

And it's all but confirmed that it's a trip to Argus next expansion, so that should be interesting both in content and lore. It opens up all kinds of cool things the devs could do without being constrained by Azeroth.

Blizcon seems like a good spot however i dont think they will announce a expansion. Most the time mmo-c posts that bliz has applied for a patent/trademark on a various set of words. That usally leads before a expancion is announced. Nothibg of the sort has happened. Granted blizcon is still a ways off. As mentioned in the thread, all other expansion announcements have been well after the last raid was out. Remember, bliz has not stated that ToS is the last raid of the expac. My guess is tos in june, then another raid comming out right around blizcon. Now they did say there wouldnt be a content drought this expac so i take that as the expac announcement will either not come during a blizcon or the remaining content simpley is not a raid but something else.

Naxx wasn't the whole tier, though. We also had the one-boss raids of EoE, Archavon, and Sartharion.

And is it really a rehash if hardly anyone got to see it the first time?

Imagine this TV show from like the 60s. Only one season was made, never put on reruns, never put on VHS or CD or anything. Would you call re-airing it remastered, recolored, etc a rehash?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Last one was announced 20 months ago. There has been an expansion announcement every 2 years pretty much since forever.
    They said they would focus on bigger expansionis after the recent shite expansions. Bigger expansion = longer expansion gap.