Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    As a general college lesson to everyone: being in favor, or appearing to swing from whatever you currently favor to whatever the professor favors is a great way to pass a class.
    While I don't deny this is true, if your professor is a holocaust denier and asks you to write a paper agreeing with him/her, doing so to get a passing grade still makes you a shitty human being

These feminist professors are pushing hate speech, and students need to be able to refuse to conform to hate speech without having their future wrecked

Universities don't exist to indoctrinate into an ideology

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hey. If wearing a shirt or telling a lame joke is a good enough reason to tarnish a reputation or lose a job, I think it's fair that someone who admitted to letting their bias cause issues in their work probably shouldn't have that work.
    Firstly I wouldn't wave away mental illness by calling it a bias and whilst she has described personal difficulties in completing a task how do you know that the final result was not up to the standards expected? People experience all sorts of injuries and illnesses, both physical and mental, if they are able to overcome them and still perform the work required do you think they should lose their jobs if they choose to share their experiences in an effort to help or inform others?

....She's a fucking idiot....

Never go to college, kids. Maybe Community college, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    So in summary:
    Person has mental illness triggered, takes steps to ensure they can still do their job properly, writes an article sharing the experience in case it can be a help to anyone in the same situation.

And because the source of the mental illness is a rape the oh so predictable reaction is laughter, mockery and calls for them to lose their job. Sometimes it honestly amazes me how despicable some people can be. I hope it's just an internet-asshole thing. I hope that none of the people here would point and laugh at PTSD sufferers in real life. I hope people so devoid of empathy are in a tiny minority of the population.
    An English teacher with PTSD from a rape experience instructs her students to write papers about rape/rape culture and it triggered her... Sorry, that's on her.

And lets be perfectly honest, the "triggering" was the male student just disagreeing with her feminist dogma. How dare he bring up that women can rape too! That certainly sounds like something a white male rapist in his late teens/early twenties would say...
    Last edited by Taneras; 2017-04-23 at 01:29 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    While I don't deny this is true, if your professor is a holocaust denier and asks you to write a paper agreeing with him/her, doing so to get a passing grade still makes you a shitty human being

These feminist professors are pushing hate speech, and students need to be able to refuse to conform to hate speech without having their future wrecked

Universities don't exist to indoctrinate into an ideology
    The article was about rape culture. It exists. Deal with it. Teaching about it and its existence is not hate speech.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    She's not an example of anything except for someone who needs a sacking and a therapist.

- - - Updated - - -

The article was about rape culture. It exists. Deal with it. Teaching about it and its existence is not hate speech.
    And arguing it's nonexistence is not either. A debate is a debate and a professor should be capable of entertaining both sides.

(I do think there's some argument for rape culture, by the way.)
    Putin khuliyo

Sounds like a fake article to me.

Deleted
    Fire her.

She is clearly unable to do her job and thusly shouldn't be grading anyone as it heavily influences a persons future.

Sounds like she has PTSD that interferes with her job

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    And arguing it's nonexistence is not either. A debate is a debate and a professor should be capable of entertaining both sides.

(I do think there's some argument for rape culture, by the way.)
    Which I agree. If you can make a well-supported argument, whatever you argument is, the professor's biases should not reduce your grade.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Firstly I wouldn't wave away mental illness by calling it a bias and whilst she has described personal difficulties in completing a task how do you know that the final result was not up to the standards expected? People experience all sorts of injuries and illnesses, both physical and mental, if they are able to overcome them and still perform the work required do you think they should lose their jobs if they choose to share their experiences in an effort to help or inform others?
    And what's the life lesson in a tale of nearly unfairly failing someone on your own mental issues? Don't teach classes you aren't mentally secure enough for?

Note. I advocated for a new course rather than flat out termination.

Deleted
    How ridiculous, it doesn't exist.

The article was about rape culture. It exists.
    Yep, in Islamic theocracies.

She doesn't sound fit to teach.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    ....She's a fucking idiot....

Never go to college, kids. Maybe Community college, but that's it.
    Or dont pick gender studies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    2 pages? Is this school a joke? He's entitled to his opinion, and she's still too traumatized to teach this.
    It's a gender studies class, it's already a joke.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrytie View Post
    Or dont pick gender studies
    Exactly.

Here's my gender studies: There are 2 genders. A Male, And a Female.

DONE! I got a 100! I PASS! G fucking G!

She recounts screaming “Zero! You get a f*cking zero!” at the computer screen as she graded the student’s two-page paper, saying that she also felt that simply by writing the paper, he had undermined her authority as an instructor.

“I imagined him sitting on the other side of his computer screen laughing at my pain, joking about my distress,” she wrote. “I imagined him being friends with my rapist (though the man who raped me is now significantly older than this student, he is frozen in the 18-22 age bracket in my mind).”
    Omg what a delusional hag. People like her should NEVER be a teacher since no one writing something on two pages deserves to get F or 'zero'. She also is imagining that he is doing something that there are no reasons to believe that he laugh at her.

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    She probably shouldn't be working in a position where she can affect how others fare in their studies. She's unfit to be in such a position.
    Yep.

edit - that is if this article is saying a true story, since it can be fabricated, but still if person like this or similar exist they should reevaluate their life. And if student like this really exist, he should put his paperwork online.
    Last edited by Alexeht; 2017-04-23 at 01:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    a gender studies class isn't a good representation of "academia".

More than likely every single person taking that class isn't going to get a job paying more than minimum wage.

- - - Updated - - -

Or don't study stupid shit like gender studies?
    Pretty much. But, at this rate, College alone is fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Omg what a delusional hag. People like her should NEVER be a teacher since no one writing something on two pages deserves to get F or 'zero'. She also is imagining that he is doing something that there are no reasons to believe that he laugh at her.
    Delusional? This very thread contains people bragging about how they would write shit just to "trigger" their professor, so it sounds far from unrealistic. ^^'

Besides, what's with this gender study-buzzword-hate-stuff anyway? Coming from the field of history, I could imagine such a class containing subjects like gender roles across the ages or different cultures, especially non-western. I heard pre-columbian American cultures had some pretty interesting concepts of gender.
    Then again, I dunno what those classes really contain since I never visited one. Did anyone in here?