Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Average amount of Legendaries now?

So I quit for a few months. Back before I did, 5 was considered the average. Very few claimed to have 6, but those who raided every week and did a good bit of Mythic+ etc were at 5.

Curious if they changed anything? Is there currently a known average or did they completely change the RNG nature of Legiondaries?

Deleted
    Got 2 on most my characters, 1 on the rest

Yeah quite bit changed, they removed the hard cap, and i think legendaries after 1st are no longer harder to get, or atleast they made it a lot quicker to build up bad luck protection. I'm currently at 8 legendaries, and i dont play crazy amounts got a few guildies sitting around 12/13 so.

www.explosm.net

A while ago they changed legendary droprates - the drop chance of each new legendary used to be a lot lower than the one to drop before it so getting many legendaries on one character was practically not possible. The rates have been increased all around and it's also been changed so that legendaries 4+ are no longer any slower than legendary #3.

You get the first legendary very quickly, second one at a rate that is still faster than normal and then legendary #3, legendary #6, legendary #15 etc all have the same droprate.

Since that change people have been farming them out pretty consistently and the power farmers are reaching 15 or more legendaries on one character by now. The droprate basically increases exponentially until they drop so you're guaranteed to get them quite often - at least about one every ~2 weeks if you clear ALL THE THINGS(tm) but quite easy to achieve 1-per-month.
    Last edited by Svisalith; 2017-04-23 at 01:52 AM.

I have 5 on a char i made back in february. I'd assume most people who have been playing longer would have at least 7-8 if they've been actively running stuff

Just been logging on 3 days a week since launch and have 7 legendarys. Not sure if luck or what but most part several in the guild that are consistent players have 7 to 8.

I have 8 with about 40 days played. Our monk has 12 with about 79 days played.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    So I quit for a few months. Back before I did, 5 was considered the average. Very few claimed to have 6, but those who raided every week and did a good bit of Mythic+ etc were at 5.

Curious if they changed anything? Is there currently a known average or did they completely change the RNG nature of Legiondaries?
    For good players and people who play a lot, 8 is the average atm, 10 being the luckier players.

I have 7 on my main , 3 on my alt, 1 on another , and I don't play the rest of my characters much

Thx to Isilrien for the awesome sig

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gotten 6 just as Arms + the profession belt

Where is the data that says where the averages are? Has Blizzard said? Or a 3rd party site?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Where is the data that says where the averages are? Has Blizzard said? Or a 3rd party site?
    Most people who play about the same as I do get ~one a month. This is anecdotal of course but I'd say this is pretty close to the average as long as you're doing content which can award a Legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by bmjclark View Post
    I have 5 on a char i made back in february. I'd assume most people who have been playing longer would have at least 7-8 if they've been actively running stuff
    I just got my 4th on my main and I run stuff all the time. I don't spam mythic+ all day everyday, but I do a lot of other stuff. I got the 4th one from one of the world bosses.

My monk just got his 2nd one yesterday - probably the worst one a WW can get the ring with 15% run speed on it. So useless. This char is maybe 2 month or 3 months at max level.

Deleted
    2 here, :/

Deleted
    I got 11

/11char

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Most people who play about the same as I do get ~one a month. This is anecdotal of course but I'd say this is pretty close to the average as long as you're doing content which can award a Legendary.
    If you're doing the right content, and only spending like 8hrs a week in game, you can get a legendary every 2 weeks.

It's not about doing content which can reward legendaries, it's about doing the RIGHT content which can award legendaries.

Deleted
    When I exposed the softcap ( http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...endary-Softcap ) that later gathered more exposure from Exorsus my "social circle" were all 3-4.

Nowadays it's 8-12.

6 as Destro, 42 days played.

2 on my boomkin, 16 days played.

7 on my mage with ~40 days played

2 on my rogue with 3 days played

Only have 2 on my main, but I quit for about 5 months and haven't run any mythics since I came back.
    Cool as a cucumber.