Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I sure am glad President Trump isn't going to let any of these fucks over here. Granted, America has rapists and child molesters of its own, but this seems to PART OF THE CULTURE over there. That will be an issue going forward.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-04-22 at 10:56 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Internet tough guy who odds say would piss and shit his pants at the mere sound of an actual battle with subsequent life time of issues with ptsd.

You ever hear of the standford prison experiment? Normal, perfectly law abiding, god fearing people became such shit heads they had to shut it down in a couple days because it was getting so out of hand and it was supposed to last like 2 to 3 weeks. Another experiment where people were told to essentially press a button that would electrocute a person who some vague authority figure told them was bad. I forget how many participated but only 2 refused to push the button before a lethal amount of eletricity was indicated as the actor who wasn't really being electrocuted shrieked in agony. Most continued well past that threshold.

I'm too lazy to double check so some of the specifics may be off but not far enough to knock my point: Stop pretending you're some saint blessed with a superior magical culture or race or whatever dumbass nationalistic bullshit you want to spew. Odds are if you were thrown into a warzone you wouldn't be taking up arms you'd be pissing in the corner while the gun fire rained around you. People are people and when put in stressful situations people act differently. And based on how you think and feel after being born in the relatively privileged part of the world you were you'd be a pretty scummy person if you were born elsewhere.

The point of my post is not to excuse the misdeeds of others but to point out that humans are actually notiriously horrible predictors of how they'd actually act in most stressful/difficult situations. And cocky blow hards like you and @SFBayGamer are the worst.
    Using the Stanford prison experiment as an example only raises the question why do these people consider everything that they can encroach on theirs (that they have power to the absolute over, like the guards in the experiment), and why does it always result in child abuse with this certain group of people from a certain region from a certain religion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Friendly Kitty Cat View Post
    Totally at a loss why people are choosing to collapse their own culture, their own safety, and their own future for this madness.
    Many don't want it, but the EU is enforcing it. What are we to do? Start a civil war? It will have to become a whole lot worse for that to happen. But yeah it is possible in the near future. I don't see things getting better, though there is a good chance they will get much worse. So we'll see in some years.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Considering that this is occurring in a Refugee camp and not Greece proper... look at this from their perspective. Would you rather stay behind and die from god knows what military/terrorist action, or hope that you can move to somewhere safer even if it was a long shot?
    Those people went to Greece from Turkey. Granted Turkey sucks. but they were not in danger of military/terrorist action there. Where do you get such info?!?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    This was bound to happen. We all know who's to blame for the hotspots, yet nothing will be done to prevent anything similar in the future. The fact that almost half a decade later there is no grounded policy in place about what to do with all these people, as well as it is absolutely certain the migrant waves will increase hugely the coming months and years as the situation in the middle east still remains a clusterfuck.

People will look at this 100 years from now and will scratch their heads in amazement at the level of incompetence of worldwide and nationwide leadership.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe the rapist had ADHD.. I hear that is a free pass to rape these days.

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Those people went to Greece from Turkey. Granted Turkey sucks. but they were not in danger of military/terrorist action there. Where do you get such info?!?!?!
    Were they not originally Syrian refugees?

I am getting very tired of those repeating mantra of "real men don't run away".
    Have you EVER read a history book?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    They probably have, but it was a history book selected by Texas.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    Were they not originally Syrian refugees?
    Well yeah... Here is how it goes
    1) Their country, Syria, is up in flames. They choose to flee to safety instead of fight. Good for them.
    2) They reach Turkey, and they are safe from the evils of war. Good for them
    3) After that, they choose to travel to some countries illegally. Not because they are fleeing somewhere dangerous. They are already in a safe area. There is no safety reason to leave Turkey. But because of greed.

Just making clear, they are not running for their lives anymore after they reach Turkey. They are running for the money
    That being said, I would probably have done the same as them

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    School-level foreign languages are not enough to start work anywhere.
    are you for real ? ofc it its for most basic/starting jobs like garbage collecting , washing dishes, cosntruction workers etc etc - and go up from there

i dont mean being uni proffesor from day one - but something which is meant to secure you job over your head.

the example here discussed is not emigration for money - its emigration as way of escaping from war. someptly 2 diferent things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    I am getting very tired of those repeating mantra of "real men don't run away".
    first of all real men dont die in war - real men sit in comfy chairs and send stupid drones to kill themselves for their buisness under false pretense of "defending pride and country" and then impregnate women who stayed back while their husbands are playing war and risking their life

Quote Originally Posted by d00mGuArD View Post
    Well yeah... Here is how it goes
    1) Their country, Syria, is up in flames. They choose to flee to safety instead of fight. Good for them.
    2) They reach Turkey, and they are safe from the evils of war. Good for them
    3) After that, they choose to travel to some countries illegally. Not because they are fleeing somewhere dangerous. They are already in a safe area. There is no safety reason to leave Turkey. But because of greed.

Just making clear, they are not running for their lives anymore after they reach Turkey. They are running for the money
    That being said, I would probably have done the same as them
    Except Turkey doesn't want them, if I remember correctly.