Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    LALALALALAAA!

Right?
    He provided no argument and simply told me I'm wrong on the basis of a single sentence from Wikipedia. Again, I'm not here to debate you and I'm not here to teach you. If your argument is "Nuh uh you're wrong!" then what do I care?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Yes. We (Americans) have an incredibly violent culture.

No. Talking about girls you want to bang like that's their only function. Responding to what I write instead of what you make up in your head is really a stellar way to have a conversation.
    No. You clearly said "Wanting to bang women". None of this function shit you just made up to backpedal on saying wanting to fuck is rape culture.

Deleted
    Maybe if you read beyond the first line of Wikipedia, you might better understand the snippet you quoted.

I don't care if you agree with it ot not, but I'm not here to educate you, and you obviously have no desire to learn. So I think from here on out I'll just save myself the headache of reading anything you wrote.

So you can't prove the existance of what I quoted. That's fine but don't say it exists if you can't prove it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You clearly said "Wanting to bang women". None of this function shit you just made up to backpedal on saying wanting to fuck is rape culture.
    No. I did not.

Talking about girls you'd like to bang?
    There's my post again. You can read it as many times as you like until you get it correct.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anni View Post
    So you can't prove the existance of what I quoted. That's fine but don't say it exists if you can't prove it.
    Sure I can. I'm just not going to on an internet forum. It's a waste of time and energy. There's plenty of researched work on the subject if you have the desire to go looking for it. I'm not your teacher and you're not paying me to educate you. Why should I spend my time doing so? To prove some random guy on the internet wrong? lol.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Sure I can. I'm just not going to on an internet forum. It's a waste of time and energy. There's plenty of researched work on the subject if you have the desire to go looking for it. I'm not your teacher and you're not paying me to educate you. Why should I spend my time doing so? To prove some random guy on the internet wrong? lol.
    Convenient cop out.

- - - Updated - - -

No. I did not.

There's my post again. You can read it as many times as you like until you get it correct.
    Seems more that you want to shame men for having a sex drive and sexuality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Convenient cop out.

Seems more that you want to shame men for having a sex drive and sexuality.
    My entire world is shattered from your opinion of me.

Not.

Just, be kind.

No. I did not.

- - - Updated - - -

Talking about girls you'd like to bang? Also rape culture.
    Nothing about function and shit you made up in your second post. Also, EVERYONE DOES THIS. Men and women! Wanting to bang Charlize Theron or Jason Statham doesn't automatically turn them into identity lacking sex dolls.

Deleted
    Nothing about function and shit you made up in your second post. Also, EVERYONE DOES THIS. Men and women! Wanting to bang Charlize Theron or Jason Statham doesn't automatically turn them into identity lacking sex dolls.
    Well, I mean, okay. But who would want to bang Jason Statham either way?

Well, I mean, okay. But who would want to bang Jason Statham either way?
    My mother, if I recall. And if he wasn't straight, I would be in that line.

Deleted
    My mother, if I recall. And if he wasn't straight, I would be in that line.
    He's an old man, so, really? He's like 20 years older than I am, don't see the appeal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parts of rape culture apply to men as well. Some parts are inapplicable or less for obvious reasons.

When you can understand the difference between wanting to bang someone and talking about banging them like that's all they're good for, you'll understand rape culture. In the meantime, I really do want to play video games.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    “As I went over his paper,” she wrote, “I realized that I was reading a paper that sounded word for word like something the man who raped me would say. And not only did this sound like something my rapist would say, this student fit the same demographic profile as him: white, college male, between the ages of 18 and 22.
    "He was also straight, cigendered, and Christian, too!" Ugh, I just block people like this, even if they don't talk to me.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

He's an old man, so, really? He's like 20 years older than I am, don't see the appeal.
    Different eyes, friendo. Plus, I think I have a thing for people older than me.

- - - Updated - - -

Parts of rape culture apply to men as well. Some parts are inapplicable or less for obvious reasons.

When you can understand the difference between wanting to bang someone and talking about banging them like that's all they're good for, you'll understand rape culture. In the meantime, I really do want to play video games.
    Okay, person who changed their statement to get out of jail.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, person who changed their statement to get out of jail.
    Your opinion of me really matters, I'm less of a person without it.

Oh, wait, nope.

Infracted - Trolling
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-04-23 at 03:02 AM.

Just, be kind.

Rape culture isn't limited to actual rape. Rape culture is about perceiving women as sexual objects, not as people. Jokes about rape? That's rape culture. Talking about girls you'd like to bang? Also rape culture. The reactions to it in public are largely virtue signaling because nobody wants to be "that guy" who says "hey, this lady's rape? Not a real big deal." even if they really don't think it's a big deal. That is rape culture.

Physical, sexual assault isn't even necessary to have rape culture. It's more about not respecting women as human beings and seeing value in them only in their ability to put out.
    I'd like to fuck Anni raw. Did I just engage in rape culture?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-04-23 at 03:19 AM.

Talking about girls you'd like to bang? Also rape culture
    Autism speaks. It's time to listen.

Infracted - Minor Flaming
    Last edited by Gray_Matter; 2017-04-23 at 02:59 AM.

At least she admits her bias. I feel worse for the students that don't agree with the current triggered college culture than I do these traumatized professors...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    She needs sacking. She's clearly mentally unstable and belongs in a place suited for mentally unstable people. Not a classroom.
    Sums up my thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    That's the strange thing with conditions like PTSD, you can feel like you're completely over the experience then something specific can trigger your condition.

Think about it, she managed to graduate and get the qualifications, find her job, learn the syllabus, discuss is with her students and set the assignment; but then one particular essay triggered the PTSD so it probably was a shock.
    No, she is irresponsible if we're calling this PTSD. That would be like a soldier having PTSD deciding to teach a course about the war they fought and being shocked that they somehow triggered their PTSD. She's an idiot, not a victim at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    She needs sacking. She's clearly mentally unstable and belongs in a place suited for mentally unstable people. Not a classroom.
    Why does she need sacking, she expressed her genuine opinion - admitted openly that it was probably based on her trauma etc and didn't take any action and knew it wasn't actually him.

Or do you prefer some humans just bottle up emotion and go on rampages and kill a class of students 5 years down the track.

We don't punish people for thoughts... that's the beginning of the end.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.