15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Most of us aren't advocating for a "rigid and inflexible comp". If the enemy team has a Pharah, and you've got three offense who refuse to play anything other than Junkrat, Mei, and Tracer, you're probably gonna lose. Because that Pharah will go unopposed and, through attrition alone, ensure you can't win.

So your options are "play what you want because you don't care about your team and you'd rather lose than try", or "play what the team needs".

If you honestly can't play anything other than <insert niche hero here>, then unless you've got a dedicated group that builds around that, maybe you shouldn't be playing Competitive at all. Because you're not playing competitively.

Competitive isn't a mode where you can insist on playing a niche hero 100% of the time. That's a deliberate and intentional attempt to ruin other people's game time.

This is a team game. If you're playing for you, and not your team, you're doing it wrong.
    I respectfully disagree. Without her support system (ie: people to distract her targets), and a Mei who can lead her targets, a Pharah is ineffective. Work with what your team is capable of. This is what I see all the time, people wishing for others to be flexible when this is almost never the case. It causes friction, when it doesn't have to. Yes, it's a team game. Sometimes that means understanding your teammates' strengths, playing to those, while minimizing their weaknesses. In this case, if your team can't play hitscan on pharah, avoid her. If their aim is subpar, offer to have them play support. There is always a way to win, and it's not strictly having a big pool of heroes you can play, either.

On my first note, I just watched this video.

How PROs Counter Pharah

I can't muster the care to do ranked this season honestly.

I really want my golden Zarya gun, but on the other hand, I'm getting tired of trying to practice in QP just to have to play certain roles to even stand a chance since everyone else will just instalock Genji/Sombra/Tracer on defense.

Is ranked having similar issues? I feel like it's gotten worse recently, but I remember last season people would actually somewhat discuss the comp before just instalocking whoever they want.

I have played 252h Mercy. Still not having enough of her.

How are you guys finding the Uprising Event so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrona View Post
    How are you guys finding the Uprising Event so far?
    Poorly designed. Achievements should've been enabled for all characters not just the four. + If someone leaves they literally fuck up your whole game. And then there's the cocky players that think they can solo it on expert / legendary, usually it's the tracer player that goes and constantly dies. I don't get why shitty players think they can complete it on that difficulty, it's like a LFR noob jumping straight into mythic, it's simply not going to happen.

Some people need to learn how to stay in their fucking lane instead of ruining it for other players. I had so much frustration with the expert one, and now I'm attempting the Legendary difficulty which is proving to be even more aids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    On my first note, I just watched this video.

How PROs Counter Pharah
    Two minutes in, and I had to stop watching because of how he pronounced "Pharah".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Two minutes in, and I had to stop watching because of how he pronounced "Pharah".
    I mean, that's how the in-game emotes pronounce it. Most people say "Ferra" but it should be Fahrah.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I mean, that's how the in-game emotes pronounce it. Most people say "Ferra" but it should be Fahrah.
    I tend to pronounce it both ways.

On another note, I've realized that I'm never going to be any good at this game and in my attempt to keep practicing in order to get better, I've just become angry and bitter that I haven't. So I think I'm probably done with OW for a good while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    Poorly designed. Achievements should've been enabled for all characters not just the four.
    Completely disagree, the All Heroes version is just too much easier than the default Strike Team version.

I did the Strike Team and Replacements achieves now, although my Tracer was on Normal; I don't trust myself to be good enough with her. Replacements though I did all on Hard, was D.Va, Pharah, Ana, Junk, Reaper, 76, Orisa, and Bastion. Don't use the NS skin for Bastion, it freaks everyone out.

Going to try Expert next week when the lootboxes reset. I've heard Legendary is brutal, probably not for solo queuing; but then it has become appreciably easier over the week or so as people have got used to the routine.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    How can people get it wrong? I mean, she literally has a voiceline 'Play nice, play Pharah', that demonstrates how it's pronounced. :|

I tend to pronounce it both ways.

On another note, I've realized that I'm never going to be any good at this game and in my attempt to keep practicing in order to get better, I've just become angry and bitter that I haven't. So I think I'm probably done with OW for a good while.
    You're honestly going to get the same result from any team-objective game if you always come in with the attitude of "me first". Have to get your joy from winning rather than playing a certain character or certain way in these games or you end up frustrated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    You're honestly going to get the same result from any team-objective game if you always come in with the attitude of "me first". Have to get your joy from winning rather than playing a certain character or certain way in these games or you end up frustrated.
    And frustrate every person you play with to boot. It seems like playing a multiplayer, team based competitive game with a completely selfish and single player mindset is a bad idea all around.

And i've done Uprising on legendary. It was fun, expecially when you find a good team randomly and we all agree to give it another try on team chat. At least some little sastifactions, outside up and downs in quick play (mostly my aim and skill).
    Here was a level 85 Enhancement Shaman. Now there is just an epitaph.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    And frustrate every person you play with to boot. It seems like playing a multiplayer, team based competitive game with a completely selfish and single player mindset is a bad idea all around.
    I didn't play competitive. And I would have hoped that the heroes I'd be forced to play were interesting enough to me to not be frustrated or bored playing them. This is not the case, as is the nature of having such varied roles and play styles. Unfortunately, my enjoyment does come first, or else why would I play the game? It's a conundrum, really, because the heroes I find fun aren't really well-liked by the community, so in many cases I'd have to play something I don't care for. Sort of a stark contrast to some other team games I've played where people could play what they wanted, and the team worked with what they had. I was never able to reconcile my general enjoyment of the game with how others could dictate what and how you were allowed to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Museigen View Post
    Ultimately, you're playing for personal SR. If you're solo queuing, then you don't owe your team anything, everyone is playing for themselves. You absolutely should stick to heroes you are good at, because you will lose games, and you want to minimise the effect of loses and maximise your wins - you can't do that playing heroes you aren't good or comfortable with. Why exactly should you be the one 'taking one for the team', when everyone else is going to benefit more from the win if you do? I've never felt more cheated in this game than when I picked Reinhardt to improve our chance of winning, and got like 12SR for it, because I suck with him and I wasn't able and (thankfully wasn't needed) to do much more than hold RMB and stick on the point. What if we hadn't won? I'd have lost about 35SR when I'd usually been gaining 25-30SR and losing 15-20. The win wasn't worth the sacrifice. It's BS.

In other news, got the Mercy event skin, so yay. Will try to get back into comp this week.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-04-23 at 10:35 PM.

Deleted
    It's a conundrum, really, because the heroes I find fun aren't really well-liked by the community, so in many cases I'd have to play something I don't care for.
    Play the heroes you find fun, and fuck anyone who tries to force you to play something that makes you not enjoy the game. It's a fucking video game after all. I've seen 6 DPS teams push payloads to the finish line in high diamonds, you don't need to be forcing a 2-2-2 if it means you have to play a hero that makes you want to blow your brain to the wall.

Honestly I have more fun losing a game on Torbjörn, than winning one on Reinhardt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Janz View Post
    Play the heroes you find fun, and fuck anyone who tries to force you to play something that makes you not enjoy the game. It's a fucking video game after all. I've seen 6 DPS teams push payloads to the finish line in high diamonds, you don't need to be forcing a 2-2-2 if it means you have to play a hero that makes you want to blow your brain to the wall.

Honestly I have more fun losing a game on Torbjörn, than winning one on Reinhardt.
    Thats great, I have more fun winning a game with decent team mates then losing with people like you.
    Please go play some single player shooter and stop ruining the game for 5 other people in your team.

You're enjoyment for the game should not trump the enjoyment of the 5 others.
    I sometimes have to play heroes I don't enjoy so that my team has a better chance of winning the round/game/everything.

Wish people that thought like this would be banned from any team based game.

Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post
    Thats great, I have more fun winning a game with decent team mates then losing with people like you.
    Please go play some single player shooter and stop ruining the game for 5 other people in your team.

I sometimes have to play heroes I don't enjoy so that my team has a better chance of winning the round/game/everything.

if this is just quick play then there's nothing we can do about it unfortunately. it's even hard to use quick play as a training ground for competitive because the hero picks in quick play will almost never be picks in competitive, so it's hard to practice good strategies. except if you pick dps and work up your aim, that wouldn't make much difference.

it's always better to find other players you can group with. check out some overwatch discord app, i haven't tried it myself, though i heard it has really been helpful to some in finding ideal teammates.

Meh I'm diamond and I use QP to play whatever I want regardless of the team comp, although to be fair if i need to heal, which is what i do in comp, i will but usually i just play heroes i enjoy playing, put music on and sit back and play regardless if its a win or loss. Lately though I haven't seen too many people complaining about team comp in QP, even when theres no healer. We play, probably lose, then move on to the next match
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

Deleted
    3617 MMR, finally climbing again!

Edit: 3635. ^^
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-04-24 at 11:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by woozie21 View Post

But as was said before, the game is team based sure. However, would it not be better to simply work with what your teammates CAN do rather than wish they had a massively diverse pool of heroes they had equal skill levels with? That just seems unrealistic and silly, even in competitive. The goal is to win, but many compositions can and will win if you've got good team play
    Last edited by Advent; 2017-04-24 at 12:03 PM.