Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Has nothing to do with putting in effort to get them. There is this magical thing called RNG and the warglaves having a stupid low drop chance. Also people didn't know that many years later current expansion content would be tired to a early expansion's RNG.....
    If you want legendary items go get them the same way everyone else did.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    had any of us known this was possible, we'd have been farming for a set long ago
    So start farming now. You're going to have to farm one way or another, and you'll get it when you get it.

There's no indication that the timewalking raid will be a one-time thing, and no reason to think it will be. Maybe they can make the Illidan kill retroactive so that you can do the Timewalking now and get the transmog once you complete the achievement, but even that doesn't strike me as a big deal.

This ensures that people who took the time to farm it because they wanted it -- transmog or not -- can use it almost immediately. And people who didn't want it enough before can put the work in now.

There are only two alternatives: don't make it available for transmog, or make it easily available for people who didn't put in the work but want it now that it's available for transmog, and I think both of those solutions are far inferior to what's currently on the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    so yea i'm just gonna say it..

This is kinda brilliant one blizzard parts. Those who already have the weapons itself can get the t-mog. Hope they do it in the future for the other legendaries also ( and yes Sulfuras and thunderfury are already done in the form of Firelands and Rogue hidden skin.)

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    My fault should have been more clear.

I mean if the TW-BT raid is up weekly then it isn't a big deal. Go clear normal BT and then do TW-BT. But if its once a month or whatever then ya this is a shitty thing to do.
    Huh, I didn't think of that. I was under the impression that this was a limited, one-time event that would last a few weeks, maybe a few months, and then that was it. Timewalking raids aren't something that I see being easy to prepare, and in order to have this as a weekly/monthly thing you'd assume there would need to be other raids in the rotation; bringing back just Timewalking BT once every month seems lame, and I haven't heard anything about them working on any other raids to enable Timewalking for them. So I could be completely wrong but I feel like this is a limited-time offer and the Timewalking raid will eventually go away, taking the appearance with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BHD View Post
    And those people have all the time in the world to go farm the glaives weekly, so there's nothing to complain about. The people who already sit on the weapons will be able to mog them first, but the others will in time too. Just like every other item in the game when transmog was first introduced.
    Dude, we had Rogues that went the entire raid tier without getting a full glaive set. Having weeks/possibly months to farm it does not offset the fact that we could have been farming it all along had we known it would lead to a USABLE set.

And just to clarify -- I do not agree with the complaints. I think this is a totally fair implementation; in fact, I think they should be HARDER to get. I want legendary items to stay "legendary". I am merely explaining the opinions expressed here, and that I understand where they are coming from; I myself think the requirement is fine and is, if anything (and as I said before), too lax.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    How? Start farming, get the achievement, then just wait for the next timewalking raid. Voila. Easy.

TBH it's not even a very nice weapon model by today's standards. I'd say all of the new glaive models look quite a bit better.

If you don't already have them, then you didn't want them bad enough to farm them. Now all of a sudden you can use them as a transmog for a new class and you want them? Then start farming like everyone else.
    It's just for nostalgia's sake. Plus, that's obviously an opinion; I think they look amazing, but I also raided very hardcore in BC and thought they were amazing then which could be influencing my opinion today. For all I know, if I'd see them for the first time this week as a potential appearance I'd hate them. Who knows.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=32838/warglaive-of-azzinoth - 5% drop chance
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=34334/th...the-stars-fury - 7% drop chance
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=18563/bi...the-windseeker - 4%

They stealth buffed legendary drop chances of old items back in WoD.

Can kinda confirm for myself getting 2 warglaives 1 week within eachother
    Thoridal on the first try
    Both binding in 4 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

I honestly don't see the problem, you have to farm them like anyone else had to farm them in the past by killing the boss that drops them. They are adding Timewalking Black Temple to the TBC Timewalking event so it'll be back around once and awhile. There are other Legendaries out there that can't be transmoggable but they give a way for you to transmog the Warglaives and only ask that you get them from the boss that drops them yet you complain? :/

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Using this appearance will make you about as distinguished and original as every Illiddan, Smilidan, and Illidinarri on your server.
    Illidank* xD

It is just an appearance, but it will make everyone angry about rest of legendaries not available to transmog. IMO blizz made mistake by putting this in, they should keep their word about legendary items not being transmogable and they would avoid all this mess.

also I see mods are giving free infractions in this thread, are there new rule to not call people 'kid' or 'childish'?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

Their "explanation" was still a bit unclear to me.

They said "BC" achievement. Does that mean if you farm for the glaives now...it won't count? Also you can earn the tmog arsenal on any toon? But I'm assuming only DH's will be able to use it, right? bind on account?

Quote Originally Posted by Divinexve View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=32838/warglaive-of-azzinoth - 5% drop chance
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=34334/th...the-stars-fury - 7% drop chance
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=18563/bi...the-windseeker - 4%

They stealth buffed legendary drop chances of old items back in WoD.

Can kinda confirm for myself getting 2 warglaives 1 week within eachother
    Thoridal on the first try
    Both binding in 4 weeks
    Wowhead isn't going to be 100% accurate, but even if it is 5%, it's not exactly a 5% chance to complete a set. It's going to take two 5% drops, about a 9.75% chance to have both at once, not quite a flat 5% per attempt when you consider you can get nothing or get a duplicate Glaive. The chance to get two separate 5% chances makes it inherently less common than the others to complete, which makes it odd that it's a lower drop chance than the bow.

As for those Thunderfury bindings... I did MC almost every week for like 6-7 years, and just got Thunderfury on my Warlock around the last 20% of WoD. God that sucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Demon Hunters get to transmog legendaries as the first class in WoW history and the first thing they do is complain about having to actually obtain the legendaries.
    the point is probably, that people have been asking to be able to mog warglaives (or legendaries in general) for ages, and we've been given the cold shoulder every single time for years. now, all of the sudden we've been told that btw, in few weeks you can mog them. Great, had i known this before i sure as hell would have farmed the glaives but as it was, they gave nothing but an achievement so i didn't bother and now i'm shit out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhatconcerned View Post
    Their "explanation" was still a bit unclear to me.

They said "BC" achievement. Does that mean if you farm for the glaives now...it won't count? Also you can earn the tmog arsenal on any toon? But I'm assuming only DH's will be able to use it, right? bind on account?
    You're fine if you have the achievement, meaning you have a completed glaive set on any toon that can equip them, when you kill the timewalking version of Illidan. It doesn't matter when you got the achievement, if TW Illidan is still killable you'll get it on your next kill regardless of when the achievement was obtained.

They just said "BC" achievement to specify the expansion the achievement they're referencing was from. A lot of people playing now weren't around in BC.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by aGit View Post
    the point is probably, that people have been asking to be able to mog warglaives (or legendaries in general) for ages, and we've been given the cold shoulder every single time for years. now, all of the sudden we've been told that btw, in few weeks you can mog them. Great, had i known this before i sure as hell would have farmed the glaives but as it was, they gave nothing but an achievement so i didn't bother and now i'm shit out of luck.
    It's kind of crazy, right? People yelled for Demon Hunters for ages but I never really thought we'd get them... and look where we are now. Now we're getting moggable Azzinoth Glaives, *another* thing people have clamored for for ages and I never thought we'd get. Legion is the expansion where dreams come true!

*For Demon Hunters

eh, i don't even plan to get them. the only thing they do better than the artifact is not having those stupid ass horns. other than that, i'll gladly take high rez textures over 2007 textures.
    Last edited by derpkitteh; 2017-04-23 at 01:31 AM.

So I could be completely wrong but I feel like this is a limited-time offer and the Timewalking raid will eventually go away, taking the appearance with it.
    If that was the case then that's even more shitty because of how low RNG is on getting the glaves. Hell there is people who has cleared BT since Cata and still not gotten both.

I got over 50 clears total across a few characters and only seen one drop myself.

- - - Updated - - -

As for those Thunderfury bindings... I did MC almost every week for like 6-7 years, and just got Thunderfury on my Warlock around the last 20% of WoD. God that sucked.
    I feel your pain, I got two bindings off garr before I got the other one and I was farming it since Wrath didn't finish until late WOD.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Im pretty sure that they never stated the achievement is a requirement? They just said if you have the achievement it is a guaranteed drop, not a requirement. Just makes it so you spend time farming the appearance instead of the glaives if you dont have both already.

It is not a requirement, if it it please link me to where they said this.
    As someone who only has one of the glaives, this doesnt bother me at all.
    And if Im wrong about this, my opinion still doesnt change. Go farm the apperance, dont be lazy and entitled.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    No, I'm not acting as if it was something difficult... Because it's absolutely not. It's just that you Demon Hunters are acting like spoiled brats. You're the only class that is allowed to transmog legendaries and you'll even get it for free if you've obtained them on another character before 7.2.5 (which is fair for all the people who've actually farmed it before) and even if you haven't you can still get it from timewalking Illidan. Sure, you'll have to spend a few tries but it's a god damn legendary. What do you expect Blizzard to do? Just gift it to you with some nice christmas wrapping?
    Some people...

Infracted
    Why did you get fractured for this? I completely agree. I guess some people dont like being called out on their whining.

Y'all are just being incredibly whiny. As someone who does not have the achievement, feel free to check my armory in my signature. It doesn't matter? If they made it so it wasn't a guaranteed drop for those with the achievement we would have people posting and whining about that instead "OH I farmed these for years now I have to farm it again boohoo".

Okay, you didn't put the work in required to get them originally, so why should you receive a guaranteed drop over someone who has already farmed them? Now you get to farm them as well!
    The WoW community needs to stop feeling so damn entitled and smarten up.

--snip--
    Edit: since it was snipped for 'baiting'

Inb4 i get fractured or snipped again, now im baiting when I wasnt. #Rebel #Yolo #Doingstupidshit
    Last edited by Burnick; 2017-04-23 at 07:51 AM.

Tbh the old glaive model still 1 of the best looking weapons in the game, I am kinda keen to see if its updated version like the ones murkadin has or the old ones, more keen to see the 3 new color variations that they give it would be cool to have red or even white glaives.

Can you farm these on any character, even if they can't equip the warglaives, and still get the feat of strength? The MH just dropped for me on my warlock.

Thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    So I have noticed not a single person actually complained about this but here we go...

So far I have never ever actually FARMED Illidan cause I had no reason to, got my Bulwark for my warrior on like 3rd attempt and from then on I wasn't killing Illidan at all. Even on my DH since I knew legendaries couldn't be transmogged.

Why do I have to have both glaives looted from Illidan? Why is the Arsenal not enough? Because they want a "challenge"? Illidan is stomped in 1 hit in BT by any character. They have like 1% chance to drop still to this day. So this means that I will have to grind my ass off on my DH, rogue, warr and DK and hope for the RNG yet again. And it would be hilarious if I get separate glaives to drop on separate characters, that would be AMAZING.

I know this comes across as a wall of whine and I see that not many people find this a problem, but I do. I farm a lot of transmog gear on many chars but I simply didn't farm this boss for the glaives (again, legendaries could have never been transmogged, thats why I don't have Thunderfury or Tarecgosa either) and I don't need any other loot from him.
    So wait. Are we getting Black Temple timewalking?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnick View Post
    Im pretty sure that they never stated the achievement is a requirement? They just said if you have the achievement it is a guaranteed drop, not a requirement. Just makes it so you spend time farming the appearance instead of the glaives if you dont have both already.

It is not a requirement, if it it please link me to where they said this.
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/11...ut#23910-23958

It's the achievement that rewards the transmog version of the glaives, which is completed by killing Illidan in the Timewalking version of Black Temple, after having completed the Warglaives of Azzinoth achievement.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/achievements/11...ut#23910-23958

It's the achievement that rewards the transmog version of the glaives, which is completed by killing Illidan in the Timewalking version of Black Temple, after having completed the Warglaives of Azzinoth achievement.
    RIP, Either way I stand with my point about people being whiny etc. And theres still the possbility its not necesary, the just use that as a way to guarante the drop

I have 3 sets of warglaives.

I also got both glaives in the first 2 weeks DH were available. First week = OH. 2nd week = MH. Mad lucky.