Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    I'm kind of surprised to see a statement like this come from him. Maybe he's starting to realize that a hardball attitude 100% of the time on 100% of topics isn't the best way to maintain a presidency?
    I am thinking he is slowly starting to realize that the campaign rhetoric was good enough to get him elected once, but it will not be good enough to get him re-elected or a Republican elected in the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    I am thinking he is slowly starting to realize that the campaign rhetoric was good enough to get him elected once, but it will not be good enough to get him re-elected or a Republican elected in the next election.
    Hopefully we get some real progress on immigration reform. I doubt it though considering the hurdle of the far right in both the Senate and House.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm really not sure what you're getting at honestly. I don't know what automation has to do at all with the service industry in retards to illegal immigration. Illegal immigrants aren't typically working in the service industry.
    Yes they are, from first hand experience. At one of my old job my sous wasn't even allowed to get promoted to executive sous despite him being there for 8 years.
    Last edited by Video Games; 2017-04-23 at 07:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay? anecdotal evidence is bad. Either way, I still don't know what you're actually saying. Your entire last post was incoherent as fuck.
    Well since you don't have any evidence at all, I'll take mine. I said it would be stupid to kick hispanics out because somebody needs to do unskilled labor like restaurant jobs and we won't be seeing automation for those in a long time. If we had nobody to do them, it would be terrible for the economy, culture and people's well being in general.

15+ Year Old Account
    service industry jobs like in restaurants have no real lack of people willing to do them though. Your "evidence" wasn't even evidence of the point you're trying to make.
    Every time with you. On ignore you go. Hopefully you're the only person because it makes me feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    have you heard of automation? because it is a force that is happening. We have an entire group of people who are completely mediocre, breed like rabbits
    Jeez man, don't be so harsh on Trump's campaign base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by artemishunter1 View Post
    Does anyone genuinely believe this is a good thing? Majority of these dreamers are taking useless degrees like soft sciences and law. Hispanics among them, who are majority, will work toward taking care of their own race like other illigals, like many hispanic lawyers already do. They will also lobby for welfare for other hispanics. Since hispanics are poor. The tax burden will fall into middle class people, everyone but the hispanics. Considering the breeding rate of hispanics and the low productivity of hispanics i.e. significant majority can't even pass high school, and those that pass them can't graduate through college, will inevitibely end up in welfare. You will also have to consider the retirement of this dreamers, since they ALL are poor, they will be in medicaid, service they have not paid into. Their income simply is not enough to care for them in retirement for even one month. Many of the posters here think this decision is a good thing, because you, yourself are hispanic, thus looking out for your own, or poor thus barely paying any taxes but you are not considering long term health of the country.
    You've problems, one of which is perception.
    However, there's a big difference between hispanic and latino; the former, typically from Puerto Rico (My father) are American citizens, where as latinos (Latin America such as Mexico) aren't.
    So if you want to try to be clever, divide the two. (I worked at a race track where both demographics were living in the dorms in the back...and whenever there were fights or problems it was always between the two)

And for the record...I don't consider myself poor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    You mean not deliver his campaign promises?
    The more he fails to deliver on his bad ideas, the better the country.
    Putin khuliyo

ITT we learn a politician never keeps their word.

ITT we learn that people honestly believe this is something that started with Trump.

Both sides are absolutely retarded in this regard.

Trump is the same as everyone who came before him and will be the same as everyone who comes after him.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The more he fails to deliver on his bad ideas, the better the country.
    But his voter support base is still pretty solid in their support for him. It is still very early in his presidency and most understand he can only get done what congress and the judge's opinion allows. And also, I saw a interview with him late in his campaign ,before the election , where he was asked the question what should be done with the families who have been here illegally for decades , yet committed no crimes and he replied, " We need to show compassion and at the same time enforce the law. But each case will need to be reviewed case by case and the main focus will be on the illegals who have committed crimes here in deportations." So I see this recent action as one of his having compassion for some of the families and children.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

ITT we learn that people honestly believe this is something that started with Trump.

Trump is the same as everyone who came before him and will be the same as everyone who comes after him.
    You actually think that a valid excuse of Trump, is that he is an amalgamation of every bad politician? You know that when democrats were pointing at Bush when defending Obama, they were not saying he was just like Bush? You do realize they were saying he is better than Bush, by blaming his results on current state. They were not saying that Obama is the worst parts of every politician in one, they were saying he is better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    This is the sort of intellectual laziness that gets us into these predicaments in the first place.
    It's not laziness, its lack of self awareness striking once again. Saying that Trump embodies every negative one can assume of a politician, is agreeing with every person that bitches about Trump. The difference isn't on opinion of Trump, it's that he thinks it's getting too much attention. Remember, all the people saying Bill Clinton was just like all other politicians? How about Bush? Maybe Obama? As a call to ignore them? Neither do I...

Just a simple comparison of how they are all the same. Here is the Department of Energy appointments between Obama and Trump:

Obama:
    Steven Chu:

Steven Chu is a co-winner of the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1997 for the "development of methods to cool and trap atoms with laser light", shared with Claude Cohen-Tannoudji and William Daniel Phillips. He is a member of the U.S. National Academy of Sciences, the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, the American Philosophical Society, and the Academia Sinica, and is a foreign member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Korean Academy of Science and Engineering. He was also awarded the Humboldt Prize by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in 1995.
    Trump:
    Rick Perry:

The Perry campaign suffered further after a November 2011 debate in which he stated that, as president, he would eliminate three government agencies, but he was then unable to name more than two of the three agencies. He later identified the agency he had been unable to think of as the Department of Energy.
    On August 30, 2016, Perry was announced as one of the celebrities who would compete on season 23 of Dancing with the Stars. He was partnered with professional dancer Emma Slater. Perry and Slater were eliminated on the third week of competition and finished in 12th place
    They are the same!
    Last edited by Felya; 2017-04-23 at 04:08 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...can-rest-easy/

Breitbarters seem angry about this
    How is repeating statements made months ago, now considered news again? He spoke about this already. He clearly could have lifted DACA at any time, yet he hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    You actually think that a valid excuse of Trump, is that he is an amalgamation of every bad politician?
    Where did I say that?

False equivalence pushing is exactly why we got Trump in the first place.

Do you people ever get tired of saying "EVERY CANDIDATE IS THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER CANDIDATE" ? It's demonstrably false.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    False equivalence pushing is exactly why we got Trump in the first place.

Do you people ever get tired of saying "EVERY CANDIDATE IS THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER CANDIDATE" ? It's demonstrably false.
    What always makes me laugh is they follow up the claim of all candidates being the same with 'and that's why I'm against candidate (A) and for candidate (B)!'.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    What always makes me laugh is they follow up the claim of all candidates being the same with 'and that's why I'm against candidate (A) and for candidate (B)!'.
    Good lord, this.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

I not for or against Trump.

I'm not surprised you guys read what you want to read when the cold hard truth slaps you in the face.

I not for or against Trump.

I'm not surprised you guys read what you want to read when the cold hard truth slaps you in the face.
    The cold hard truth is that false equivalences are almost always bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    The cold hard truth is that false equivalences are almost always bullshit.
    Whatever floats your boat. Have fun rooting for your guy (or gal).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Nice pro-amnesty Democrat you elected there deplorables. Lmao
    Thank you. Since we all know your words are usually spoken as antonyms, I'll take the term deplorable from you as a compliment and laud you for once at least showcasing a modicum of common sense. I fully support Trump's stance on this though it's never been something Republicans talked much about. Everyone who's reasonable already knows damned well that it's unfeasible that everyone here should be deported. Some are people who came here as infants. Deporting them? Where to? Mexico? That's not their country either. They fell through the cracks and they need a hand. Good for Trump to make a distinction. Already shows he's light-years ahead of Bill Clinton in his thought processes.

A path to citizenship for people who are inherently good and work hard should be provided.

Lets not mince words here Skroe, I think what has you and so many on the other side all hot and bothered, is the same thing that angered some so called "Leftists" (as your calling people names, I assume this is permissible to the mods so I will use the term leftist) when Herman Caine ran for President. Rage a an African American on the Republican Ticket is the same as the rage you have now that Trump is doing things that classically the Liberals have done. Unfortunately in this case it is a matter of heart, and the right call. Your problem and indeed the Liberals problem is that the Left has wrongly believed they own a certain demographic. They have deluded themselves into thinking certain things are a given for years, and now President Trump is challenging that by showing people that there's not a left or right but rather a good decision and a bad decision.

Your just angry he's doing so, and is breaking the Democrats stranglehold on what you would call a "minority" voter.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    You fucking Trumpkins retreat so much id swear you had a tricolor for a flag rofl.
    Ah the witty reply of a man who can't back his words up with anything but meaningless insults.

How far the mighty have fallen. Can a mod deal with this steaming pile of nonsense? Calling someone a "fucking Trumpkin" certain seems like it breaks the Forum rules. I know calling someone the reverse would result in some pretty heavy handed action from Hellboy.